News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Profession: Carrier

Started by mer, May 29, 2018, 10:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on May 30, 2018, 03:57:46 AM
@RedKetchup, maybe you would consider releasing your carts as a separate option for those whose computer's can't handle too much, since they are a fabulous item.

yeah maybe i can release those in same time as beta 13 tonight
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

sounds like you need specialized markets instead of a general market. 1 that holds just textiles only. there are several market options.you can use 1.06 mods as well.just remember they are limited to the older flags,but they work good at storing textiles,logs,firewood,etc. any textile market wont store just wool. they will also store leather and other textiles that your map is producing. i use a combination of older markets and newer upgraded 1s. EB's market set,KIDD's market puzzle,SLINKs markets,etc.

as to the computer handling mods,i recommend going thru the pages. there is tons of info posted on helping to gain speed or power.please dont give up.we need new players to keep bringing new ideas.

mer

After drawing new hope to extend my Banished time :), I simply reinstalled the game to get rid of problems due to earlier mod testing, and at least for the moment stability is significantly enhanced. I will test the Markarts now, but if it would be possible to get the carts, RedKetchup, I would be deeply grateful as they seem to be even more versatile for goods micromanagement.

huyle

QuoteThat would be a laborer which can receive a source storage (barn or pile), a target storge (of the same type, of course) and a kind of good, and then transports simply every bit of this good from the source to the target.
this literally what a vendor do (if you have a specific market mod)

mer

The carts makes it a lot better indeed. Only... I guess that they can bo only be modded due to the goods flags, and that's still sometimes something else than 'one kind of good' - not for the construction materials and firewood, who have their own flags, but let's say, for fish (unmixed with meat and chicken), or leather and wool separetly (to provide both even if the amount in total is very uneven).
Furthermore, a vendor will not empty the most distant source first even if I would like to have that being emptied without necessarily destroying it (to make space for this year's harvest nearby, for example). So, I would say, sorry, no - it's not the same. However, it can replace it to a certain extend and that's much better than the unmodded situation, so I am really grateful, RedKetchup, for the stand-alone-mod of your carts :) !

RedKetchup

enjoy !

the game has limitations, we cannot ask 1 item or a list of items, we can't . it goes with flags and all the items in that flag count.
sorry the game cannot allow more precision than that.

Goblin Girl

Red, with these carts of yours, what is the difference between Textiles and Fabrics?  To me those words mean the same thing.

RedKetchup

the market Textiles & Fabrics hold not only the Textile flag (leather and fur) but also the Fabrics flag (Custom2) which hold Cloths and Linen.
cotton and flax are also a textile flag.

brads3

they are almost the same. textile is more the 1's you gather like wool,pelts,leather. fabrics is processed 1 step. so cotton into cloth,flax into linen.

Goblin Girl