News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

How to add water to your meshes (advanced)

Started by Bartender, April 30, 2017, 03:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on May 02, 2017, 06:25:07 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on May 02, 2017, 06:04:09 AM
Quote from: embx61 on May 02, 2017, 06:00:16 AM
Quoteoh it will work when you ll get more posts ^^ at 3 posts or 5 ... i dont remember exactly the number ^^

quote link/button ain't working for me either.
Not a big deal as I just copy the text I want to quote and type the quote BB code myself around it.

really ?

and if you "reply" an open your box you type in....
scroll down after and click "insert quote" of someone ? doesnt work neither ?

are you using the default forum "appearance" "theme" or 1 of the dozens of theme provided ? (forum profile => look and layout thing)

Yeah, that works. ^^ :) Never thought about that one.

I just use standard Theme. I never changed it at least.

I have found that if you use the quick reply you don't get the options, you need to be in the 'preview' screen that will have the link options as well as others :) 

It may not be the case for you, but that's where I found it for me. 
I am using a custom theme, but it worked as well in the forum basic theme too.
There is a setting in your Profile Settings about whether or not you want to see the Quick Reply box.  That may affect you.  But, it could also be a 'theme' thing, not sure. :(
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

despo_20

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 02, 2017, 07:05:09 AM
There is a setting in your Profile Settings about whether or not you want to see the Quick Reply box.  That may affect you.
Thank you Query!
It works for me  ;)

despo_20

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 02, 2017, 05:37:42 AM
i dont fully understand the question .... but i dont think there is a limit size... it has the size of your plane you put in your mesh ....
I wondered what the result could be by applying that water material to a 1x1 square. If it looks good or not.
I haven't done any testing with it.

RedKetchup

Quote from: despo_20 on May 02, 2017, 08:45:54 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on May 02, 2017, 05:37:42 AM
i dont fully understand the question .... but i dont think there is a limit size... it has the size of your plane you put in your mesh ....
I wondered what the result could be by applying that water material to a 1x1 square. If it looks good or not.
I haven't done any testing with it.

oh yes you can apply to a 1x1 :) look as good as 10x10. but if you put 1x1 side od another 1x1 .... youll see the thin line depending the angle you watch it.
aka my nmt canals
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

has anyone experimented  to build a new terrain raising or lowering shovel mod that can make rounded banked round holes instead of the square diggouts we have now? if so how bout hills and how tall they can be? if we had a tool to dig our own lakes then it would be possable to make a large water mesh that covers the entire maps. we could then create our own maps.

RedKetchup

about rounded holes instead of suare... i am not sure, i really wish to know how and if it is possible.

about dig your own lakes :
1. i am not sure but i created a 200x200 water plane. but in game it is really not as 200x200. like if there is a limitation to 50x50 or 60x60 .. not sure.
2. you need to know the water has not any coloration , totally transparent. to get the blue effect, it comes from digging enough down to get the "blue" ground which kinda reflect on the water.

on the screenshots below you can see ontop of the river, the difference, it is not 200x200. you see it starting and see it ending.
on screenshot 2, you see the claypit and there is water there, hard to see on a picture cause the water is pure clear. the only thing in game you see is ripples and the wood planks are moving cause the water.

of course cause the plane is big, the water is very quiet and more hard to see. i would rather need to put more planes side by side instead of 1 giant plane in order to get thin ripples

Bartender

Just a little update; I ran some tests with the OpaqueInWaterMaterial, to see its behaviour. Using it for the parts of meshes that are supposed to be underwater fixes the problem with the 'clear' water, but the default material only works properly if the water is at the natural height (-0.75). I have found a way to reliably adapt it to give the right results at any desirable Z-level, so I will update the tutorial soon to include this.

RedKetchup

angainor88

Hey so I know Bartender isn't around much these days, but I am having trouble getting the water to work. Would anyone be willing to look at my files? Thanks!

Discrepancy

purringcat