News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Cities XXL

Started by borreh1973, January 17, 2015, 03:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borreh1973

With little publicity, this appeared in my recommendation list today.
I tried playing Cities 2011. It was bugged. C2012 also. Not accept multiple core.
I gained Cities Platinum, but I did not play. Banished occupied my free time. Banished is very good.

Now, I will buy the Cities XXL and try again. I'm stubborn.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/313010/

solarscreen

Let me know what you think!  I am interested in this version of the game and have played with the recommended hacks to get performance to improve in the previous version.

If you like it well enough, we can add a discussion area for it.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

borreh1973

Ok. Wait news.
I'll be back after 10 days and I'll post my first moves in new scenery.

rkelly17

I'd like to hear what you think, @borreh1973. I've tried all the games in the series and always been a bit disappointed (e.g., what is the point of curved roads if you only have square lots?). I keep hoping, especially since the latest Sim City is such a disappointment itself. I keep going back to SC 4 when I want to build cities.

AzemOcram

I like the Cities XL series and I hope that Cities XXL fixes all the performance issues. Cities XXL is the opposite scale as Banished. Banished is for old villages with populations under 2000 while the point of Cities XXL is to build huge , modern cities with populations in the millions.

--Ocram

borreh1973

3 hours in the game. My first impression of CXXL is confused.
+ I like menu system.
+ Game has full translation to PT-BR.
+ Commercial zones are with better initial performance.

- Many many people talking bad about of the game. Too Much. Near 70-80% negative reviews. Wow ... too bad to to speak well of this?
- It really looks 'Cities Platinum DLC' or a very expensive patch.
- Bugs, e.g., wrong menus unrelated to previous menu appear and will not go away. It is something bad and not finished yet.

On Steam I recommended not to buy. I believe they could improve this game.

Although the game developers looking to Brazil growing, there are few companies that invest in translating full game to PT-BR. I liked seeing this full game translated.

But it's still a bad score. May be 6.5 / 10.

Perhaps better not to buy now. To wait correction if it there will be. Or betting on 'Cities: Skylines'.

I will continue playing CXXL. Already paid and I'm stubborn. Improving, I will come back to tell.

rkelly17

Thanks for your mini-review @borreh1973. I think I'll wait for Cities: Skylines and see how it turns out.

JimmiG

I actually think it's a decent game, but not worth €39.99 for new users. It's actually 50% off right now, but even at €19.99 I feel it's too expensive considering the regular edition of Cities Skylines isn't much more than that.

You can create really huge cities, farms have the proper size and the simulation is generally solid if perhaps a bit sterile and lifeless. There are also some great mods. They've released 3 patches so far, so they seem committed to this game - unlike previous versions which were just ignored post-release.

assobanana76

Cities XL on sale in Steam at €4.99..
I'm doing a little thought even if the comments are not just enthusiastic..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!