News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Set: Japan

Started by angainor88, December 30, 2019, 06:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angainor88

Made a charcoal kiln for fuel, as the iron sand mine only mines iron. It makes CC charcoal, and can sit on non flat land.

angainor88

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

angainor88

Honshu Forester complete, with added log storage.

kid1293

@angainor88 - Nice job. Do you find it troublesome?

You must have learned a lot about Japanese culture while making this mod.  :)
Are you going to add terrain and start conditions to the mod (or maybe as an add-on)?

angainor88

It took me a while to get the window set up so things weren't all on top of each other, and I didn't do extensive testing I'm afraid. Just checked to see if they put logs in storage. I read up on the thread that @Yandersen  posted a while ago.

When I eventually (lol) finish all these buildings, I may try to put it all into one mod, and maybe do some tweaking for building materials and such, but that's a while off I think. I've got all the houses to make first!

I have tried to learn a lot (at least about architecture). I sometimes wish I knew someone who lived in Japan so I could ask them dumb questions (and ask them to take pictures of the backs of houses lol).

Kristahfer

@angainor88 while looking for Japanese housing I found these images that might help you. The following link gives a large selection of traditional Japanese homes with many views. You probably have already checked and found these. But just in case take a look. I also noticed that many of the houses had a mixture of colors in the exterior views not just a single color.

Sitting on pins and needles waiting to see your work. I know it will be grand.

Traditional Japanese House

angainor88

I can always use more sources :P

Also, a couple questions for everyone: I have one building (the big castle) designated as the town hall, but it takes a lot of materials and labor to make, so I was thinking of making a mini town hall as well. Would people want that?

Also, if there are any specific items you want, please let me know!

kid1293

Make both a small Town Hall and a Castle.
People like a smooth game but once in a while, they want a challenge.
(and your buildings are beautiful) :)

galensgranny

Yes, people, such a me, would want a mini town hall and then also a large main city town hall.

angainor88

The bathhouse is complete! I will make the small town hall next, and then the non-housing and storage buildings will be done! I have a few more deco pieces I want to add to that part as well (quay pieces, flags, etc.). Still a lot left to do.

kid1293

Nice! A lot of details and they are clearly visible. :)
It is a very nice building and the chimney is a special touch :)

Kristahfer

Wonderful work, clear and crisp.

ilovescifi

Eagerly looking forward!

angainor88

Alright the (smaller) town hall is complete. I decided to so a kabuki theater for fun, so here is the Ikeda Kabuki Theater. Hopefully, I'll have time to put it all together tomorrow and then I can release it/get to work on the houses :P