News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: General Goods merchant crash boat fix v 1.0

Started by RedKetchup, September 12, 2014, 10:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

General Goods Merchant crash boat Fix.

This MOD fix a game crash which can happends when you have alot of mod that add alot of new resources. When you have alot of new resources, the General Goods Merchants cant handle so many causing a game crash (overflow) when he docks to one of your trading post.

to resolve the issue, this mod change the merchant so he doesnt offer anymore the seeds category freeing up to 17 spots that can be used for our new awesome resources added with our new MODs.
and you can still get the seeds from your prefered Seeds Merchant :)

if you have many mods that add new resources. and it happends your game crash when a boat arrives at your trading post... that s the mod perfect for you !.

>>> if you have and use Creamery Dairy Products MOD v 2.1 , 2.2 but NOT 2.3 you dont need this fix.  <<<
Creamery v 2.1 , 2.2 is already fixed and patched
Creamery v 2.3 and ++ wont be patched anymore.

Magic Link will appear once you are logged ON on the forum !!
If you want to download it .... you need to register on our forum ! Once you have done that, the link will appear just below this green arrow :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

Had my first general merchant. No seeds! Cheese and other things show up as choices on delivery menu! Awesome!  ;D

RedKetchup

great ! all the seeds gone.. it really make some places for many (17?) new awesome goods :)

rkelly17

But now I can't buy seeds with some of my 10,000 fish.  :'(

I'm assuming that a version of this mod could be made leaving out some other category for those who want General Merchants to carry seeds. And then one could switch various versions on and off when starting a map.

RedKetchup

i am so sorry but dont have alot of choice :(
it s a temporaly fix, i thought at 2 possibilities, but my prefered one didnt work, like if something hard-coded in the program was bugging out. maybe Luke will fix it, cause it s at him to fix it, it s his game.

slink

Perhaps you could make the seed merchant buy edibles?

RedKetchup

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 14, 2014, 02:34:34 PM
i am so sorry but dont have alot of choice :(
it s a temporaly fix, i thought at 2 possibilities, but my prefered one didnt work, like if something hard-coded in the program was bugging out. maybe Luke will fix it, cause it s at him to fix it, it s his game.

Maybe someday you can delve into the now inaccessible code and change it. Until then we make do as best we can.

RedKetchup

and a guy lately, just decided to take all the free space i made... just for him alone. and everyone else go to ... ^^

he just added 20 names of crop/orchards. didnt made any 3D anims, but took all the free space :) banana...orange...melon...citrus...carrots...turnips... etc lol 20

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 15, 2014, 07:11:47 AM
i could, but it s not cheating ?

/joking
To counter-balance the anti-cheating of taking the seeds from the General Merchant.  There is such a thing as anti-cheating, isn't there?   :D

RedKetchup

there is a version just for you Slink :)

i added Edible to seeds merchant :)

Alycya

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 15, 2014, 10:31:53 AM

And for me - that was exactly my problem with your fix. Thank you  ;D

Bong

Nice job @RedKetchup. I was away from forum for few days, and there is so much mods to try.  :D

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 15, 2014, 10:31:53 AM

I'm hoping that @slink will let the rest of use the mod, too.

spamnad

Thanks @RedKetchup!  I like the mod update of the seed merchant purchasing with edibles (the version you made for @slink).  It fits much more with my playstyle!!!!