News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Chunkerview

Started by brads3, April 14, 2019, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 34

With the blackberry orchard replanted,the bannies head back across the river.we took in glass on trade several years back.we will use that to build 3 RK greenhouses. thereis over 1000 fertilizer stored and the beef cattle produce about 75 more a year.of the 9 nomads,2 families will work these.1 family will move to help at the stone quarry.

the dung pile storage has worked well.a quick pile allows the herdsman to place it close by.then the woker comes by once a year and moves it into the storage pile.not only has this worked to stop the fertilizer from being scattered,but it will make it easy to send it back out for the greenhouses. watermelons,tomatoes,and rice will be grown.

the poor bannies are tired they did haul a lot of stone.as fast as they collected it, it was used.now that food production has improved,we do need to make some trade and tailor adjustments next year.leather and furs supplies are getting short.

pic 1: pasture outputs
pic 2: fertilizer storage
pic 3: RK greenhouses
pic 4: well and storage

brads3

YEAR 35

there are 3 educated females between the fort and colonial farms,another 3 in the wharehouse districts. formula says we need 6 houses. i haven't checked the pine village.beeswav needs processed,but we need more honey for any jam shops.

we start clearing 2 cropfields and 3 orchards.a candle shop  is built next to the RK blacksmith.a tailor is added to the colonial village.along the way,5 houses and more barns need built.

while the bannies are busy working,a 2nd vendor will help at the mine farm stand.it is far enough out that he can use the help.our food barns do need emptied more for the farmers.we don't want to pull the food into a large wharehouse and away from the other villages. we do need more  food to the west.a market puzzle food market will supply the west wharehouse and pasture workers.then the 2nd worker will switch from the farmers market to here.

i tried to send the RH tailor to make linen clothes with the flax.he should use TANDY's flax.if i had the flax patch enabed, that would have worked.as it is 2 tailors are set to make leather coats.

radishes,roots,chesnuts,and grapes will be planted next year. the pine village reports they have used up all the maple sap.with more graduates,we need 4 more houses next year.

pic 1:candle shop
pic 2: colonial tailor
pic 3:root and radish fields
pc 4: grape and chesnut orchards
pic 5:puzzle food market for the west workers

brads3

YEAR 36

we head north to the pine village.. a market is built to help keep a varietty of foods. a herbalist will work between the 2 forests. a furrier hut will make clothing from the beaver pelts. a hoospital will add to the town center.while they are here,they clear stone and build the north  bridge.

also want to run an experiment with the grassy roads.players have reported problems off and on with roads. sometimes the builders seem to prioritize roads over buildings. in the past, i have seen the bannies lay roads and forget to clear the trees or rocks. to lay roads especially through the forest,you had to clear the land and then layout the road. going over areas twice is tedious and slower.lately the builders have worked be3tter at clearing while they dig roads. with this nordic climate, the builders are the 1 team that can work late without worry.they don't affect the farmers. they can work to widen roads with clear roads from the grassy roads mod.plus they can use those to clear some lawns around some houses.this is one of the small changes that came with RED's CHOICE mod.with the builders being smart enough to prioritize construction,they can work on roads or lawns whenever they have time.it will help open the forests areas so i can see.

the root field produced over 1800. that is expected,since it is a gathered food item.it won't work as a cheat. the colonists will use it to make rootbeer in the future.

pic 1:north bridge,road being widened
pic 2: PM market and hospital
pic 3: fur tailor

brads3

YEAR 37

trying to organize the meats. the fort is cutting bear steaks.the RK dryer is handling beef.we plan to salt fish,and smoke bison. a GF butcher will make beef sausages.there is over 1500 beef stored.once the beef is caught up the butcher will use venison.

the 8 new arrivals wll head west and dig a multi quarry to help get more stone they also will help as laborers to carry food into that region.to smelt iron for the quarry,a RK foundry will be built 1st.the blacksmith will smelt iron for that.

the colonial village added a gardner to cut trees and collect food. i dont like to run roads between fields,so this will help cut the hedges between them. the farmers use that space to place baskets of produce.

pic 1:wider road with clear roads used beside the road to the bridge,around the church and buildings along that road.

pic 2: a combo forester and gatherer for the colonial village. set to cut the trees

pic 3:GF butcher
pic 4: old smokey

brads3

YEAR 38

according to the formula,we need 4 houses for graduates. a meat processor for pigs is needed.the builders are busy with the foundry and the multi quarry waits for iron.the greenhouses request a 2nd well.with old smokey using firewood,2 ore workers are sent to cut firewood at the sawmills.

charcoal from the pine village was carried down to finish building the RK foundry.by the time the foundry is completed,the laborers have stocked several more construction sites and began to clear 2 more orchards for peaches and pears.

since the farmers market is stocking so many goods,more wharehouse workers were sent. the more goods stored in wharehouses, the less the  market vendors will have to move.this should help get the farm market stocked with more food. children have had to bring food home from the puzzle market by the school.

we traded feathers and copper for 40 iron.we also took on 1000 broccoli,750 oat cookies,and 200 corn. finally, the livestock merchant brought us 3 pigs.     

educated workers moved into all 4 house. the butcher was added to the plantation village.he can cut wild boars and pigs.

pic 1: RK foundry,production area market stocks.
pic 2: 2nd well for the greenhouses. west puzzle market stocks
pic 3: new orchards for pears and peaches.progress of the gardener set to cut trees.
pic 4:old wood butcher for pigs.

brads3

YEAR 39

more students have graduated.we need 3 more houses.inventory shows we are overstocked on flax and linen.we are starting to stockpile excess coal. the small general TP will  stock candles and coal.

the pine village is burning chacoal to heat their houses. even with a wood shopper and a no burn coal mod. whatever the sap boiler does not use each yearthe bannies move to their houses.now that the trees are planted,one of the foresters will work to help colllect the sap.the kiln will make charcoal when the sap is stocked up.for now he continues making pine pitch.

our oldest bannie is 72.the original settlers are in their mid 60's. children often move in to help the elders and to learn from them.this way the students are closer to the schools and the walk is shorter in the winters.it also opens room in houses for new babies.due to that, population will grow even without us building houses every year.

we head west to finish the multi quarry.more greenhouses can be built. that should keep those workers stocked on food. the laborers had time late last year. with it,they moved supplies for more buildings at the colonial village.while there, they gathered rocks from south of the village.this will keep the builders busy in the spring.

the 10 nomads will move west and work the quarry.more rowhouses will add to the production village.1 couple chose to clear another pasture and built a GF farm house.

the Pilgrim's rest and hospital are completed. 2 more greenhouses feed the west towns.a new tailor will make linen for trading.we use pelts,leather,and furs for clothing.

we traded for 2 sheep. the wool can be shipped from the train market barn for coins. that will bring in more potatoes.

pic 1:Plgrims Rest and hospital
pic 2:RK tailor makes linen from the flax
pic 3:extended Kid greenhouses
pc 4: multi quarry.it is not winter. this is mid fall. most years,we wait til almost late spring before the farmers start planting.below freezing from late september to late april.

brads3

YEAR 40 REVIEW

population 340,60 % educated in 85 houses.half are working and about a quarter of the young are in school.over a year supply of food is stored in reserve.we take in about 5,000 food units with our trading.wer took 5 sets of nomads,total of  40 bannies.we have grown by 75 % in 10 years.

we dealt with the regrowth better.the laborers found more time and the builders work to widen roads and clear around the buildings.more combo foresters would help.the food reserves are much better,but a lot has been brought in with trading.

more markets and wharehouse workers are keeping goods moving.needed clothing and tools are moved out to the villages and materials are moved back toward the fort. this has helped keep the trading posts stocked.   the pastures are full plus we added pigs and sheep.syrups,bread,and meats are being processed.the production village works to improve stone and iron.the multi quarry will bring in iron not iron ore.

2 churches were finished. the colonial parish and the small pine church. we also built a school in the pine village.2 hospitals plus a 1st aid tent keep everyone healthy.

flax is being processed. the traders added coal,candles,feathers,and linen to their supplies.we have bough tools and pelt clothing to insure against any shortages.

we have feathers from a CC mod. there was a hiccup glitch with a balckberry orchard.that will need checked again once all the crops are planted.the Pine mod charcoal is working with the RK choice.we have no storage issues. the farmers market and pine markets are storing some extra items. the fertilizer to greenhouse chain is helping keep the west areas supplied with more food.

as we graduate more bannies,less nomads can be accepted. 1 set to start building forests north of the pine village would be helpful.we still need more pastures and a creamery for milk cows.another school will be needed to handle so many children.i would like to start building churches every 2 or 3 years. in the next 10 years,i hope to lay out enough fields and orchards for all the crops.by then, we should be graduating enough for 3-5 houses every year without nomads.

pic 1:stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:food graph
pic 5: limits
pic 6: east overview

Abandoned

Hi @brads3 Your town looks really nice and has grown a lot since I checked last.   :)

RedKetchup

looking good. a bit deserted, but looking good :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

good morning.thank you for the comments. hope you all are enjoying the spring weather.i took the weekend off.

@RedKetchup to keep educayed workers on fields,we sent nomads off starting villages. as they graduate more workers, they will grow and fill in. since i am trying to build all the churches, we will need lots of stone.the 2 RK quarries have max workers. my idea was to make the game move along faster.it has been challenging to keep stone supplied and food.soon thou,the schools will graduate more bannies and we will be very busy.

the colonial town already merges back to the plantation wharehouse village, and that is spreading north closer to the pine.the tree regrowth between the crops and orchards makes it look worse than it is.more of KIDs combo foresters or time to cut trees will help there.if we ever get short on logs,it is handy spots to cut during the winter and keep farmers close by those fields.

brads3

YEAR 40

a group of 12 nomads arrive. 9 adults with 3 children. 2 couples move to the production village. a RH school and chapel were built.they also start making steel tools for the miners.the others head north. a turpentine still will add to the pine village.north of the river,another maple forest will help supply more sap. 

the gardener forester at the plantation village got bored.since he was set to cut only,i didn't expect him to clear flowers. he was sent to start cutting trees south of the fort.the fort piles do need restocked with supplies for the blacksmith and woodcutter.i figured they would only clear flowers as they planted.

pic 1: plantation gardener outputs
pic 2: sheep pasture
pic 3: RH school and chapel
pic 4: RH BS set to steel tools
pic 5: north maple forest.
pic 6 turpentine still

brads3

YEAR 41

graduates expand the plantation village. land is cleared for more orchards.hops,walnuts,and mulberries will be planted the orchards are all completed.they added a fenceless cemetary behind the church and a preservist to make strawberry jam with their honey.

stone production has improved.the main chapel coud be completed for the west wharehouse workers.

pic 1:last of the orchards cleaered
pic 2: workplace jam preservist
pic 3: the main toolbar RK retextured chapel

brads3

YEAR 42

199 adults divide by 2 is 50 houses+1 boardinghouse.with all the nomads housed,we still need 8 houses. i hope to get 5 built this year.2 more workers are sent to help stock the trade posts.

a KID's beekeeper will pollinate the new orchards.with the apple trees it makes for a good filler.there is enough thatch still stored to build an RK apiary for the crops fields.the bannies cut more lumber and built 3 of RED's colonial,country houses.  with 10 builders,hopefully they will find more time to lay out those clear roads or yards.

a twilight healer and herbalist thatch look fit with the plantantion village.a small colonial chapel adds to the list of churches.a fisherman was sent to fish the lake.

rye,spinach,and squash will be planted next year. 6 houses have been completed.

the builders have been busy the last few years i increased them to 10.construction has gone faster.it is inconsistent, but sometimes the builders leave trees and rocks when laying out clear roads.i thought they were behind or i had just missed the tree by the sawmill.that tree is road locked. there are other areas that should have been cleared better by now also.the builders have left rocks and flowers off and on when smoothing the clear roads.the mod shows no conflicts i wonder if it might be the new items or trees that are being  left? i'm not going to worry about a couple shade trees. it does look better. this way is better than the builders prioritizing roads instead of construction.

pic 1: more fields with RK houses
pic 2: beekeeper for the last orchards,should keep the candle shop stocked with wax
pic 3:RK beekeeper
pic 4: small colonial chapel
pic 5:twilight herbs and hospital
pic 6: a road locked tree.was left by the builders when they ran  clear road lawns around the mill

brads3

YEAR 43

the colonial village needs a blacksmith for tools.another gardener to cut the hedges between the fields will help.an herb garden supplies the hospital.

a sandpit and glass maker will work near the west wharehouses.this will make glass for more churches.

all the trade horses died.there was 1 left at the trading post that we tried to nurse back to health.he shows in inventory but never returned to the pasture.not sure why the pastured horses died.i don't think we traded too many away.that mod will be adjusted for next time. we did take 3 more in trade.

a wet cold summer means less food is produced.3 more fields will be planted next year.5 houses were finished.

pic 1: colonial village looking south from the lake
pic 2: colonial blacksmith
pic 3:granny park by the school
pic 4:an EB house and field south of fort
pic 5: sand pt and glass maker

brads3

YEAR 44

tomatoes,sugar beets,and strawberries will be planted this year.with all the houses we built,the stats say we need 4 more.

we will build an RK wood chapel near the north fields.we send 2 more workers to the multi quarry. another field is cleared south of the fort.an RK creamery will be built to make cheese.the bannies function well at 20 laborers and 10 builders.

with the temperature above 70, crop production shows a nice improvement. it didn't last long enough. snow came early in the fall. we even had over 350 chesnuts. we need more of these 70 degree summers.

the colonial doctor reports 2 deaths. both from child birth.

4 more crops need planted. a ton of churches still need to be built.between now and then, i do need to send the bannies to cut this regrowth. eac year they have done a little clearing but not even noticable yet.

pic 1:little wood chapel
pic 2: 2nd EB house
pic 3: RK creamery