News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Westward Ho V1.02

Started by kid1293, July 25, 2018, 11:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

I agree @brads3 variety is nice, everything the same would so be boring.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on August 18, 2018, 02:33:43 PM

however RED set things, he does override and affect hunters. your hunters do hunt elk,ducks,etc.don't feel you need to conform or make all your mods work different than you have them.

no. we cannot ask hunters to hunt this or hunt that. we have absolutely no control on them.
they will hunt all animal populations.

there is no way to tell them to hunt deers, geese and duck and dont hunt bears and bisons...
there is no function we can modify to set which animal population it should hunt.

if you add another animal like...  wolves... they will hunt wolves too.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Seems that way as Red says.

The Hunt description in the huntersLodge Template file is very limited.
The game tells the hunter to kill all animals it sees what are set in the Population Resources files of the mod.
In Vanilla that are only deers.
No way to tell to kill this and not that.

HuntDescription hunt
{
   // one deer per month
   float _killTimeInMonths = 2.0;
   ResourceLimit _resourceLimit = Food;
}

No hook to assign an animal to.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Hawk

Quote from: kid1293 on August 18, 2018, 02:23:16 PM
Hi @Hawk . I had a hard time figuring out a gatherer with RK's things on the ground
so I left it to his collect-buttons on vanilla toolbar. deadwood, food and thatch.
I think they work just as well. A little managing though.

That makes sense, but I still like to use gatherers for a little but less micro-managing.  ;D   

Quote from: brads3 on August 18, 2018, 02:23:55 PM
so you are telling us we type those blogs for our health? there is so much info and pics in them. good info on putting multiple mods together as well.have you seen ABANDONED's map? each town is a different mod set. she is really good at finding some old but good mods.

What? You folks do those blogs just for me?
That's a bit of an over-the-top comment, don't you think? I'd say it goes without saying that most folks here love those blogs. Just because I don't like to read - anything - you have to come out with a comment like that?
Good grief!  :o I don't even like to read user manuals for games and software, and such.

I guess I'll go back to the other games, or at least refrain form posting here anymore, since what I say seems to offend some folks.  ::)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

brads3

don't mind me i was harrassing you.it is all in fun. i didn't mean to offend. i apologize HAWK. last thing i want to do is send players away.more players the better.they spice the game up and bring more ideas.

Abandoned

Quote from: Hawk on August 19, 2018, 03:17:05 AM

I guess I'll go back to the other games, or at least refrain form posting here anymore, since what I say seems to offend some folks.  ::)

hey @Hawk stick around, we like to hear your opinions.  :)  Don't worry, not offending, but even if, we're tough we can take it.   :)

brads3

this mod can get stuck in the registry.if you turn this mod back off,the pine trees still have the darker texture. it didn't add the buffalo or have the start settings.did this even thou it was below the RK both when it was enabled and when i turned it back off.not a major issue just odd, do you have any idea as to why it gets stuck?

what i am wondering is if we can understand how and when mods get stuck like that,can we control it or use it to our advantage.

Willows

Teasing, harassment, purposely annoying someone, is only EVER fun for the perpetrator. Usually never for the one being messed with.
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

kid1293

@brads3 - you are messing with start conditions. Turning this mod off WILL make changes to
what computer remembers from the game. I never tested this mod with RK's or CC's mods.
It was never meant to be combined with any other mod that changes start conditions.
Just a fun mod to play with. Not part of any mega-puzzle!

Abandoned

@brads3 why not use Westward Ho the Wagons- which is the wagons only, no special start conditions.

brads3

i always push and play with start settings. that is part of the fun. this mod does give some interesting maps.challenging with bigger meadows and less trees. the modders only let me push the starts so far,ABANDONED.they each have learned to lock me up or out somewheres.LOL

Abandoned

Then why not just play with new mod and enjoy it for what it is.?

brads3

i like the new nomad options with %.those will be helpful. those will give us lots more controls of them groups.

Abandoned

That option is not new. You can get that option with Nomad Sign Complete and with kid's nomad well in Old Town.

brads3

maybe it was the old towne i saw it in. i was checking out several mods at once.i hadn't added in a couple months.