News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla- Hobsonvick; misson impossible?

Started by Nilla, September 09, 2016, 02:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

This is the beer for really tough guys. ;D

Only a false string in your SE mod. It needs wheat.

Nilla

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 17, 2016, 05:20:22 AM

Only a false string in your SE mod. It needs wheat.

Believe it or not, I did understand that! ;)

Nilla

@Tom Sawyer, I'm so sorry! But your warehouse really doesn't work well.   :( I spent a lot of time looking. Believe mami this time! ;)  :-\

At first everything worked fine. Some coal from the close charcoaler, logs, firewood, some textiles and as a vendor crossed the forest to get 50 iron; I was really happy. Unfortunately things changed. Steel came into the picture and more close coal. I never more saw a vendor close to the iron barn. I put 5 vendors into the warehouse and watched what they were doing.

Most of the time they do laborers work. Second most, they clear things, that other people put in the warehouse, often tools. Occasionally they get a few wool or reindeerfurs, some firewood or logs and seldom a little coal. Never iron. They spend a lot of time carrying away tools, that other people put in the warehouse (and not always to the closest barn) but I never saw anyone carrying away steel, even later as I had more than 400 of it in the warehouse.

I guess that the game can't keep iron, coal and steel apart. If the sum of these products is more than 200, nothing more will be transported in from vendors. It works as long as you have very little of each. Also if it's produced close, it could work, because laborers do the work. But than a barn would work as well. I think, this inability to keep these materials apart, also is the reason, that the vendors don't transport any steel away.

What could be done, to make it work better? As it is now I wouldn't build a warehouse again.

Here are a couple of small suggestions, if it's not possible to prevent people from using the warhouse as barn; You'll probably find something better, you're a resourceful man.

Take away the tools. The vendors spend a lot of time carrying them away. There will be some in a close barn.

Separate, metals and textiles. Use this one for metals and make a separate warehouse for textiles, maybe a little smaller or in red, to distinguish them.

The limits doesn't seems to work, so take them away. If the warhouse is big enough and the place not completely flooded with coal and steel, the vendors will eventually carry some iron there.

I'm sorry to disturb you with this, now as you have your new splendid ideas, but I guess you're planning to make changes anyhow , if you introduce iron ore.

Tom Sawyer

Too bad it does not work properly. It is still the problem of stupid laborers. I don't know how to prevent them to carry something into the warehouse. The vendors are smart enough to carry out what exceeds the limit. This works with tools, not with metals and coal. The limit applies to the flag... But I don't understand why the vendors ignore the iron. 200 steel is fine but why not also 200 iron. It seems the laborers are stupid and the vendors are lazy.

To remove the tools and to store textiles in a separate warehouse are good ideas. But probably it will not solve the problem with metals and coal. And with the new materials it will not get better.

One thing that we found out, it needs barns closer to the production buildings than the warehouse. To offer a better storage location to the laborers. On your image the warehouse is in the center of your industrial area and next to the blacksmiths. This does not work well. Or not better than a barn. Try to locate the warehouse aside from this area in the direction of your mines...

With the village shop or with other food markets we don't have this problem because it is away from the food production. The blacksmith is consumer and producer ... If we remove steel it would work better. But this is not really an option.

Another function to provide a special material such as your iron would be this "distribution barn" in CC. It works like a trading post. You can determine exactly how much of what raw material (not flag) you want to have in this location. Then you have to release it manually (could be a bit annoying). Just as you did it with the trading post and the reindeer furs. Do you want to try something like this?