News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Work in Progress

Started by Abandoned, February 27, 2017, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Great work @Necora & special shout out to @tanypredator for letting Necora work his magic on the code.

I've not had a problem running the mods together, but I have missed out on seeing Necora's goodies on map load - now, I don't have to worry :D What a fab Monday morning :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

@Necora how wonderful, thank you.  Two great mods and now will not have to choose one or the other.  Love the looks of those pine cabins.  :)

Paeng

Quote from: Necora on May 21, 2017, 04:19:12 PMworking on a couple of patches to make the New Flora mod fully compatible with all other mods that use flax

Wonderful!  ;D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Necora

Hello everyone, I have added the Flax Patch and New Pine Flora to the download section... give them a test and tell me that they work!

QueryEverything

Thanks @Necora this is indeed great news :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Necora

I hope you are all enjoying the Pine Set BETA test and finding all the little bugs in there for me to squish! Also, feedback on production rates would be greatly appreciated.

In the mean time, I've now finished updating all of the currently released mods (once Pine Set is out of BETA). I have re-modeled the storage collection and added a dry storage and a tool shed to it. I will be uploading this in the next couple of days.

I have also found a bit of time to work on another set that has been hiding in the wings - the Port Royal set. This is a collection of buildings in the original mod that are designed around a 1700s fort in the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia. It was one of the first Acadian settlements, and had North America's first wheat crop planted near by with a grist mill.

So far we have the blacksmith, tailor, bakery, and grist mill. There are a couple of houses, a lower level and an upper level to make a row house situation. The aim of these buildings is that they will form a fort, so all built facing a central square. I have palisades and cannon platforms too, hopefully I can update these in the near future and release at least a portion of this set before I leave for travelling.

brads3

where are you traveling to? it will be a well earned break.

QueryEverything

I have woefully missed the Fort Royal set, it had lovely little 2x buildings I could tuck away and yet still produce goodies, and it always worked well with the foresting outposts, tucked in amongst the trees.
I know, not very fort-ish, but I'm one for offbook workings, roflmao :)

Anyway, lovely to know we are getting more storage, one can never get enough.  :)

If you need more info on the bugs I found, I'll write up some more later (not more bugs, just more info).
As for numbers, I'll take a look later. 
I made far too many buildings that use flax, so I keep bottoming on that - but, that's just me.  haha.  :D

Thanks for the update @Necora

Karlieb

Quote from: Necora on May 24, 2017, 04:23:32 PM
I have also found a bit of time to work on another set that has been hiding in the wings - the Port Royal set. This is a collection of buildings in the original mod that are designed around a 1700s fort in the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia. It was one of the first Acadian settlements, and had North America's first wheat crop planted near by with a grist mill.

It is sad that you speak of Acadians and I suddenly have a craving for gumbo.

About production numbers; I was drowning in furs, pelts, boughs and resin even before building the forager tents just because of the foresters. I deleted (as in debug deleted) the previous forest before building the foresters too. I'm not sure 'clearing' resources without the dedicated profession should give the full quantity (maybe half the beavers abandoned their lodge when they heard the foresters stomping nearby and the boughs and resin got tossed aside because they didn't look useful, the sap was ruined because the moron put the tap in wrong and it ran down the tree instead of into the bucket etc). But I don't know if half instead of all or none is possible.

Getting enough flax to make linen is kind of difficult which is fine; finding enough randomly growing plants in the wilderness to clothe a village isn't really all that likely.

brads3

wb tester. very good points. did you get apples from the foresters too?maybe you should have the laborers clear a 20x20 patch and show the numbers of what they collect to give NECORA an idea of how overpowering you find things. curious question are you running the NAT DIV mod also? any other mods you have causing effects?very good analysis report. much appreciated.

Necora

@QueryEverything it shan't be long.

@Karlieb yeah I think I'm going to restrict the collection of fur and possibly pelt to trappers only, I have so many I can't even trade them away because they are worth a lot. I agree about not giving the full quantity, but unfortunately there is no way to do this in the code. It is all or nothing!

@brads3 I'm heading out to Dominica for 7 weeks for "work". I'll have internet, and will pop in to the boards, but have a feeling modding isn't going to be at the top of my list ;)

And for another update... A few more Port Royal teasers...

Joining up with the bakery, blacksmith, tailor, and mill we now have some row houses. There are single story, small houses for 4, over handing two story houses for 4 to be build above the small ones, a two story central house (both floors) that takes a family of 5, and 3 versions of a corner house that takes a family of 6. Not set on the housing numbers yet.

I have quite a few things remaining in this set, and am not sure if I will finish them before I leave. But I'll wait on releasing it in case I do manage to get the time to finish some more up.

Abandoned

Another nice looking set  :) Stay safe on your travels @Necora

brads3

work?? when did you stop? you mean this don't count?  did you change the texture wording of the cannons for the port royal mod? you try to enjoy your trip.

ancientmuse

These look absolutely fantabulous, dahling !

Another must-have for my maple syrup guzzling Canadian bannies....

;D

QueryEverything

Getting overjoyed :)  Woohooooo ....
I wanna put my hands up to Beta before you pack up for the 7 weeks :)

Ok ... I understand, no releases until you're ready :D  haha :D

Thanks for the teasers @Necora , looking great.