News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Irrelevant: Hedestad, Ironman in The North

Started by irrelevant, October 11, 2019, 05:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Year 33

I may actually be able to pull this one out. Realized that I was selling deer hides to buy leather which is dumb. Making leather now instead which has allowed me to avert a coat crisis. Sufficient coats, tools, and fuel, and barely enough food, never more than half a year's worth (plus what's in the houses), but my guys like venison just fine, and it keeps coming in along with wild food in the summer. I lay off the farmers once their fields are planted and send them out into the woods to gather berries, mushrooms, and herbs.

I still don't have quite enough workers though; I'd build another fisher but I need to keep making honey instead, even though it is less production. I don't need more protein.

The original orchard became ragged, so I chopped it and replanted. That has had an impact on food quantity and variety. I guess I need more orchards, the second orchard will need replacing before very long.

Built a quarry, so stone scarcity can be managed for a few years anyway.

Several children have come of age recently, with a few more to come in the next 2-3 years. This has abated the need for nomads. Children already are eating food and wearing out clothes, whereas nomads are new mouths to feed/bods to clothe.

A few more years and I'll be able to start an outpost across the river.

I've never played a town anything like this. The real time aspect is very different. It really takes away the pressure to constantly be building more houses; I like it! This is an outstanding mod, @Tom Sawyer!

brads3

exactly, real time aging gives you benefits and balances the game better. when there is an issue, you have time to overcome it. you have the advantage to look around the map and plan a bit more also. since we grow food on a calendar base, it makes sence that the bannies age the sae rate.

how are you iking the happiness changes? did you try DS's options yet? he has pushed the health and happiness both to have more affects.

Tom Sawyer

Thank you! It's nice that some people still have fun with it. :)