News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Dear Modders

Started by JD, September 27, 2014, 12:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

First I would like to say that I am just loving these mods, this is absolutely making the game way more fun!

But with all respect, I would like to make a suggestion and/or request please...

They are coming so fast and being updated constantly that it is a bit confusing on how to keep up...

Should we be playing with these on new villages only to test and see if they're going to crash? 
Or is it okay if a person wants to build a large growing village and use the mods?

Am I being stupid for slowly adding them into a very nicely running village and hoping that I don't lose the save? Because this has already happened to me once, I started all over and am being very careful to load a mod, use it for about 15 minutes, save the game, exit Steam, go back in and hope I can load the same game.

I just would like to know some basic things, like, when you update your mod 2 days after I started using it, should I overwrite the mod file or should I delete it and use the new one, or can I even still use it if it was updated?

Could you maybe list "dependencies" like in Sim City (the old, good Sim City).  For example the market crash bug, could you maybe tell us that we need to load the market fix (or whatever the name of the mod is that we need) first and should it be at the top of mod list in the menu?

I understand that there will be bugs and I understand that this is coming very fast and you guys are doing a fantastic job, but I'm wondering how long to wait to download a lot of the mods because they seem to keep getting updated every few days (hours even) and as excited as I am to be using them, it's such a bummer when you spend countless hours playing and then lose a game.

I guess I'm asking, could there be a little more organization (and information attached) to the mods?

Thank you to all of you for what you're doing for this game. It is going to be a fantastic game by the time you're through (if you ever are)  :)

RedKetchup

if a mod is in BETA or WiP (work in progress) just check with a new game to test it a bit, but wait they are completed for your big towns.

i always recomended this : never use an update on a save you used an early version. only use the update when you start a new town. Always keep a save of your old version and a copy of your saved game (if you apply it to an old save)

never be enough careful.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

@JD , nice post and good questions/suggestions!  I know the modders have been discussing how to make sure they name things well and keep up with mod progress so your input should be helpful in understanding what info they need to provide and how to improve the mod process.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics