Main Menu

Mod Set: Japan

Started by angainor88, December 30, 2019, 06:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pazztah

will there be food soon too?  ;D :D
looking forward

galensgranny

Having a theater for entertainment happiness is a great thing, instead of only taverns.  It looks great!

kid1293

@angainor88 :)
Congratulations on a job well done! I just downloaded the Japanese Miscellaneous mod.
Seen together the buildings match perfectly and they are not too dark.
The toolsmith is genial. Using charcoal to make steel tools! Kudos for that one! :) :)

angainor88

Artfactial

Congrats on another beautiful set, so much good stuff!:)

Abandoned

MarkAnthony

I am giving this a try tonight as a matter of fact. I for one cannot wait until you add housing and storage.

This will be my second attempt at loading your mods though. Your Japanese Deco mod said to place it above your others but when I did that I had a "dot" where a button should have been. I'm going to try a different order now, with your main mod on top.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

I'm not sure yet but I've built your trading post on a stream and a red bridge about six inches down from it on the monitor but so far traders are not coming to the trade post. Either it's the map or I am wondering if the game/trade boat can tell beforehand that the trader would not be able to pass below the bridge.

Are your bridges passable by trade boats?

angainor88

Aw, dang! It should theoretically have been passable by boats, but I know that's a problem that modded bridges have had before, that I'm not sure how to fix. Has anyone figured out how to fix that yet?

angainor88

I updated the Deco and Deco trees to be compatible with the Miscellaneous set, so you can have them in any order.

Still haven't fixed the bridge yet though, I'm afraid.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: angainor88 on September 23, 2020, 04:54:49 PM
Aw, dang! It should theoretically have been passable by boats, but I know that's a problem that modded bridges have had before, that I'm not sure how to fix. Has anyone figured out how to fix that yet?
I'm starting a new game to try out your red bridge on a river with a trade post above it. Don't fret too much @angainor88 it could just have been the previous map giving me an issue. I'll let you know either way what happens.               

MarkAnthony

Yeah, the trade boat was able to pass under the red bridge on a river and I tested it with the bridge immediately next to the trade post as well.

So it seems the only issue I am having so far was with your rice paddies. I didn't have any rice at the start of the game so I chose to grow the only two crop seeds I had, wheat and squash. The outputs were very small only 252 but that's to be expected with such a small sized area but the problem I had was with the squash crop. After the wheat and squash were harvested 252/251 respectively - the squash either grew one more unit or there was a graphical glitch looking like there was one plant not harvested. Well, the next growing season came and went and that rice paddie that had the one piece of squash in it - the farmer never came back he just worked around town as a laborer instead even though I still had him assigned to work that squash crop. I had to delete it and rebuild.

EDIT: I forgot to ask. How do I build your Grassho Silk Shed? The one material to build it doesn't have a name but I assume it's a silkworm that's needed? I assume that is something I need to wait for the trader to bring, right?

angainor88

Oh yay, I am glad the bridge is working! Thank you for testing it for me.

I'll have to test the rice paddy out some more, as I've never had that glitch with it. Since it functions like the regular crop field, I assume that the one piece of squash got stuck on an inaccessible tile and since it never got harvested, the farmer was stuck as a laborer. I'll see if I can duplicate the glitch.

Yes, the Gassho Silk Shed requires 1 Silkworm Egg to build, which can only be got through trade. I'll have to fix it so the name shows up.

Thank you for the feedback and testing, I really appreciate it!

angainor88

Getting started with the houses and storehouses part. The coding for these at least should be simpler...

First up, the Yayoi Granary. It only stores food.

Gatherer

When you do the houses please make more than just 6 variants.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.