News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

I need a lawn

Started by irrelevant, October 26, 2014, 05:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

You know, some grass? Nice pretty green stuff, that trees and onions don't keep popping up in? Like a farm, but just grass instead of dirt.

Bobbi

Yes, I think I know what you mean. A way to color nasty brown patches like when you use the flatten terrain tool, make them green.

Fellow Villager

I like this idea. maybe grass could be added as resource, and used to feed animals? don't know

Bobbi

I just mean to color discolored tiles. I still want to be able to build on it, plant trees, etc.

rkelly17

Quote from: Bobbi on October 27, 2014, 06:45:28 AM
I just mean to color discolored tiles. I still want to be able to build on it, plant trees, etc.

This would seem to be the big issue in Banished: No double layers. If you look at @RedKetchup's "two story" houses carefully the game thinks they are next to each other. That clever devil @RedKetchup did the graphics to extend beyond their footprints to get the appearance of a two-story building.

I'd love to build a statue or a beer-garden table and bench on top of paving, but  :'(

Banished is not the only game with this issue. I use a number of SimCity 4 mods which do the same thing.

RedKetchup

you cant build something ontop of something else.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

I just want a lawn. Like a farm, only green, and grassy.

slink

You are okay with not building on it?

irrelevant

Yep. I just want a little bit of grass to mow  :D Seriously, just a little spot to have a picnic. :) It'll be a nice quiet spot in the middle of the town.

I know, I'm losing it  ;)

Seriously though, with improved farms you can make it any size and shape you want. You could put little grassy bits wherever you like. I just don't want trees and onions growing back up thru it.

Just an alternative to the usual paved plazas.

slink

I have a quick and dirty version.  It is a crop field that can be built as small as 2x2, can require 0 workers, and has no large status icon.  If you decide to plant something in it, you will have to check it explicitly.

slink

I am going to take a shower.  I will check back.   ;D

irrelevant

irrelevant

It's perfect! There's like 5 or 6 little grass farms in that park inside the stone paths. Now I no longer need to manicure my lawns.  :D Thank you, @slink!

Denis de la Rive

Good to have, will try! Thanks again.  :)

bubbamcgee

Love the concept... sadly, though, I could not get it to work.  I placed a 5 x 5 area over top of a brown area (created by the leveling mod) and the brown area did not change to grass.  When I clicked on the area, it showed a ? on the icon and gave options for changing to a farm field.  Any ideas???