News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mega mod-help

Started by Nilla, November 04, 2016, 05:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I know there's a special part at the CC page, that probably would have been better to ask these questions. But for me it's easier just to ask here and see if someone can answer. If not, I will see if I find my old log in for that page.

I've just acquired some "Trade Frisian cow". I have no idea what to with them. They just stand in their pasture, refuse to produce milk. There's also something called a "Milk pen" for "domesticated animals, but they don't want to go there either. What have I bought? I wanted to give my people milk and milk products but it doesn't seem to work with these cows. (None of my small traders want them either).

grammycat

When they reach full capacity in the pasture and are slaughtered, they become trade goods instead of meat and leather. You move it into your traders and get quite a good price for it.  The domesticated animals builds a tiny 4x4 animal pen that boosts milk, feather, or wool production.  You need 4 domesticated animals to build a pen and can produce them by first building a stable which then needs corn, barley,  or wheat to make the animals.  You can also trade to get them.

paralias

Livestock For Trade v1
Adds "Trade" versions of all of the livestock. Instead of meat, all of your livestock will produced Trade livestock versions that you can then take to the Trading Post. No additional resources (eggs/milk/wool) are produced.when your pasture reach the limit they don't kill the animal to produce leather or milk etc. it counts as trade item not animal

Domesticated Animals a product required to build Animal Pens.  You can obtain them from Dry Goods merchants.
(There's also a "Stable" mod in Kralyerg's Kave of Krazy Kontraptions, that lets you produce your own Domesticated Animals.)
Classification: Dry Goods
Trade Value:  250
Egg is a small pen holding hens that produces eggs and occasional feathers.
Milk Pen is a small pen holding cows that produces milk and occasional leather.
Wool Pen is a small pen holding sheep that produces wool and occasional leather
To build: 12 logs, 4 domesticated animal (purchased from a dry goods merchant), 20 work.
Size: 3 by 4
Profession: Herdsman
Maximum Workers: 1

Stable v1
A stable will take feed in the form of Oats or Barley or Corn, and will generate your very own Domesticated Animal resources.

Nilla

Thank you! Now I understand. They haven't reproduced, yet but I will try to trade them, when they do. I also haven't seen how it's put into the trading port, but I hope it will show as soon as there are calves. Can I get rid of the original 4 as well? I have more trading goods, that I need.

A stable seems to be just the right thing for me to build. Since I build the rice field, I swim in grain and don't really know, what to do with all of it. Give some of the oats to the animals, seems to be a good thing. I will try that.

grammycat

Thank you paralias-I thought they were slaughtered so nice to know they're not, especially the horses. It will use up your extra oats for sure-I think it takes 200 oats to  produce 1 domesticated animal. They sell for 250 in  the trading port.  At least those were the numbers in CC-TFA, I haven't verified that yet in the Megamod.

Nilla

The numbers are right 200 oats in 250 out, a profit of 50 for each animal.  I just built one. You can also see, that the poor animals are not slaughtered, but transported away in a special box with small wholes. Mean, when you think that there's a cow in that box!  :'( I will not sell any now, maybe later. It didn't take all too long to produce 8 of them (4 for milk and 4 for eggs), so if you have enough grain, it could be a good business.

grammycat

Thanks for the info Nilla.  I keep saying I'm going to simplify my game and cut down on mods, yet keep downloading more!  Our Banished modding community is just too good.

RedKetchup

Quote from: grammycat on November 04, 2016, 07:20:24 PM
Thanks for the info Nilla.  I keep saying I'm going to simplify my game and cut down on mods, yet keep downloading more!  Our Banished modding community is just too good.

yes THEY are :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .