News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

North 6.2 - Survival Hotfix

The balancing changes we talked about are now available for download. Here in short what's new:

- Added a peat goahti as early game dwelling for survivors.
- Added a priest option to the wooden chapel to reach full happiness already in early game.
- Added an option to preserve cabbage for better food supply.
- Slightly increased yield of other vegetables like turnips, onions and beans.
- Increased amount of veges and fruits brought by merchants.
- Fixed a bug of missing coats in builders and farmers carts and put coats into Anders and Ella's bag.
- Changed lamp oil to now made from tallow in ratio 1:1 to be more relevant when it comes to mining.

Download: North62.zip (99 MB)

And here the little Sami goahti. I can make some variations if people like to use it more than just for surviving the first year.

Nilla

Nice! :)

Can I load it to my present game? It has passed the pure surviving time, but it would still be nice to take a look at the new "stuff".

Forget the question, I saw on your webpage that it is ! :)

Tom Sawyer

Yes, you can load it in your running game. Cabin workshops and wooden chapel have to be rebuilt to get the new options. The changed amounts should be just patched in. :)

brads3

the indians have a request for a corn patch. their animals are hungry.

Nilla

@brads, for some reason some of the merchants bring corn. I don't know why. Other crops from the New World, unknown to medieval Europe, was totally taken away. So your Indians and their animals could buy corn!

Tom Sawyer

That patch already exists @brads3 .. NewCrops.pkm to add crops from the New World (potatoes, pumpkins, squash and corn).

brads3

thank you. some reason i can get squash but i can't order corn.i even tried a CC in-edible corn this time around.NECORA has animal pens and KIDD's corn whiskey need corn. NILLA,i was hoping the new modders would have kept making more indain parts or EB would come back.

child_of_air

I actually meant that the tavern in the pictures looks a bit modern to me, it's certainly not medieval. I was hoping for a different model, or at least a different texture.

Nilla

@child_of_air, if you're talking about the Tavern, where you can build a guest house on the top, of course, that's too modern for medieval times. I suppose you don't build the red houses, red school, the brickworks and the glassworks in your medieval village either. They are all 19th century. But there are alternatives (not to brick and glass, but you would not produce them or need them in a Nordic medieval village anyway). Why don't you use the ale house with the grass roof? Maybe the windows are a little bit too large to be genuine medieval, but that's the only thing I find "out of the time" and for me not hard to accept.

Nilla

Did you really made the goahti with detraction of happiness?

The people on the picture live in the circle of a well, a Wagon Vendor and a chapel without priest and are members in a "far away" church. I can't understand, how anyone can be happy, if the houses bring a detraction of happiness. But on the other hand, there are many things, I do not yet(?) understand.  After I built a sauna, everyone was happy. That would also be unlikely, with detraction.

Tom Sawyer

Yes it is implemented. I have tested it with people switching between goahtis and proper houses. The graph went up and down just like it would be with a charcoal pit on and off. What I also saw is that having all aspects including priest and lots of food they seem to can tolerate one detraction effect and still have 100%. Then  it would be not completely true to say they cannot be fully happy in a goahti but it is harder than in a house. But that's not really proofed.

In your picture are 9 people living in goahtis with happiness of about 70% and they have 3 aspects + priest bonus. Probably also good food diversity. Sauna and alcohol is missing. I guess it would be more if they would life in log cabins and even more in red cottages.

zak4862

Greetings to you Tom!
I am now playing your map for a while. I wanted to ask you if there is anyway or tool to remove used clay/sand pit.
I have tried CC flatten tool and also ordinary flatten tool,but nothing works.
If you know any solution or tool which could do the job,please let me know.
Thank you for any answer and sorry for my English.
            Regards zak4862

Willows

When I played The North  a couple times, I found that you should be able to delete the actual pit but the depression will still be there. I would build it right in front of my sawmill, and then after I deleted it, I build a road over it, and then put some of those wood planks on top. It made it look like an intentional platform in front of the mill.
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

zak4862

Hi Willows!
Thank you very much for your reply. I will use this as an ultimate option.
            Regards zak4862

Nilla

@zak4862, you can make a fishing pond of the claypit, when it´s empty (and I suppose also if you just don´t want it there anymore). It might look a bit weird, but I got the tip to decorate it with the Waterlilys from @tanypredator and it became beautiful. I´ll add a screenshot from an earlier game. The sandpit I don´t know. It doesn´t run empty so I never had any need to demolish it.