News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Eggs, let's talk about eggs, cluck cluck

Started by QueryEverything, February 16, 2017, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Oh my word!  I always end up with crazy amounts of eggs when I have chickens, they are just  ...  everywhere!! 
I love chickens, and I love eggs, but, it's an egg bonanza!!

I was thinking of things to do with egss, and I've come up with some ideas, if anyone has any more ideas, or if someone is interested in implementing them, let's get cooking :)

1)  Omelette:  eggs; onions; mushrooms (if a dairy is avail:  eggs; cheese; mushrooms/onions)
2)  Frittata: eggs; mushrooms; onions; potatoes; etc
3)  Frittata (for those with seeds): eggs; onions; peppers; potatoes
4)  Scrambled eggs:  eggs; onions (with dairy:  cream / milk); herbs
5)  Fried eggs:  eggs; eggs; eggs (with dairy:  eggs; butter) (with baker: eggs; bread) (with pigs: eggs & bacon)
6)  Fried rice: (for CC/MM players): eggs; rice peppers; onions; mushrooms
7)  Mixed grill:  beef (venison, chicken, mutton); eggs; mushrooms; onions (if a butcher installed:  eggs; meat; mushrooms; onions; sausages)
8)  Eggs & Veg:  eggs; mushrooms; onions; peppers; potatoes

You get the idea :)

Also, a great list here is full of recipes that can be adapted to Banished. :)

Well, how to cook?
a 2 x 2 (2x2 + road) campfire; camp oven; soup pot; cauldron; bbq grill; spit; hotpot; etc etc :)

But, it's only eggs??  ah, yes, but think about it, so much more can be added to the recipes, using what is native to gatherers, and in some cases, what can be bought from native traders, vanilla stock items (seeds etc).  Most recipes rely on vanilla content.
In future maybe another chef modder will add to the cook spot with more ideas.  :)  Soups, slow cooked beef etc .... 

But, honest to goodness, help me with my eggs, please :D :D :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

you make me hungry this morning.....
can i have 2 eggs turned with bacon and rosted potatoes ? oh with 2 toasts, white bread please.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Do any of the bakeries use eggs? Surely they could be used in cake or something. Or how about a bacon and egg roll?

taniu

Can add seafood,  shushi = fish + seaweed +wasabi, condiments :ketchup, herbs. Flour products : pasta, dumplings, pancakes, I'm all for this idea but I know that such a mod difficult to create, which to make moderators take up the challenge? Please

Turis

I'll include in the list pancakes, Spanish omelettes, Boiled eggs and Green beans with potatoes and boiled eggs.

elemental

Another obvious one is quiche. Perhaps not cooked on a BBQ though, but definitely good for a bakery.

QueryEverything

So many wonderful ideas :)  just woke up, now for breakfast!!

*homer simpson donut drool)

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Turis

QueryEverything

Just wanted to thank @RedKetchup for the addition of Quiche & Omelette to his recent update of the "Old Bakery".
It has saved my egg crisis!  (So far, haha!!)

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1342.msg28845#msg28845

taniu

I just wanted to thank you for adding @RedKetchup Quiche & omelette in the old bakery still would come in handy kit invented by @Turis. "Pancakes, omelets Spanish, eggs and green beans with potatoes and hard-boiled eggs."
I like this idea, but you can add to  kitchen? Not everything has to happen in the Middle Ages, what people eat, it's just a game, you can let go a little fantasy :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: taniu on February 21, 2017, 03:17:08 PM
I just wanted to thank you for adding @RedKetchup Quiche & omelette in the old bakery still would come in handy kit invented by @Turis. "Pancakes, omelets Spanish, eggs and green beans with potatoes and hard-boiled eggs."
I like this idea, but you can add to  kitchen? Not everything has to happen in the Middle Ages, what people eat, it's just a game, you can let go a little fantasy :)

i tried to keep it simple, we all know there are 6-10 ingredients to make those...
so i am not sure about add a recipe with : egg, green beans, potatoes, hard boiled eggs... is a good thing. i tried to keep it simple.

QueryEverything

My bannis are going to be over run with egg goodies :)
I'm just thrilled you were able to help so fast, thank you Red :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 21, 2017, 07:03:28 PM
My bannis are going to be over run with egg goodies :)
I'm just thrilled you were able to help so fast, thank you Red :)

NP, it happended i had to open that mod to make changes :) in same time the idea has been given ^^

MarkJerue

You know you're playing Banished right when you look at a home's inventory and go "Damn, they have more food in their house than I have in my fridge right now"!

More ideas...

1. Egg Curry, Indian (Egg + Tomato + a spice... onion? Pepper?)

2. Stuffed Egg, Indian (Egg + Cheese + Flour + Nut + Pepper)

3. Potato Pancakes, German (Egg + Potato + Onion)

4. Marble Egg, Chinese (Egg + Tea Leaves) (we have tea in a Banished mod, right? derp moment here....)

5. Egg Roll, "Chinese" (Egg + Flour + Cabbage/Lettuce + Carrot)

6. Egg McMuffin, American (Egg + Bread + Pork + Cheese)

WARNING: THE NEXT ONES ARE DESSERTS. YOU WILL BECOME HUNGRY!

7. Banana/Chocolate Pudding, ??? (Egg + Milk + Cream + Banana/Chocolate)

8. Soufflé, French (Egg + Sugar [Refined] + Cream) (could use berries/cheese for flavour)

9. Flan, Spanish (Egg + Milk)

10. Creme Brulee, French (Egg + Milk + Cream)

11. Egg Nog, English (Egg + Milk + Cream + Liquor)

RedKetchup

lol soon we will need to make a McDonald... a RedLobster... an A&W .... A chinese restaurant... a mexican restaurant with tacos... a casher restaurant....
cuisine française...

;D