News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Any thoughts on this ?

Started by RedKetchup, September 26, 2014, 01:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

yeah it is possible, of course will take alot of time. the frame of the house isnt any usable to modify and do another model. it s an empty cardboard box. it doesnt have walls like my chimney only what we call here 'a facing'
so i would need to make the other model myself and add the material colors. it is the only model i ve got for an house. i have a stable and a sawmill that goes with, but no other houses.
oh and a barn :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Darkbibou

Great work @RedKetchup :)

Do you build it from scratch or is it based on a model ?

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 27, 2014, 02:27:03 AMand now?

Yep, that looks better  :)

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 27, 2014, 02:56:03 AMit is the only model i ve got for an house

What kind of format(s) does a model need to have, for you to get it into Banished?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

rkelly17

I like the new chimney. Any thought of making it stone color like the other chimneys in the game? Would that mess up the aesthetics or rendering of the house? I'm just thinking that the citizens don't seem to know how to make bricks.

RedKetchup

lets see.....

i turned the brick png from red to grey... and that what it gives :)

irrelevant

RedKetchup

so what i should do with this ? let it like that ?

try to make a bit bigger 5x6 ? 6x4? 7x5 ? and try to get more appart inside for a 2nd family ? or just let it that way and try to make 3-4 models ?
what about the roof ? really better Brown, and dont like to have some colorful deifferent roofs ?

Bobbi

When is your house going to be ready for download, oh evil @RedKetchup? Probably going to start a new game tonight with new version of dec mod, spotted cows, the new sawmill and new vendor buildings by elf.

RedKetchup

you want this house ... like alone like this ?

i just have to put the .zip if you want it like that

oh but... i need to figure out before how to make this 'occupant window' working :P
i forgot that ^^

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 27, 2014, 08:29:53 AM
so what i should do with this ? let it like that ?

try to make a bit bigger 5x6 ? 6x4? 7x5 ? and try to get more appart inside for a 2nd family ? or just let it that way and try to make 3-4 models ?
what about the roof ? really better Brown, and dont like to have some colorful deifferent roofs ?

At this point it would probably work best at the current normal houses size. Once we get to semi-detached (duplexes) and townhouses, then many possibilities are opened. I could see it as a step between wood and stone, so more mats than wood, less than stone; better insulation than wood, less than stone. I like it as it stands, though, of course, as you make more variations I would use them all. I can see a village with a wonderful mixture of houses--all surrounded by fences and trees, of course.  ;)

RedKetchup

alright. (and we can still think it is occupied by a rich class of the citizens ^^)

but before to release it, i still need to figure out whats going on with this house window. i completly copies the stone house .rsc and with change to the mesh (3d) and mats to build and ... i m getting no housing window. i lost like alot and alot of hours on that and still doesnt work. i find it stupid now how it laughes in my face :P

starting to think i should send the package to @slink  and see if she find something i cant figure out :P

slink

I'll look at the code for stone houses and see if I can figure out how the occupancy window gets made.

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 27, 2014, 10:41:44 AM
alright. (and we can still think it is occupied by a rich class of the citizens ^^)

but before to release it, i still need to figure out whats going on with this house window. i completly copies the stone house .rsc and with change to the mesh (3d) and mats to build and ... i m getting no housing window. i lost like alot and alot of hours on that and still doesnt work. i find it stupid now how it laughes in my face :P

starting to think i should send the package to @slink  and see if she find something i cant figure out :P

I see windows on the sides and on the dormers, just not front and back--and with that awesome chimney the back may not need windows.

irrelevant

I was thinking the same thing at first, but I believe he's referring to the resident/inventory information panel. ;)