News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Adding MODs to the RK CHOICE

Started by brads3, April 18, 2019, 02:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

just to give an idea of how far it has come. 2 years ago ,we did not have the community icon button nor the new flag limits.since then we have many wild animals instead of just deer. RED with help,has gave us more livestock than CC had. when the community icon code was cracked, ALL the modders that were still with us remodded almost every individual mod they had made before to fit under it and work with the flags. that was a ton of work done.   not counting how many new mods were made during those 2 yrs. plus we have the mod manager which is a huge time saver itself.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

a couple pics.

pic 1: the RK blacksmith does not need the tool mods. it makes a variety of tools already. since it makes iron from iron ore,the tool mods need to go below the RK.this is a change to how most start mods are in mod order.move tool mods below the RK but above other blacksmith's such as the mini buiding mod.

pic 2: to the right are lvestock bison<RED's> to the left are wild bison<KID's>. note all other wid animals do load from the RK.

brads3

i started tests using the Debug on the pine 1.04 and RK. using Necora's new flora patch above the RK and the pine 1.04 below the RK.

the pine and flora items are added to the map and RED's items.the balance is super. Necora coded these so the laborers would collect the items. whereas before they would destroy traps,hives,etc and collect nothing.not all items are collected using pick up or clear tools. are these items being collected by the gatherers and not showing in the menu? this is debateable. i did see some inventory #'s go up but did not find where they were collected from. as trees are being planted the foresters, will clear a variety of items as well.

the game did not crash planting maple or pine trees.this is an older version of the pine mod.most of the differences between the 2 versions is obsoleted by the mod order. the items are spawning from the new flora patch.

the main gathering hut cluster has the maple forester and a cache to collect the sap. this cachr was just added. note there is more sap in the inventory than the cache harvested. that sap does not show in the main gatherer's menu.

the harvester cache is with the pine forester to the east. that forest is just started planting.the vanilla gathering cache is to the west with no forester. note the pine foresters are showing seedlings being collected.

NOTE: this climate is per the nordic landscpae mod it is a nordic fair. this with the lack of eduaction will affect output totals.   the nordic landscape mod does alter the stone textures.the deer are reindeer. the nordic landscpae mod is below the RK.

donwolfkonecny

using the New Pine Flora I see a bunch of stuff appearing on the map. I may not keep this mod because I cannot collect any of them. Though I do have Pelts for some reason. But I can't do anything with them so, again, uninteresting to me.

I'm having a weird thing happen where my Tailorshop has linen and leather, and i set it to make coats but after a little while the tailor stops working and collects resources. the amount of textile is set high. If I fire the tailor and rehire, they will go back to working, so it's not impossible for them to work, they just don't want to. They don't idle, they labor. I was wondering whether anyone knew why this might happen.

I wanted to try to make a new experience with different rules by modding, so I looked for info on how to mod. I only find the ShiningRock info for 1.04 and I wonder whether that is still the best info.

In particular I'd like to work with happiness, since Tom seems to be the only person doing so. We can't do much with rules of Banished, but happiness is one of the few things which we could use to change the rules of the game (instead of just skins), and I can't believe it's nearly ignored AFAIK. I'd play North but I like RKs animals, and LCH, and milk and greenhouse etc, and I don't always like winter. I like flowers. Maybe I'll try using both mods. But I'd like to change the happiness. For example to me that seems silly to make "access to market" a perk because its good for houses to have access to market ALREADY for them to be healthy. If anything, access to market should count negative (maybe because of the noise and crime???) since it's more challenging to have a healthy house NOT in range of market. Maybe change that to like Recreation or something like that and have to have ferris wheels, or leisure boats, or maybe when the houses are too dense that is negative.

I also notice in Toms land, the trade may have multiples of the same seed. Which seems curiously useless. And also late game the traders will bring seeds I already have, which is also useless. Which got me thinking. IRL most farmers don't have unlimited seeds they have to buy them each year (at least my family did). So what I'd like is each year all seeds die out. But you can buy and store multiple. One seed any size plot. So I would buy 3 potatoes at once, and plant one and save the others in case they don't come again for a while.
Maybe same with orchards, can't auto replace trees but can reseed, even partially although that would take one seed. Seeds would cost less. Maybe this would somehow involve RKs seedlings, not sure.

Same thing with livestock. The game becomes stupid after a while because traders are bringing me livestock I already have. So maybe livestock get hit by disease a lot more often and die out. Or maybe wolves come and eat the livestock wiping them out. Or prison breaks where they escape. Some reason that I need to buy livestock now and then.

RedKetchup

conton and flax also are textile on your textile limit
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

the RK adds 17 items plus the wild animals to the maps
the pine flora patch adds 5                         
    total of 26 collectable items appear on the maps.not counting the items produced by the different foresters or other buidings

Can a gatherer be made to collect all the many food items?

you still would have ores and stone,logs and firewood,texties,herbs,traps,flowers,and grass. a modder woud have to add al the many items to a gatherer when coding it. the menu would need to be enlarged.it woud be a huge window.my understanding is that even thou the items don't show in the buiding menu,they can be collected.it doesnt show in the gatherer menu but does total to the main inventory. so it wouldnt be a reasonable request. everyone uses different mods so would have different items. all the items would then add to the main inventory and the trade merchant boats.as you increase the total items on a map,the odds of the merchants bringing seeds or items you want and need goes down. it becomes harder to get things you want.

i can't say enough about RED's balance to this system. 1 of the concerns back when the pine mod was being developed was the odds of spawning more items. at what point does the map become too saturated and less is spawning? without going into the actual formula, with 20+ items,the odds of spawning or collecting each goes down. say you want blueberry. you have a 1 of 20 chance< not counting the ores and wood> of that item appearing. bout  a quarter as a vanilla map. you get more items but less of each as you add more to the item list. there isn't an over production of any item. that is not an easy task to accomplish.

brads3

i ran the 1.04 test farther. the pine trees have grown and are producing pine resin and boughs.no crash. the charcoal is working for the sap boiler.we can assume charcoal from the pine kiln would work with the RK. i am only showing 1 flax to the inventory. i did not test all the tailors, but would think it is universal except for KID's workplace tailor.

pic 1: outputs
pic 2: storage, the antique SLINK's market is storing minerals and textiles.this old 1.06 mod market works well with the new flag limits.it doesn't store everything but will keep the bannies supplied..the pine storage is quite versatile. some of the pine  items will store as raw material so you do need the general pile.

donwolfkonecny

I think you don't need to talk anymore about the pine, or about the maketplace patch, because noone can get them anywhere so whether they work or don't work, there's no point in talking about them since nobody can get them

brads3

the pine mod 1.05 below the RK with the new flora patch IS NOT CRASHING. i tried today,it is working. even the pine and maple foresters planting  has not crashed the game. again with the new flora patch loading above the RK and the pine mod 1.05 at the bottom of the order. i was quite surprised that it didn't crash in 30 seconds.

Kristahfer

@brads3 I have included a picture of my load which I have been using for awhile with out a crash. I have not found any issues loading in this manner.

brads3

pine mod loaded 1.05. based on what i see and what Kristahfer says,with the new flora patch the pine works. i didn't try it above the RK with the patch. using the pine without the new flora patch is known to crash.

@Kristahfer ,i take it you are still getting all the RK items on the maps?

pic 1  mod pine 1.05
pic 2 some putputs,tooko a while to get enough trees planted and growing to collect sap.

donwolfkonecny

Can you process those goods into something useful or valuable?
Why does Chantrelle and Flax appear twice?

Kristahfer

@brads3 yes to the best of my knowledge the RK stuff does appear as well.

brads3

twice? those are harvests for 2 different years. pine items can be processed. there are a variety of workshops with the pine mod. maple sap makes syrup.apples make cider.combined they make maple whiskey. the furrier hut makes clothing from pelts and furs.furs can also be used by RK or KID tailors. game,chanterellas, and fiddleheads are foods.KID has several mods to use the new flora items.pine items combiined makes turpentine. there are also pine bough tools.