News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Adding MODs to the RK CHOICE

Started by brads3, April 18, 2019, 02:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

@donwolfkonecny  had some issues with compiing his mod order with the RK.instead of cluttering up RED's mod thread,i want to start a new thread.

i also want to do more tests wth the pine mods.

donwolfkonecny

Yes. Now I was getting many crashes. I disabled Pine and the crashes stopped.

I want to use traps please! when you are satisfied, please share the 1.04! I'd like as much diversity and stuff!
But because of the clutter and limited lines of text in the barns, I'd rather the "lite" versions, unless something can actually be processed differently. It's cute to have rasperrys AND strawberries, but then I can't see how many wool coats are in the barn etc

brads3

do you get those crashes adding the pine mod to a running game? the 1.04 is an earier version not a ite mod. you can add NECORA's flora patch above the RK.  that will give traps and wild bees. you woudn't be able to process the pelts without the pine mod's fur tailor. 

donwolfkonecny

I got the crashes after starting a new game, with Pine below RK. If I have it above RK then the charcoal glitches. I'd like the other stuff on the map but as you say, then I can't process it.

Okay I added InedibleMeat and Flour and Corn so that it would be saved for processing. Perhaps these are cheats. But, the glitch is that now the market worker gets stuck picking them from warehouse but can't drop in market. Is there a way to get around that? I'm not sure whether InedibleMeat should safely go to the market but not get picked up by citizens, or whether it makes more sense for it to not get picked up (can vendor NOT pickup Inedible food). I'd be fine either way but the glitch way doesn't work so well lol

Kristahfer

If I am not mistaken @RedKetchup created a mod RKECTownHall that will allow having Necora's Pine Set placed above RKEditor. Sorry I could not find the download to link to it.

brads3

no,that mod fixes a glitch with the townhalls. without it some townhalls would crash the game when clicked on before they were totally built.once the TH's were completed they did not crash the game and were useable.

brads3

DISCLAIMER,RISKS, GUIDE RULES

we can ony do what the game and the modders allow us to. LUKE gave some coding to modders to use and  play with.he kept part of the coding hidden as well.somethings can happen good and bad that are beyond anyone's control and without explanations.we have modders here that continue to add to the game. there are many others who have come and gone. they added mods that are still used years later. they also helped unlock mysteries and coding that changed how mods are created. there have been so many big changes within the last 2 years that i wonder what another year will bring.

the general mod order rules still apply. put start mods that affect game play and the maps to the top. these include food requirement mods,safety,rain or coal mods,age mods,livestock mods,etc. put all other mods below. i group these by modder.this may not be mandatory, however it does make it easier to find conflicts and solve issues. following this rule can solve most issues itself.

due to how the game loads mods,we can not add every mod to a map start.some mods will override and block another from loading. example- loading the nat div above will block the RK wild animals.

RESULTS may vary. all players use different mods. there is no way to test every combination. since we can not see inside the mods,there may be affects to the game that we are unaware of. many of these are not even considered when combining mods.example- mod B changes the work output of mod A but will not work below mod A. these are accepted risks.max production and efficiency is thrown to the wind.

3 WAY CONFLICTS. these started to happen with the 1.07 upgrade. they are the hardest issues to find. mod A+mod B works,mod B+mod C works,mod A+mod C works,however A+B+C fails. you can spend hours testing and retesting and throwing your arms into the air. never saw this occur before the 1.07 upgrade. even weirder they may work until 1 of them is upgraded to a newer version. this does not happen often but it is an ugly monster.

"GIVE AND TAKE" rule. we are all different and have different ideas or wants.what works for 1 this way,another might want it that way. sometimes,the game will load part of a mod but not all of it. it skips code that was written by a mod above it. putting 1 mod above the other gives different results.sometimes half the mod will load,sometimes the mod might not even work. what we want to happen and what the game or mod lets happen can be different.you might gain 1 point and lose another.you have to weigh out what option is better for you.

by going to mods in game and then clicking the minimize icon in the right corner of the mod,you can see the code lines that are conflicted.these lines can be used as a guide when adjusting mod orders.example-the seasonFX mod .i use it to get a plowed look to crop fields.only 1 line in the coding needs to load. other start mods can override the rest of the code lines. note: most new mods<since the 1.07 upgrade> carry a bunch of code lines for the community icon button.skip below these lines and ignore them. this is a tool that can help.

brads3

TO ALL PLAYERS.

a BIG thank you to those who test new mods. adding multiple mods at once has its own risks. many times small issues are overlooked by us. the more issues that are found when new mods come out ,the easier it is for this.we are grateful for each issue you find. you are important and appreciated.

as others use different mods ,please add to this. if you disagree or found a better way,please mention it.together we might save new or pther players some frustrations. or give them different ideas.

brads3

collectable items vanilla game-herbs,berries,onion,roots,mushroom,logs,iron,stone,hunt-deer,fish 
from this to now is a completey different world.

RK base items added to vanilla

iron ore<replaces iron>,logs,stone,copper ore,gold ore,silver ore, fodder-thatch,flax,cotton,flowers,nests<collect eggs>seedlings,oat,  strawberry,raspberry,backberry,blueberry,cranberry,mulberry,deadwood<firewood>,
  hunt-bison,bear,boar,elk, ducks,pheasant,geese
note some of these spawn from the grasses

more livestock added to pastures,some of these give fertilizer.
forester options that will spawn various fruits and nuts,

This mod combines many of RED's mods plus parts of the nat div and  pine mods. the blacksmith has the backsmith tool options included with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i will list some of my mods that affect the RK and how.not going to list every mod that i use. these are added above the RK CHOICE. these are options.

forget about orchards-this mod does not affect all orchards. this mod helps orchards produce sooner and does away with them having to be pruned and replanted<originally,orchards needed this down time every few years or production would drop off.this may have been modded out> it is a very small mod, 11KB, so it can stay.

RKEC townhall patch-this fixes issues where TH's were causing crash when clicked on before construction was completed.

KID's Forest Outpost nat div. this adds thatch requirement to the building requirements. without this mod, thatch has to be bundled for houses to burn it.

New Pine Flora patch by TANDY and NECORA. adds both the items from the pine and new flora mods to the map WITHOUT affecting RED's items. wild oats,rose hips,wild bees<wild honey>,flax,traps<fur,pelt,game>,fiddleheads,chanterellas,
   TOTAL over 5 items added to map
NOTE pine mod not required for these to spawn or be collected.Necora coded this so the laborers can collect these items
<<i do plan to test more of this. actually ran into this on accident recently.>>

RED's livestock mods you can add these above the RK if you do not want fertilizer from the pastures.a nice option REd gave us.

MY PRECIOUS- a 1.06 mod. since it is older ,it needs to be above the RK to function. this mod does set the precious ores and items to the textile flag. if a 1.06 mod brings items that are in the RK,it needs to be above it. such as the gold ore. if the mod adds new items that are not already in the RK,it can go below the RK. such as a pre 1.07 CC version mod.a 1.06 storage or food mod can go beow the RK since it does not add new items.they wil function as they did before.
NOTE: these precious items are different and can not be used in building construction.you will need to produce those items via a RK foundry.

Maritimes Crystal Cliffs-this mod adds domestic animals. it also affects the oats.if you do not use this mod but do use the CC stable barn,i would move the CC stable above the RK.

KID Gothic Farm-affects honey so it can be used by the jam shop.

KID Westward HO wagons-this mod alters the bison texture so they look more wild.does not change the pasture bison.all other wild animals do and will load via the RK.
NOTE: this is 1 of the "give and takes". does this mod alter the herd sizes or numbers of animals on the map?  up for debate.

those are all above the RK CHOICE

donwolfkonecny

1) Thanks for all the information!
2) Where is "my precious". I find Precious Mine, but I don't think that's the same.
3) Where is "New Pine Flora Patch"  you keep mentioning? I have New Flora, and New Pine, but no Pine Patch.
4) In my current game, the gatherer is picking up Oats but not Picking up Flax. Do you know why that might be? Is it the Flax Patch? I thought that was supposed to fix everything???
Here is my current mods which results in flax not being gathered
EDIT It appears the foresters, NOT gatherers are gathering flax. They aren't  doing a good job of it because there's still a lot out there. Unless it's actually a laborer who collected some flax manually then because forester and that's counting toward the forestry, I'll try to watch that.

brads3

flax is very touchy. no mod fixes all of them to be universal. i believe the RK is set up so the herbalist gather the flax. foresters will as they plant trees. thiws is really a trial and error item. you will have to test a few options to see what works wor you. there are many moods that will add it including as a seed or crop.

i should mention that not all gatherers are the same either.nor do all foresters plant the same trees. in this way ,the game is like reality. 1 set of forests is different than another and so is the wildlife living in it.

donwolfkonecny

what do you mean "gatherers are not the same"?
forests, isn't it just random trees planted, depending which forester building you picked?

brads3

each forester is coded differently depending on the modder.a pine mod forester plants those trees.  most KID forester will plant vanilla trees and the gatherers will collect vanilla and flora items.an RK does RED's forests and will collect RK items. there is some overlays with necora's patch. the clear food tool is loading via the RK and will not collect all foods available either.

the gathering system has been developed over time. it consist of mods by several modders.some are no longer modding.it is very diverse but well-balanced.the outputs are decent even with the flaws.

depending on the mods a player uses results do vary. there are notes buried on the internet that state different trees give different foods. birch and oak trees give more chance of fruit. i could not find that info the other day when i searched.

donwolfkonecny

too bad it can't be like "collect anything with food flag" and then if you make a new food tomorrow, as long as you flag it food it will be collected