News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Just popping in to say hello

Started by MarkAnthony, November 10, 2019, 10:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Hi everyone.

Compared to the majority of you I haven't played Banished all that long, but in my short time with Banished I've played 60+ games and have tried over 300 various mods in all manner of combinations and in this short time of playing, I did so - very intensely - basically playing every waking moment when I wasn't either at work or catching up on sleep. Playing in this manner caused me to feel burnout. That's all on me.

I may have taken time away from the game, but Banished is not far from my mind. I log in once every week or two here to read unread posts then log off. I still have all my game icons, folders and files on my computer desktop along with an in-game screenshot as my desktop background so playing Banished is still something I think about and am reminded of on a regular basis.  I just want to wait a while longer before I get back into it again; I'm hoping a decent length of time away from the game will make my return to Banished feel new and fun again. I'll admit I was getting a bit frustrated with a few things here and there while playing. The fact that I can no longer recall what made me frustrated must be a good sign I guess.

Anyways, just a while longer and I may be back in Banished again. I don't recall the last time I played, nor when my last post was; I'm too lazy to look, but I just wanted to pop in and say hello and to say I hope everyone is doing well.

Best wishes and happy holidays to everyone.

~Mark

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

kid1293

:) I just posted and wanted people to say something!
Thanks, Mark! Taking a break does not mean the end of things :) :)

Nilla

Enjoy your break, Mark. I take some from time to time too, as you might have noticed, even if I don´t play as many hours each day as you did.

I´m sure a break is the right thing at the moment. A computer game should be fun and relaxing, not stressful.

Welcome back, when you are ready! 

moonbelf

Hi @MarkAnthony, taking a break is good when you feel burned out. Gaming should be relaxing and not taxing. Enjoy the upcoming holidays and wishing you the best.

Artfactial

Hello back at you.:)
Good to hear things are all right.
Taking breaks to evaluate things is never a bad thing. I can relate to the burning yourself out.
I too feel the Banished-itch from time to time and will definitely get back when the time it there.
But, as many have said, approaching the right way so that is a fun thing to do is the most important aspect.

Till then, take care!

CathyM

"anything worth doing is worth overdoing"?  ;D

I, too, have been absent from here for a while, yet I am very appreciative of this group - Life just got very busy for a while, and I play Banished when I can, but haven't had a chance to get online here for a while... but Happy Holidays to all, and thanks for all you do!!