News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Traders change

Started by Coug_r, October 27, 2014, 12:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coug_r

I don't know if someone has already seen this and posted it somewhere, but I realized the following: I saved my game right before a boat arrived at the trading post. I kept playing, the boat stopped and it was a certain merchant. For some reason I had to load the game I had saved earlier, another merchant arrived instead of the first one.

I tried it several times, it looks like the merchant is not defined before the boat stops. It may not seem fair to some players, but in the beginning of a game, when the first merchant brings goods I don't need yet, I sometimes use this to reload it and have a new merchant.

salamander

That has been seen before but is buried somewhere in long ago threads.  Nice find -- thanks for reminding everyone.

RedKetchup

haha he just discovered the trick everyone use since 9 months lol. you save just before merchant hit the TP and you keep reload till you get 'that' merchant you really want ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

salamander

But ... he discovered it on his own.  There's something to be said for that, not something to make fun of.  :(

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Coug_r

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 27, 2014, 04:31:15 PM
haha he just discovered the trick everyone use since 9 months lol. you save just before merchant hit the TP and you keep reload till you get 'that' merchant you really want ^^

Well I actually saw this a while ago but forgot about it as I haven't played since June. Back then I was following directly the forums of Shining Rock Software but I don't remember anyone mentioning this.

rkelly17

I got the idea to re-role merchants from @slink, but my recollection is she refused to take credit for the idea.

slink

I tried to find where we had that discussion, or where I read it, and I failed at both.  I am thinking it was in Spring, maybe May or April, and on SRS forum which is now a mess.

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 28, 2014, 11:35:49 AM
I tried to find where we had that discussion, or where I read it, and I failed at both.  I am thinking it was in Spring, maybe May or April, and on SRS forum which is now a mess.

My memory is the same. I've given up on the SRS forum. Too bad because that was what got me going on Banished.

Pangaea

I still check it out now and again, and the other day Luke commented on a bug report I made, so something happens, but mostly the forum is half-dead, and much of the activity is from spambots.

salamander

How is it possible that bots rule the roost over there, but even though they're always knocking at the door here they can't get in.  Is it a difference in the forum software that's being used, or is it, as I suspect, the diligence of the admin?

slink

Probably both, if only in the sense that @The Big Chihuahua chose the forum software and set it up correctly.

Pangaea

Agree, probably both. Doesn't appear to be any active mods over there, and the forum clearly can't be very good at automatically locking them out.