News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Always Crashing/ CC Beta Fix- Please Help!

Started by child_of_air, June 10, 2019, 03:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

child_of_air

I finally had my first crash, but I don't know why. I noticed that Kid's Settler's Mod puts in fur, but they are showing up unlabeled at the traders. How can I fix that? Should I put in higher in the load order?
The crash happened very suddenly, but again when the trader showed up. I was using mostly kid's Gothic Fantasy and Settlers sets. I'm super frustrated, and I even tried opening up the crash dump file with notepad to read it, but it was mostly code I didn't understand. This is driving me crazy and I don't know what to do!

brads3

does the trade boat make it all the way to the trade port before the crash? how far before the crash is you save point? if the boats make it to the TP,i wonder if someting else is heppening at the same time causing the crash. i would look around to verious workers to see what they are doing. you can try to move the Settler mod higher but not sure it will solve the crash. when you ran the debug test and found the blank tags,did you have any other fur in the inventory or TP?

did you place a campfire of any kind on the map?

kid1293

Hi. Late to the discussion.
I have tested some but I do not load that many mods.
Settlers itself and a few more mods seem to work without disturbance.
I get no missing fur description or fur icon. I have checked the code and, honestly,
I do not know what to look for. This far it is okay.

It sounds like something is bothering the trader. When he has got a special item
and docks, the game crashes. I have checked flags and new limits on this side
and I can not see anything wrong.

I have no experience from load order. I activate only a few mods each playthrough.

Abandoned

@child_of_air   You say you are using mostly Kid's mods.  What mods that are not Kid's are you using?  Whose trading post are you using?  I am sure that is where your problems are.

I have used all of Kid's mods in many combinations with no problems, often with other mod included.  I do not change load order.  I have four groups and each are in alphabetical order.  I enable select mods carefully from each group and have had no problems.

child_of_air

Abandoned, Scroll up for my mod list, it's there. I did take out a few of DS mods, but aside from that it's almost entirely the same. I did also move up the Settlers mod.

When this happened, I was using the tiny trader from Tiny Things- another one of Kid's mods.  The crash happened as soon as I got the notification that the trader was there. My save is pretty far ahead of that event, unfortunately.

Abandoned

@child_of_air  I had no problem using Settlers and I used it with Tiny, Old Town, and several other mods of Kid's - see blog of Cottage Grove mod list.  I have used Tiny trader many times with no problems.

DS jetty I believe has trading post, I don't know if that may be causing trading post problem.  I do not use the latest version.  I do not know what dairy milk and creamery is but that might conflict with Kid's animal sheds that are in Tiny and Old Town, but should not affect trading post.  New Flora is an old mod, there were problems with flax and other mods - DS ?

I would suggest what brad3 suggested - narrow down and test groups of mods.  Use small map and enable only Kids mods.  Do the same with DS.  Enable auto save. I do not use debug. 

Good luck, I hope you can solve crashing problems.

child_of_air

Yeah, I took out the DS Jetty because I was having issues with it. I did notice that using the Pirates and Ports, when I went to build the trader that comes with that, they started building it at a different location. I'm attaching a picture for reference, I thought it was pretty strange. If you could post your load order, that would be great. I keep trying to take out a little here and a little there, and rearranging the load order.

Are you sure about New Flora? Do you recommend taking it out? I really like that mod.

kid1293

Hi.

I checked the trader and sure, you are right about the model. The wooden one is off 20 tiles
when you start building it. I will post a fix. That should not cause a crash, it is only a visual error.

I will continue through the trader code and check it.

Abandoned

@kid1293   We had that problem when making mod and testing. I thought we corrected it.  It wouldn't cause crashes though, I had no trading problems or crash with mod enabled or trading post built.

@child_of_air  I have 290 mods , I have load order listed at the start of each story.  I have 4 groups and each group is alphabetical except for a few exceptions in each.

Yes, New Flora has been a problem with several mods and there is a patch somewhere.  Problem is not with Kid's mods.  I use New Flora Edit mod.  I would not use New Flora with mods others than Kid's.

New Flora Edit was released in blog story Aspenglow #35

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2725.msg55904#msg55904

kid1293

@child_of_air
I don't swear it is not any of my mods causing problem.
You people have found many, many errors I didn't think existed.
It is a never-ending project.

What I do know is that traders sometimes can come with wares that are coded wrong.
The crash comes just when the boat is landing. It does not happen all the time, only
when the game has that particular ware on board. Very hard to find.

I have checked through Tiny trader code too. I can't find any errors.

Do as @brads3 and @Abandoned say. Eliminate groups of mods to narrow down
where the culprit is. It is tedious and in a perfect world, it should not be needed.

child_of_air

Thank you guys for your help. Yes Kid, I think that is what is happening for me. Something is making it crash, but I don't know what exactly. I'm going to try and narrow it down. I hope it's nothing with Gothic Fantasy, as that is my favorite mod of yours and one I always play with!

Abandoned, thanks for the link, I will look at your load order lists carefully.

Abandoned

@child_of_air  My first group of mods - Map Changing & Starting Mods include climates, terrains, trees, roads, and start conditions.  The 2nd group is tweaks - that improve or increase things   The Major and must Have group consists of mods that for the most part are complete in themselves - that have Town Hall and production.  Also included are addons and mods that belong together with the major mod. some have their own start conditions or terrains - I do not you them together and do not use many at one time.  The last group is everything else most of which can be used with just about anything - carrots, sunflowers, deco, storage, houses.  Here again I am very selective and do not use more than I need or plan to use on a map.

I hope that helps.   :)

brads3

as KID said it can be a tedius process of elimination to figure out which mod is causing the issue.uit can take weeks to narrow down.sometimes going back to the last save point helps.since the trade boats and items are random,the game might not crash the next play thru.  on every crash,has it happened at the same point? does it happen always when a boat is dockiing at the TP?

what is the mod order you are currently using? did you debug a TH onto the map and check the full inventory? double tags or blanks? do you have a mod that has not been updated to 1.07?? in other words somehow you downloaded an older version.

child_of_air

No, I don't have any older versions of things that I know of. Yes, it typically is linked to trader and happens when the trader docks. I'm still pairing down my mod list, so I'll let you know what makes the cut as I've narrowed things down significantly.

child_of_air

Still having issues with the fur from Settlers not show up, no matter where I put it. Right now it's above everything to see if the furs will get the appropriate tag. :/

So here is my current Mod List, as you can see I've taken a lot out:

RK Vanilla TP for 107
New Flora Edit
Kid- Tree Replacer
EB Orchard 20 years Override
Season FX
UI Improvements for Banished
Debug Menu
Months
DS Terrains and Climates
One Year is One Year- Alternative
Jinxie Override 1v3