irrelevant - Gnaw Bone: going for Mountain Men, Isolationist, and One w/ Nature

Started by irrelevant, September 25, 2014, 06:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Here's something I never thought I'd say: my guys are burning coal in their homes; I'm so happy! Less pressure on the log=firewood chain.

Also everyone is using steel tools plus 100 in storage. Still just one smith.

irrelevant

Okay, so I think I'm finally getting the hang of this game  :)  8)

Mountain Men

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on October 03, 2014, 07:03:35 PM
Couple of years of drinking free ale will do wonders for a town's happiness. I have to look at a coal mine? Eh, okay. ;)

a coal mine ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

You know; happiness detraction.

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Haven't posted screenies in awhile.

Late Autumn 28 - pop 199 - got Mountain Men, now just working on getting pop 300 (so I can build TPs) without outstripping my food production, which will never be 30k/year without trade.

Stone, iron, and coal are all coming in. Making steel tools at the one smith, and letting my guys burn as much coal as they like; wood is the precious commodity on this map, until a merchant brings me a big raft of logs. That'll be a few years yet.

Got some taverns up and running. Berry ale for the masses to consume. But the infrastructure is ready for some real fruit, then we can really brew. And buy some grain to get back that last half-heart.

I'd been having some storage problems, but I've eased that somewhat through pop growth, ale production (pulls berries out of markets and barns, condenses it into ale, which takes up less space and is stored in the taverns), and reduced firewood production (thanks, coal!)

irrelevant

Fishing. It's not glamorous, and Gnaw Bone is not a spectacular fishery by any means. But there is 48,000 fish stored in markets, barns, and houses.

Oh, and still two seasons to go this year ;)

If anyone is really looking, notice that each fishing dock has a barn and two houses as close as I can get them.

RedKetchup

fishies is always good. they dont like but it keeps them from starvation :)

irrelevant

Whoa, those four taverns blew through the berries double quick. Going to cease ale production until I get nearer to having TPs up.

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Yeah, it's all about the happiness circle, you get that whether you're brewing or not.

irrelevant

Thirty year glamour shots

1 - Wilderness Market

2 - Far Side Market

3 - Middle Market and Port Market

4 - Middle Market and South Vale

5 - Old Town and Old Forest

6 - Ironstone Market.

irrelevant

Late Winter 33 - pop 300 - Isolationist

Bring on the TPs!

Four to start, got space for a couple more, if I tear out some stuff.

Stock targets are the same for all four. I won't get that much ale without importing fruit, but I want to make sure all I'm making now will be traded and not drunk  ;)

edit: Gah! Forgot venison. And fish! Swimming in fish  ;)

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Merci, mon ami!

Wow, the difference between 25 barns stuffed to bursting, and 25 barns that have hardly anything in them, apparently is 4 TPs.  :)