News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Searching an English to German translator person :)

Started by RedKetchup, March 16, 2015, 07:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

As the title explicite it , i am Searching an English to German translator person :)
a person who is good in both language to translate some of my mods into german :)

i would submit some text files and the person would need to translate the sentences or words into appropriate equals in german :)

any volunteer ? :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Mein Deutsch ist ziemlich gut, wenn du kein andere finden kannst.

But I am really out of practice. I would be pretty slow, and if there is a large volume of text, it would take me some time.

I think there are at least a couple of native German speakers out there?

RedKetchup

lets see if there is some natives :)

there is not alot of text / words. it is for translating mods into german for my german fans :)

rkelly17

If I'm not mistaken @Paeng is German, though I don't know whether he is open to translation work. There may be others around who are native speakers. I once knew German pretty well, but my skill has slipped badly.

Nilla

I'm not German but have lived there for 15 so I speak/write German decent (perhaps not 100% perfect, the grammar is evil, but better than English).

So, if that's enough for your purpose, send me the textfiles and I will give it a try.

RedKetchup

sweet:

lets see with this file :)

you only do right column and you dont do any of the lines starting with a //

( a // tells the compiler to not care of what is next to it - they are strictly place holders in my file ^^)

Nilla

RedKetchup

this file control the tooltips and the name that appear in the window like : New Medieval Residence :)

RedKetchup

oh notepad

right click and choose open with and select your regular windows notepad :)
they are regular simple .txt file :) the developper prefered and gave them an unique .rsc extension but they are simple ansi txt :)

RedKetchup

this one is the front page of the mod when you open your mods window :)

only translate :

New Medieval Town

This is the Redketchup's new vision of a Banished Medieval Town.
This mod will add many residence buildings in the game specifically designed to fit together.
This mod will also add a some new buildings/ profession/ resources to the game.
This mod is a big project destined to help you build real medieval town centers in your games.

Brathaehnchen

Although I speak German because it is my native language. But my english is really cruel. I should be more careful in the school.
For a real conversation in English I have to rely on the google translator.
That's why I would be particularly for a german version of all Red Ketchup mods.

Nilla

OK done!

First comes the last translation

Neue Mittelalterliche Stadt
Hier ist RedKetchup's neueste Vision einer mittelalterlichen Stadt.
Sie gibt Ihnen viele Wohnhäuser, die speziell gemacht sind um zusammenzupassen.   
Sie gibt Ihnen auch einige zusätzliche Gebäude/Berufe/Ressourcen.
Dies ist ein großes Projekt, das Ihnen ermöglicht wirkliche mittelalterliche Stadtzentren zu bauen.

The rest is in the attachment. I'm sorry @Brathaehnchen or other German people, there might be some grammatical or spelling mistakes but i suppose it's understandable. (Vielleicht kann mir dann auch jemand sagen ob es der, die, oder das Mod heisst. Davon habe ich keine Ahnung. Hab das Wort gemieden :-[ )

Sorry, I can't make the notepad-file as an attachment. What should I do? I have no program to make it a zip. Maybe I can e-mail it to you @RedKetchup.

RedKetchup

thanks you Nilla !
yeah you can mail or you can also just add a .txt after the .rsc, the forum will take it :)

@Brathaehnchen : what @Nilla has written, does it make sense ? is there any spelling mistakes ?

if it is all good, 1 will add it and do a german Beta version :)

thanks you so much Nilla.
did you liked the experience ? want to continue with more (older) mods ?

Brathaehnchen

I do not know exactly what you mean @Nilla.
But it is called in German "Die Mod" because mod is short for modification.

Nilla