News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Guerner

Started by brads3, October 13, 2019, 08:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

this will be a fun map but quite different.no more of the food and trees of the Northeast.some of this is in Beta still so it will look weird.

mod count 95, RED's pharaoh mod with KID's mexican add on but twisted through Africa
none of this is PC or historically correct,this map covers 2 countries so it is no where near to scale

you have heard of Lewis and Clark who traveled out from the mighty river to cross the Louisianna Territory and explore it. this is the other group who traveled down the river and overland on the southern edge.

we traveled down the Mississippi river several days. while we camped 1 night,the river rose quite quicky.by morning,our boats were gone aong with much of our gear and supplies.the mighty river was rising and flowing too swift for travel. it was a huge change from the calmness the night before.

we packed the camp up and loaded it onto the livestock we had.luckily we had the horses and pack animals.we headed  cross country to the west. it was a long dusty trip.as we moved farther away from the river,the landscape changed.the lush grasses were replaced by sage brush and cactus.we passed by bison herds and indians. these indians seem to live in tipis and move with the bison herds.

1 day we came to an oasis and decided to make camp.over time we explored and found a river to the south. across the river,we saw villages. the houses appeared to be made of the sand we walked on.they do not look or act like indians.we will stay and explore this area further.   

after too many attempts,this is the best i came up with for a map.ignore the main river turning east across the top.

map settings:Guerner,3484, lower nile plains,very large,fair climate<upper nile>,medium 3 start,no disasters    sheep,pumpkin,wheat
goal: build a mexican mission

Description=Rop mod southwest US
[Profile]
WheelbarrowBigger=1
DebugMenu=1
Radius=1
stopcoalburn=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
CCNoSmoke=1
ProperTime=1
banishedUImaps=1
SafetyHole=1
unlimited=1
OneStopAllMining=1
RKECtownhall=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
SeasonFX=1
KidForestOutpostNatDiv=1
MyPrecious=1
RKPigsLivestock=1
RKBisonLivestock=1
WoodButcher=1
KidGothicFarm=1
KidWestwardHoWagons=1
RiseofthePharaoh=1
BlacksmithTools=1
MiniBuildings=1
DSStoneHovels=1
DSFuelMarket=1
DSBridgeCrossing=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBSmallStorage=1
EBMarkets=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
EBIrrigation=1
EBIrrigationNatural=1
EBIrrigationDecoAddon=1
EBWinery=1
KidWorkPlaceVillage=1
KidSomeBoats=1
KidGhostTownHouses=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidGhostTown=1
KidWildWest=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidOldTown=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidStorageCarts=1
KidTinySeparate=1
NomadSignComplete=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidRowBusiness=1
MexicanFantasy=1
KidSBVMission=1
KidYardCover=1
KidRowHousing=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
ForestCombo=1
DungPile=1
marketpuzzle=1
WashingMod=1
DecoPlants=1
Ketchup=1
PlymouthHouse=1
OldHunterHut=1
TrainingCampMain=1
TrainingCampDeco=1
FlyFishing=1
Hunting=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
FruitVegBarn=1
StorageShed=1
SpecializedStorage=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
GrowRoots=1
Terraform=1
CCDocks=1
CCFrontier=1
SmallTipi=1
MaritimesRiffle=1
A8MoroccanHousing=1
A8MoroccanMisc=1
BokaapMosque=1
A8MoroccanTea=1
A8SouthAfricanMisc=1

brads3

by the time we found the oasis,our clothing was wore out and our tools were broken. we set up camp,planted 2 fields,and repaired tools.we were so short on food that everyone kept busy searching for whatever they could find. with the water of the oasis,we did get some hunting and fishing.

we quickly realized we will have to work for food and logs.it is too hot for the seeds we have. we dont have RED's fodder stables and greenhouses nor his orchard foresters. i do have crates and barrels that we can use to store goods.we look like indians working with stone tools and wearing our leather clothes.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2:map start
pic 3:start camp
pic 4: oxen and horses

brads3

YEAR 2 to 4

to help our food production we will need to dig irrigation ditches.the wheat did better but the pumpkins don't like the heat.we locate carts,storage crates,and sheds to save walking in the heat.we grow our own flax and make linen clothing.we found enough logs to repair our storage carts.

we still have some of the tree seedlings that we left the fort with.they are different than the trees that grow here. knowing the trees will need plenty of water,they will be planted near the lake north of camp.

although we have enough food,we decide to build a hothouse.this will give us more fruit.with it built near the irrigation ditch the worker can keep it watered.as our children become older,we begin to build houses.since the pumpkins and wheat did so poorly,we borrowed seed from the people south of the river and used irrigated fields.we will grow beans and corn.

pic 1: irrigated fields
pic 2:hothouse
pic 3: flax garden
pic 4: forester
pic 5:more storage and 1 of the plantation houses

brads3

YEAR 5 to 8

with bison roaming around the oasis,we weren't surprised when 2 scouts set up a tipi south of us.we expect more indians will arrive soon.

as expected the 2nd pair of indians arrive. they begin hunting  bison. the 3rd group was a family of 4 indians.they collect honey. they built 2 tipis ,1 for their teen son.the next set had 15,12 workers and 3 chidren.they setup a village and hunted south of us. while they hunted, they repaired and made new tipis.

at the moment we have no iron ore. we do have some bronze,copper and tin ore. we made more stone tools and linen clothes. i did have to manually force the adults to move into the houses instead of the young workers. to keep what little shade the trees provide,we select cut here and there.this way the native trees can continue to spread out.  i am curious to see if the thatch dies off.   

we worked to increase storage. a 2nd worker was sent to plant trees. the trees do not grow quickly here.

pic 1: indian scouts
pic 2: more arrive
pic 3: group 3 collects honey
pic 4: yr 6 inventory
pic 5:indian village

brads3

YEAR 8 and 9

while the indians took time to hunt enough leather for their tipis,we cleared and smoothed a path to the south river. a stone bridge was built to access the villages. to slow our own growth,a mini school was built.this shoud delay our children from moving out and causing confusion.

that plan didn't work. 1 of the indians moved into the wagon with the teen girl.

the indians spread out,they have 3 hunting areas,the village,2 gatherers,and even a stockade for the horses.KIDs workpace and the mini mod give the indians soe workplaces.storage is crates,carts,and some mini sheds.i do wish we had a mod to expand the indians with. they still need a medicine man tent,a tailor with feather headdresses,an open meat dryer,etc.

i was impressed with the forester.surprising they planted native trees. some of the foresters might plant oak,pine,and birch trees.now that this 1 has filled in,i want to send 1 of the foresters  to plant the next. the trees and plants might change going north on this map.

pic 1: 3rd hunting zone
pic 2:  indian workshops and storage
pic 3: mini school
pic 4: south bridge across the border

brads3

YEAR 10 REVIEW

popuation 52 in 18 houses.about half indians and half settlers.a mixture of tipis,wagons,mini tents,and plantation houses.5 mods just in houses.the school is full. 1 might skip school and become our 10th laborer. the rest of the children are quite young.

the irrigation has helped our food. with the oasis there is penty of fish and game.the trees do appear to be spreading but much slower than the RKEC. i think if the RKEC was adjusted to halfway between this mod and the RKEC it woud be awesome.it is nice to have some open meadows. with the slower growth, i have not sent a combo forester to work the start camp.the thatch has not died off.yet the regrowth is ot overpowering.RED has done a good job of learning and adjusting the control #'s.

i worked to not over cut the trees.we cut some narrow strips through the forests here and there.that worked to give the trees space to sprout more trees.whereas if you clear a large area,the trees can only multiply on the outer edge.wtih the warm temps,we have yet to cut any firewood. i was trying to see if the wagons will burn thatch.all the other tipis and houses are.that is helping us conserve logs.

the population growth of the start camp was held down. with KID's welcome signs,we controlled the indians when we had resources.they did have to work for leather to finish the tipis. it worked out to give a nice breaking point before the next big expansion.

i wish i had brought more mods. i did bring some production and mine mods in case they were needed. wasn't sure what all woud be neeeded with RED's changes to the Pharaoh mod. it would have been helpful to have more greenhouses and an orchard mod.RED's decorations would have been handy.i think this will work quite well though.

before i start the huge project to the south,i think we need to work toward trading.we have linen clothing and wool to ship.if you think the map looks odd wait til we get across the border.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3:inventory
pic 4: food graph
pic 5: citizen graph

g_BonE77

Neat. I'm liking this. Looks like the Nile maps also add the copper from RKEC and change the trees to palm? Keep it up.
~ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse ~

brads3

thanks.it sure is different here in the southwest. i just wish the President would send me more tools.

brads3

YEAR 10 and 11

we had sent a messenger back to the fort with a report of our progress.10 setters arrived back. they  were the 1st of 2 groups promised. with news of the villages to the south of our border,orders had been given to estabish a fort to open a trade route between the colonies and the southlands.

the settlers dug another irrigation ditch and planted corn and potatoes.1 pair build a home in the forests.the 3rd couple built the post office and began clearing land for the fort.

a year later the 2nd group arrived. there were 12 of them,7 adults with 5 children. they built a trade post,school,doctor office,and a blacksmith.

local bronze was used for the trading post and we built the RK blacksmith to use the nearby copper ore.linen clothing,wool,as well as some local reeds and flowers were sent back to the colonies.   

pic 1: 2nd irrigation ditch and fields
pic 2: settlers to the forest
pic 3: fort post office
pic 4:fort construction
pic 5:fort offices and trade post

brads3

YEAR 12 and 13

the fort added a chapel and cemetary. the south wall had storage,a tailor,and a brewery.a stable for the horses and a barn for the cows was completed in year 13.they ake fur coats to trade and some ale from the plums.
another irrigated field was planted in oats.

pic 1: fort cemetary
pic 2:horse stable and animal shed
pic 3: south fort wall

brads3

YEAR 14 to 16
           a fishing pier and bakery are added to the fort.a corner market will make sure goods are delivered  and distributed.we cleared land and built the north wall.it will be used to send 3 hunting parties out along the river.they will explore the land and bring in more furs as well as meat.

17 citizens arrived,12 adults and 5 young children.they are explorers and gold seekers.a placer mine works the river and a smelter was built.

our greatest problem is having enough logs with all the construction.this caused us to be short on tools.3 foresters work the heavily planted RK forest.2 plant the mixed forest of oaks and pines.an EB small market helps haul logs to the fort.a 2nd blacksmith is planed to process copper.

pic 1:old trees fro KIDs forester
pic 2:placer mine and 2nd hot house
pic 3:fort houses and market
pic 4: north fort wall sends 3 sets of explorers out

Nilla

This looks beautiful. :)

Written on my normal computer in the new apartment! :)

brads3

YEAR 17 and 18

now that everyone is settled into their houses,we work to restock supplies.another mixed forest is planned to the north and a gathering hut works between them.we cleared and fenced a pasture at the fort.

we have our 1st death. a lady died during child birth.

the hot house that is set to produce blue berries is producing juniper berries.evidently RED has replaced the berry.so anything that uses blue berry should now use juniper berries.different and unusual change.the fort brewer switches fro plum ale to berry ale. even with the low alcohol limit,the bannies are drinking us out of food.

the lack of tools and low education have a huge impact on these irrigation fields. otherwise the fields have produced well or were.

pic 1: 3rd forets
pic 2:fort pasture
pic 3: a 2nd RK blacksmith to process copper

brads3

YEAR 19

we need to recover fro the tool shortage.the general trade erchants bring so any ites but not enough seeds.we will expand the trading and add more trade posts. without RED's farm trading post,we will need 2,1 for seed and 1 for livestock.

we traded for 3 cattle.
pic 1: expanded trading
pic 2: cattle in the fort pasture

brads3

YEAR 20 REVIEW

population 123,29% educated in 33 houses.with the fort construction, we ran short on logs and stone at times. that made us short on tools which slowed us down. food production will improve as we overcome the tool shortage.it is taking longer to revcover than i had hoped.

the fort has a lot of room to expand.it is the 1st fort west of the Mississippi River.being this is Texas everything is bigger. hence,we made a large fort.

i am curious to see how this handles iron.  did RED swap the bronze for the iron like he did the juniper and blueberry?  i do have some mods to bring iron. i do wish we had a hill nearby for a mine.there is more work to do before heading to the south.

the plan is to get the indians to produce their tools.with them making stone or wood tomahawks,we should recover quickly from the shortages.a quarry will be needed for more stone.then i can begin the project south of the border.

the ROP mod has thatch regrowing.not sure where the bannies are getting it but they seem to collect more and more.
the new tree forest is very thick.it doesnt seem to plant palm trees.there are 3 workers there to cut logs.the regrowth is slower than the RKEC and we do have meadows still after 20 years.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: graphs