News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Megamod Update and the question of the limit

Started by tuggistar, December 13, 2019, 10:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuggistar

Hello Decided just in case to leave a message here too, on the site blackliquidsoftware.com no one wants to answer. too quiet there after updating the site.

Mesage from blackliquidsoftware.com:
Is there anyone alive on the forum? I asked a couple of questions, but no one answered from Modder. I was told that mega mod 9 in beta, is it true or not? Since the http://worldofbanished.com/ is now quiet in creating mods, then upgrade this mods - mega mod is now perfect. To be all in one mods and not to worry about compatibility.

And you can as well as check when the list of mods more mods than 252, when you click on the list of mods in the game immediately crash, but the game is fine. or it's just me so the game is fine and works. or 252 is the limit, can anyone check or not.

theonlywanderer

I am only aware of Mega Mod 8.01 being the current version at this time.

I slightly recall reading there were future plans for an update, but I have not read anything about the update actually being started yet.

I don't understand your crash question.   I've played MM8.01 many times without issue.

tuggistar

On the site blackliquidsoftware.com have already responded.
Can I ask the locals Modder, how to combine MM8.01 and RK Editor Choice Edition in harmony, and other mods from this site version 1.0.7 which are not there. To get rid of the limit how many active mods you can have at the same time. Mega mod 9 in production as confirmed by one of the Modder from the site blackliquidsoftware.com.

brads3

i am not a modder but can answere. i have not found a liit to the nuber of mods. however,each computer has its own memory limits and grpahic limits. this is the problem most have with the huge MM. you should check the performance level of your computer as the MM takes a lot of memory.all the production calculations take memory. the MM is like 200+ mods in 1. where i can play with 120 smaller individual mods, i do not dare load the MM. graphic limits seem to slow the bannies more than cause other issues.a game played at 10x can move different for 1 person than another player. as you reach the graphic limits of your computer,the bannies slow down to a crawl and can start to skip instead of walk.

both RK and CC use iron ore.so both can work together. which is above depends on which way you want the start to be.if you want Red's wild animals,you will need the RKEC above the CC. if you want to start with the CC fort or buildings you will need to have the CC MM above the RK.

load the MM and make sure you have memory enough to handle it and the RKEC before loading both mods together. check thru the CC MM to see what is included with it. note any of RK buidings that might already be in the MM.you may want to double check these after you load the MM in case CC chnged a limit tag for any of the outputs such as fodder. even if they are, you should be able to get the 2 mods to work together. just build from the RKEC any buildings that might be changed.

hypothetical, if CC added the fodder chain and did change any of the limit flags,those items wont work with an RKEC building. so CC fodder wouldn't work with a RKEC stable barn. you can build al the parts of the chain from either the CC or RKEC and they would work together. this is easy to check using the debug and checking the inventory. you would have multiple double tagged items.

if your computer can not handle the huge MM anxd RKEC,you have other options. load the CC journey with the RKEC and add the other mods individually that you want.pick and chose mods but stay below your computer limits. you can use 90% or so of the memory ,just don't push the computer farther.

tuggistar

I launched today the first time MegaMod 8.01 and on top of the RK Editor Choice Edition plus 15 cosmetic small mods and with a combination of Keys Tab and Alt game started for some reason I have in 5 minutes. Twice as fast as if such a number of mods run separately.