News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trap Line

Started by Nominix, February 10, 2017, 05:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

ok,i am not a modder but am trying to understand some of the coding mechanics. my take is thatwhen LUKE gave modders the codes on some things he only gave half of it.and the other half is hard coded. if i follow NECORA right,we can not add items to the original gatherer?? say the gatherer is to pick up honey as well as the items he already does pick up?? so we can't just say the gatherer is to collect what he does now+ 1 other item?? if we can then we  could still have the start capability and just add "wild items" to it. therefore we aren't upsetting th balances and mods that are already designed.
  upon reading NORM's explanation, having it fur only does make sence. especially since REd already started to add diffeent hunting meat options.
  as to game starts i have arguements with the game itself on how it pulls from the mod order. my understanding is the top mod is loaded 1st and then subsequent mods add to it. but have found cases where the lower mod had more power and overrides the top mod. i have the blacksmith tool mod and to me it should impact all blacksmiths below it and all my tool sheds should be able to produce stone tools and iron tools. but it never does that. it only affects a select few. i shake my head on this 1. the way the game reads mod lists is more complex than the guide rule. in general my understanding is if 2 mods use the same terms they will conflict and only 1 will load. but if we call things by different names both will load. i thought this would stop a mod from killing another mod.

what  controls the spawning of items on the map? does it go by the start mod and conditions? or does the items spawn after the gatherer is placed? this is where  we push the game limits and the area limit.
   i agree that we don't want to set outputs too high and it becomes a cheat. the hope is to take the area limit control and give it to the modders who then can limit and adjust numbers to find a good balance.a gatherer of 1 can only colect so much and in a large population a player would send more gatherers from the hut. the idea is to allow more different products from the forest but in a balanced volume. say a guy and his son go checking trapa,while the dad was resetting the traps,the son would pick the berries or apples nearby.

Nominix

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 12, 2017, 12:18:27 PM
we cant make drop 2 things in same time, a meat AND a fur (or leather)...

so it is totally random :) you ve got bad RNG probably.

setup a 3rd and a 4th towers maybe a good option :)

I also find that furs are very hard to come by. I built 13 of the towers and furs were really hard to come by as well as some of the towers (8 to be exact) refused to produce anything. even after 3 years. I have 9 in a row directly beside one another and only 1 will produce and its a very low amount. Not sure what the issue is. Im continuing to play around with them though on a new game to see if it happens again.

But yeah the fur amount seems really low and venison is really high. Seems venison meat goes over 200 I think it is on every producing station but 1 and thats the one that is barely producing anything.

Edit -  the issue can be replicated by building a large number of watch towers at once (in this case 7 at once). It starts pushing people out of houses even with plenty of housing available and some will have no tools regardless of the amount you have stored. If you immediately build more houses quickly you can rectify the issue, but in my case , being winter all died of starvation/cold -see watch tower 3 pic. Game is completely bugged no recovery for it. People continuously loose housing and everyone dies.

RedKetchup

this is because they cant go work ??? you blocked the entrances of the towers :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nominix

RedKetchup

maybe it was for punishing you to put them in a row like that ^^

why not distribute them nicely over the area ?? and do something more..... esthetics ? ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nominix

i was just playing with them to see what they would produce and seeing how many furs I could get. I actually am working on a nice asthetic one but keep playing with the palisades and thier connections. I definitely want to set up a good one. I really like the mod its got all kinds of potential. I also have a few spread out but started spamming them to get more furs, which is when I ran into my blocking mistake.

Paeng

Yeah, I built a camp with 5 towers and they all performed nicely...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]