Brainstorming RedKetchup, mathieuso, GimmeCat, rageingnonsense

Started by assobanana76, September 24, 2014, 02:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

I will publish this thread on worldofbanished, banishedmods and forum shiningrocksoftware because even on the forums used you are divided !!
ok .. very simple! you are doing the same job !!
we have two mod beautification and three mod for water!
we have four fountains about two modders, a collector of water and a water tower!
would not be easier to make a mod only ??
the collector of water takes water from the four fountains and leads to the water towers!
it would be better to unify the mod embellishment adding hedges and walls?
do a video conference !!

here your work:
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=470.0
http://shiningrocksoftware.com/forum/discussion/4262/the-fountain-mod
http://banishedmods.com/showthread.php?tid=219
http://banishedmods.com/showthread.php?tid=1026
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Pangaea

Sorry if this is harsh to whoever made that mod, but I think it's a bit pointless to introduce water as a resource for gathering when it seems to have zero actual use in any buildings. With a baker, sure, then I can see the sense. But I'd be loathe to use water from a fountain when making food... I'm sure it's possible to alter the Well to do that though.

assobanana76

Quote from: Pangaea on September 24, 2014, 09:20:01 AM
Sorry if this is harsh to whoever made that mod, but I think it's a bit pointless to introduce water as a resource for gathering when it seems to have zero actual use in any buildings. With a baker, sure, then I can see the sense. But I'd be loathe to use water from a fountain when making food... I'm sure it's possible to alter the Well to do that though.
Well water may be used like any other form of food present in the game! I would say the most important! that, in case of absence, makes a carnage!
and then could be introduced as a resource to irrigate the fields, prepare the bread and in any process that will be present in the game (eg the tannery, etc. ..)
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

no reply from then..
each holds its own small garden ...  :'(
we will never have a giant mod decorative and even a great mod for the water ..
the water will remain a resource that comes from the fountains, which is collected, stored, and that is that no one will ever use it to do anything ...
missed opportunity ..

RedKetchup

it s because we cant work together, it isnt blizzard.com her or ubisoft.com ^^. we cant pass our time to wait the others do this or do that. we need our freedom and do our things on our side without waiting the other agreements :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

then we need someone to take charge of the various mod unify them and to make them operational ..
e.g. to create the chain water..

RedKetchup

once someone started a chain, nobody can work on it, cause when it s time to compile, we cant tell the compiler to : Hey don't worry ! this resource is available somewhere else in an other mod made by someone else! so pass your way and dont look! :P

it wont compile unless we recreate the same ressource with same name : which is a Big Red Conflict with other mods..

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 01, 2014, 04:00:41 AM
once someone started a chain, nobody can work on it, cause when it s time to compile, we cant tell the compiler to : Hey don't worry ! this resource is available somewhere else in an other mod made by someone else! so pass your way and dont look! :P

it wont compile unless we recreate the same ressource with same name : which is a Big Red Conflict with other mods..
maybe Luke will be able to do when he decides to close the beta?
what will the mods created until then?

RedKetchup

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 01, 2014, 04:09:49 AM
no idea :P
amazing!
I asked in every forum as beta versions work .. what happens at the end ..
and it seems no one knows .. or is it a big secret ...

irrelevant

Personally I prefer to have a large number of more limited mods to choose from. I don't want everything all wrapped up in one big mod. Things you like, I may have no interest in, and vice versa.

assobanana76

Quote from: irrelevant on October 01, 2014, 04:15:12 AM
Personally I prefer to have a large number of more limited mods to choose from. I don't want everything all wrapped up in one big mod. Things you like, I may have no interest in, and vice versa.
well .. from the menu you could choose to build the fountain but not the water tower and vice versa ..

irrelevant

And all the crops I have no interest in, yet which take up space in the merchants' boats? ;)

assobanana76

Quote from: irrelevant on October 01, 2014, 04:18:55 AM
And all the crops I have no interest in, yet which take up space in the merchants' boats? ;)
well .. I hope that sooner or later Luke remove the cap!
I created a ironic post on his forum hoping he read it!

Bobbi

In general I do not prefer compiled mods, they usually have stuff I don' want or conflict with other mods I do want. Example: Extra Exile. It has:
Coal is no longer used as fuel for homes. Hopefully.
Changed some cursors.
Forester now produce more wood. Because it will be needed in the future.
Fishingdocks now catch more fish.
Added a new climate. A lot of citizen perished testing this.
Pigs! With actual models and sound!
A new proffession and building to butcher pigs, cows and chickens.
A new cold climate.

Out of all that, the only things I want are slaughterhouse and pigs. Fortunately, she released those separately.