News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Dairy Milk ressource - RedKetchup

Started by RedKetchup, September 01, 2014, 11:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hello guys.

A ressource i always loved to get, also alot of people did,  Milk is an awesome ressource added in this game. It drops from the Cattle pastures.
Build a pasture, buy some cattles, and your cattles will start to produce milk. It acts like the eggs - chickens or the wool - sheep, but it drop more frenquently. The estimated quantities are around 80 milk units per cattle per year. a 20x20 pasture with 20 Cattles  will give every year around 1600 milk units, a 10x20 with 10 Cattles will give around 800 milk units per year.

the milk unit worth 2 trade value when you want to trade it to merchants, or you want to buy some. Later we will start to see more Mods and maybe we will be lucky and we will have bread, cheese, and cherry pie ! it will become a very valuable ressource :)

This MOD continue to make drop Beef and Leather resources when they get slaughtered !

If you want to try it / play with it as i will do, download DairyMilk.zip and unzip it in your \SteamApps\common\Banished\WinData directory (or \Banished\WinData directory if you dont have Steam)

Once you unzipped it into your Banished\WinData directory and launched the game, click on the Mods button and the Mods window will appear, you need to 'ENABLE' your new mod :) and click 'OK'

I hope getting feedback from people :)

Magic Link will appear once you are logged ON on the forum !!
If you want to download it .... you need to register on our forum ! Once you have done that, the link will appear just below this green arrow :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

ivorymalinov

Bit of an idiot question... but... Cattle no longer produce meat with this mod?

Nilla

Gordon Dry

Quote from: ivorymalinov on September 02, 2014, 01:12:57 AM
Bit of an idiot question... but... Cattle no longer produce meat with this mod?

Tested it, seems like that, milk replaces beef.

In future there should be a difference between cows and cattle pastures, milk and beef.

rkelly17

Far be it from me to suggest work for other people . . . .

But, what would be really nice would be, rather than replace beef with milk, to introduce a new animal: milk cows. Graphics would be a bit different so that instead of looking like the current beef cattle they look like dairy cattle and produce milk instead of beef.

Then, of course, we are talking a cheesemaker, eh?

RedKetchup

hello everyone sorry not answered sooner... i was sleeping since yesterday IMO

about your question: YES , they still do. beef was only dropping beef only when they were slaughtered, and they still do, you ll see it. they drop milk every time during the year, and one day , when they get slaughtered, butchered , they still drop their part of beef and leather. :) like before. it s 2 different events thats happening.

same as sheep drop wool during the year and mutton when they die. same as chicken, eggs during the year and chicken meat when they die.

irrelevant

Same amount of beef, same amount of leather, just with milk added?

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

if i would wanted, i could asked to not drop beef anymore, but i didnt.

1.: if they dont drop beef anymore, then beef disappear from the game. and whats about the leather ? less leather in the game. <= BAD

2. start a new animal ? look same as cattle, but named cow ? and adds some 'tits' beneath it ? lol maybe i could have done. but cattle female dont give milk ? wth ! every animal on earth give milk, even human lol. but i dunno, looking at graphic cattle has, for me they are cows, female cows, and male cows are castred bulls without hormone so they ages slower
so whats the difference with cattle, bull , cows ? i dunno. but my English isnt my primary language^^

3. alot of people already dont use cattle anymore, only sheep. sheep all the way through without having cattle nor chicken. i was hoping by giving them milk, make them a bit more attractive, restoring the balance. so people use half sheep / half cattle. we will see later about chickens when we will need eggs to make cherry pie ^^

RedKetchup

so.... someone made another mod doing kinda same thing as mine on banishedforum saying mine is bad !!!! mine doesnt drop beef anymore !!!!!

FALSE !!!!!

mine still drop Beef and Leather when the animal get slaughtered.

this is a copy paste of my code: LivestockCow.rsc

AnimalDescription animal
{
   ComponentDescription _rawMaterial
   [
      "Template/RawMaterialBeef.rsc"
      "Template/RawMaterialLeather.rsc"
   ]

int _roamSize = 5;
   int _requiredArea = 20;

float _maxAge = 6.0;
   float _maxAgeTolerance = 1.0;
   float _ageForOffspring = 0.8;
   float _offspringTerm = 0.6;
   float _offsprintTermTolerance = 0.20;
}

RedKetchup

there is a sreenshot : as you can see , when the cattle get slaughtered and they still drop Beef and leather :

so @Gordon Dry you tested it ??? ? yeah right. and you made a false statement ??? ? yeah right too.

RedKetchup

so i ve checked this other milk addon... ROFL

very crude white icons, when milk drop an Ale barrel drop (LOL), 10 units of milk dropping every 3 months (LOL) which has been 'eat' entirely by 1 Citizen in 3 sec (at 10x), the Citizen ate the 10 milk units in 1 shot and it totally made his day ^^ good luck to get some reserves to make bread with it.

Llogeyr

Works like a charm Red. Thanks for the mod.

Horser01

THANK YOU!!! XD I've been waiting for this! Now for the production lines for cheese and all those other goodies... :D

The only thing I'm not sure about is it being dropped more than eggs... They both come daily (in real life), but then, you also get a lot more milk than eggs at a time, so I guess it evens out. Either way, I'm not complaining. Just commenting. Thanks again!

Alycya

Works brilliantly for me too, thanks Red  :D