News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-testing RK Editor Choice beta 08 -09-10-11

Started by Nilla, February 05, 2018, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Agree with Kid: brilliant idea! :)

This is a very nice game. No more bugs. Challenging enough. You have to think all the time and make your decisions; how should the few people be used? which material to produce? which building first? Nice! That's the things I like. :)

I can't say much about the changes, from version 8. I only played a few years. I've talked about the covered stockpiles before. I will make some more experimenting to see, how you can and can't build them. Too early for answers.

It looks like the hunter now have the vanilla values. Fine with me. You also somewhere @RedKetchup, that you've tried to reduce the blueberry production.  It looks like you've partly succeeded; it seems less than it was, but still more than vanilla. Taking away the stone from the market footprint is also good. It looked a bit strange in winter. No big thing; but maybe it would be logical to reduce the amount of stone needed, to build it, when you have to plaster the ground extra.

The picture shows a big part of the settlement now.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 20, 2018, 04:41:36 AM
i see, my thatch is tagged construction, but is burnable and doesn't count against my firewood.

depends from which mod it comes
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

First picture

This covered stockpile bug came back to the same "barn". I can't demolish the ghosted roofs, so I demolished the barn instead and built a long row of normal specialized stockpiles under roof. I have a couple of other covered stockpiles. No problem by them so far.

Here I collect material for the lighthouse. The mixture of material is good!

Second picture

This is not so good. I think it's possible to make transparent pastures. I would prefere that. The fields also have the "Peak structure" but that doesn't disturb me. It looks rather good, like soil.

Third picture

We've purchased broccoli and radish. Now I like the way they work. It's a harsh climate, so it's not 100% every year but most of the time. The broccoli has been fully harvested in late summer once. I've also seen crops freeze, when the autumn was cold. Good!

brads3

are you making all those materials for the lighthouse or trading for them? you seemed to go from the start to that building level quickly.where are your farmers,are you micro-managing a lot to have enough workers to process those materials?

Nilla

I would have bought some stone (and logs) if a merchant had brought some, but unfortunately no one came. Instead I built a bridge to the other side of the river to pick some extra stones, and also send a couple of extra workers in the quarry, all other materials are produced in the village. And yes I micromanage quite a lot. I don't need that much of each product, to have all production buildings going all the time. That's also the reason for the light house. I need the inventory, to see easier, when I have to switch product. (I know the normal city hall is cheaper to build but the lighthouse is so nice, that it's worth the extra effort).

And yes, I have to think a bit and use the people, where they are needed the most at the moment. But it works fine. That´s the way I like to play.

I don't have many farmers. I just got some seeds a few years ago and need only 2 fields with 1 farmer each. I have a greenhouse, that produces good (mostly corn) and some other food producers, so I manage. I show a screenshot with the inventory. You can also see, that I'm replacing the initial wood houses with better housing, as soon as I have the material. I like the look of the NMT ground floor houses better then the small single houses, so I mostly build them. A bit more expensive but have a better heat economy. And if I later need more housing, I can add a second (and maybe third) floor. 

RedKetchup

you absolutely right, i need to add a "recycle icon" to the stockpile ghosted roof.

about pasture, yeah maybe a transparent texture would be better. the peak texture on top of normal vanilla green grass looks weird, as same , the vanilla pasture texture look weird on Peak map texture. so maybe transparent would be the solution.

Nilla

Believe it or not; this time I have pictures with comments on how things look; no balancing today. ;)

First maybe a little bit to the game. It's getting easier now, but I expect, that I will get some more problems, when this small area gets used more. I will also take some nomads, just to mess around a bit.

First picture

This Old Wood Lumber 3 store house is perfect out in the woods (much better than the little brick house). It fits perfect to the surroundings and the other buildings, there's room for many people on a small space; perfact.

Second picture

Fire! It's "funny"; the fire started in a house on the ground floor and spread to the ground floor and first floor of the neighborhouse. The other three apartments in these two building complexes got spared. Good fireinsulation! ??? ;)

I just wanted to show the combination of these new stores with the brick houses. I find the front side look good in every combination I've tried. It's just a pity, that the nice signs with the name of the store disappears, when you set the second floor. But I don't find the back side look good. It's  better to use the "Chapel stone" if you care about how it looks on the backside.

Third picture

Finally got enough stones to pave the market. I'm not so sure about that. Maybe some ghosted stones to put under the market stands or some paving from the start?

RedKetchup

it is kinda hard on the mind to think to make all those new stores in 8 different textures to match the 2nd-3rd floor you will want to put ontop of these :P
this is the reason i only chose 1 in hope it will still look gook with them all ^^

about your market, i think it looks better like that. i personally dont like to see it all with a road stone texture on the ground at it was....
try to see if you can get used to see it like this.

btw, you will be happy.... i fully integrated the Canal System yesterday :)

Nilla

I don't mean you should make them in all textures. We just have to use them the right way. Personally, I think the left building with the tower look better than the other. The lighter brick also look better, or if we want the brick upper floors, we can try to make something on the back side to "block" the sight. It opens up for creativity.

I think it would be better to take away some of my stone tiles and only make some crossing roads. I'm pretty sure, that the good city builders can do nice things with this transparent ground. As you know I'm slightly disabled, when it comes to such things.  :-\

Yes, I'm happy about the canals, only on this map there's no need for any; small with a lot of water.  :-\

RedKetchup

but what if i some point... i allow some walls decorations with the textures ? maybe we can hide those backwalls ?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on February 22, 2018, 03:09:55 AM
It's just a pity, that the nice signs with the name of the store disappears, when you set the second floor.

even if i do this.... picture 1 ... if happends to put a 2nd floor with a balcony... you still wont able to see the sign.... picture 2

but i think with no balcony, it looks better and not clipped picture 3

(i also have to fix the roof so you dont see it through 2nd floor windows :P picture 2-3)

Nilla

Sorry for causing you extra work. @RedKetchup ! But I guess, this is also the function of the beta.

I agree, it's no problem, if you have to use your brain a bit and choose a second floor without balcony, over a store. Another small thing about the stores. They are found in the tool bar "city service". I find, that it would be more logical and probably easier, to find together with all other markets andbarns under "storage".

This game was "nice and easy" until I took the second, very large "batch" of nomads. Now some years later, it's not that easy anymore. The nomads all have houses, they have clothes and tools and can all be fed (even if the foodgraph took a big leap downwards). But now I haven't got enough building material to build houses for the young adults of this settlement. The firewood is also quite critical. I have to import logs and the merchants are were very stingy, when it comes to bringing me any. I have sent all people out to cut trees but that's only possible another few years. So I'm about to build another trading port.

I have decided, that I will not spam the map with trading ports, just so many I need to buy logs for firewood for domestic use. I have no room for more than this one forest (and maybe it will have to go later, too). But my plans are to produce most of the other things, that are needed.

First picture 

As I've said; I like the "behaviour" of the crops. They grow different. This year the summer was very hot. The oats was the only crop that didn't stop grow; it's already harvested. The others have started to grow now again, when the temperature has dropped in late summer. Other years (like the last) are colder and the oats grew slower, than the other, so the harvest wasn't full. I find it perfect this way. :)

Second picture

I think I haven't shown where I put the lighthouse, I had to save material for so long. Here it is; to guide the ships, where the river makes a turn out in the lake. Perfect spot! :) It's almost a pity, that it's not possible to build a second one, just for fun on the other side of the lake.

All the houses you see on the other side of the river are nomad housing. It took a while to build them all.

You can see the inventory. There are all kind of food, but not as much as I like for 400 people. The production is alright but I will continue to increase the production. Some building material, like stone and lumber are also low.

Third picture

Here are the houses for the first nomads. Not so many and easy to take.

I've cut in the food and population graphs to show the effect of a large batch of nomads. It´s very obvious; don´t take any nomads, if you´re not well prepared!

RedKetchup

there wasnt any problem for the nomads to find they way in ?

and yeah i know they arent in the good toolbar ^^

brads3

i can build another lighthouse but it won't be that 1. :P

is there any other testers besides NILLA at the moment or did they all jump ship???

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 23, 2018, 10:12:17 AM
i can build another lighthouse but it won't be that 1. :P

is there any other testers besides NILLA at the moment or did they all jump ship???

maybe because we now need you testing. @brads3  ??