News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mark -vs- Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 2

Started by MarkAnthony, September 09, 2019, 08:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Have you solved your iron mystery? I can reveal, there´s no alien influence, no Goauld, no Jedday (You can spell it better than I), no witches, no thieving blacksmith; nothing of that romantic kind. It´s simply Banished categories; bronze counts in the iron category; as I said we´ve never heard of any iron, you had no iron from the start, Mark. It was bronze; Red´s simply using the same category for it as iron. Sorry for ruining the fun! :-[

MarkAnthony

I knew Red was planning on renaming the Iron limit to Bronze limit, and I knew that as long as Iron still existed in the game he would combine Iron and Bronze into the newly renamed "Bronze" limit but since I did not see the Iron limit's named changed I didn't think he implemented it yet; perhaps he did.

I was still looking forward to Sherlock Holmes and Watson and Obi-Wan and Yoda discovering the "Iron Bandit" down in a cellar or in an abandoned mine shaft somewhere with the missing Iron. Oh well.

Regardless, my RoTP Beta 2 game will have to stop here. The Blacksmith is up to his old shenanigans again like in Beta 1 and now won't even make me any more Stone Tools. I never wanted Stone Tools to begin with but that was all he was willing to make me before, but now he won't even do that. He keeps showing me either the "Out of Materials" icon or the "Limit Reached" icon which both are untrue and for over a year's time span he showed me those icons, so the game had plenty of time to update and reflect new statuses. Plenty of materials all around, and all limits were set to 10,000.

The Blacksmith needs more looking into as to why he's always being such a jerk, as far as I am concerned the Blacksmith is broken and a broken Blacksmith makes the game not only frustrating but unplayable for any decent length of time.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Nilla

My blacksmith works fine, at least so far. To avoid stress with copper, tin and bronze in different forms and combinations, I followed your example and started with stone tools. Now he makes bronze tools with no problems, but as @JM says; not from bronze but from copper and tin. I have no idea why your blacksmith is striking. Do you have any other mods loaded that may cause the issues?

JM

Why unplayable?

The blacksmith is just improvised, but works. Collect tin and copper ore, make tin and copper, make bronze tools. Or mine iron ore, make iron, make iron tools.
Some labels are missing or wrong (trading post, blacksmith, mine)
Some things are marked in an unexpected category.
Some things have no use yet.
but it's a beta ...

==================================
Harsh, hard alternate, small, desert flat

Limits are 2000, except food.

My blacksmiths are obedient and do what I tell them.

Because I'm still lazy to watch and switch production, I built four tailors. Cotton-cloth, flax-linen, cotton-hide coat and linen-hide coat. When I finally bought the sheep, I switched to warm coats. Two herbalists are enough to supply the entire fashion industry.

I have achieved overproduction of everything. So I just sit there, admire the natural beauty, and sometimes move the mouse.

Now I'm going to grow different crops and watch how they're doing.

RedKetchup

wow there are a lot of comments here and it will take me a lot of time to answer back.

i ll check the blacksmith back tonight. and see it really use tin and copper .....
btw, you start with bronze bars and no iron. the iron limit = iron + bronze. if you say you start with 40 iron thats wrong, you started with 40 bronze. no iron.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MarkAnthony

The start condition text says 30 Iron, the Status window in game showed the Iron icon = 30.

How could I have known otherwise?  I was misled in two places!  :P

As far as I knew I had Iron and someone stole it so I got to my Stargate, made contact with @irrelevant, he brought Obi-Wan and Yoda to help me, Sherlock Holmes, and Watson figure out who this Iron Bandit was.

and...

and....

It was YOU! All along! :(

:D

MarkAnthony

Quote from: Nilla on September 10, 2019, 01:15:48 PM
I have no idea why your blacksmith is striking. Do you have any other mods loaded that may cause the issues?
I missed your message.

I already showed my mod list, it's Rise of the Pharaoh and RK Carts (besides UI/music mods).And as I already stated, for an entire year's time the Blacksmith has shown me nothing but "Out of Materials" or "Limit Reached" icons so I can't do anything with him.

Hey look, I know I am not an expert Banished player like the rest of you, but I never had Blacksmith issues in RKEC or in Discrepancy's mods, or anyone else's mods - from day 1 I never had an issue - only in Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 and Beta 2. So now all of a sudden I have no clue how to operate a Blacksmith? No, sorry. There's something wrong. Maybe I can't put my finger on it but... that's my opinion I guess.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: JM on September 10, 2019, 01:28:55 PM
Why unplayable?
I missed your message too, sorry.  For the same reason I just mentioned to Nilla.

No Blacksmith = no metal and tools. No game, not for long anyhow.