News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Brightwood

Started by jerica, October 19, 2020, 11:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerica

As much as I love and am awed by other people's more urban, industrial settlements, I find myself always coming back to pastoral, woodland villages for myself. Especially since I started using Kid's farmyards - that's been a game changer for me! So I present my most recent Banished endeavor - the village of Brightwood.

Brightwood is currently centered around the farmyard area, and a forest haven to the southeast, where the foresters and gatherers are located. Now in it's fourth year, it's already expanded nicely, with a new barn, tavern, and school. Once I've got a few more adults, the plan is to build some more houses in the haven area, plant a chestnut orchard, and build a windmill so we can start baking bread (and donuts!).

Kristahfer

Very nice @jerica would love to see more.

jerica

Year 7

The mill has been built, so now it's donut time for everyone! As you can see, we've added several new food related buildings - DS's Village Kitchen, and the Hobbit bakery, as well as Kid's BBQ stall and a Fish Smoker. I've also included a beauty shot of the haven area, which is hard to take pictures of when the trees are leafed out.

Great things are afoot to the north, as you'll see in the next update.