News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA of "Affordable" Housing

Started by slink, November 13, 2014, 06:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Three stories of four-person families on a 4x4 plot.  Sounds affordable to me.   ;D

The color may be too cheerful, but maybe the projects are cheerful enough when they are first built.

Feel free to comment.   ;)

rkelly17

Crazy, @slink, crazy. Actually a good idea--fits in well with the Banished idea of people starting out from scratch. These houses would be very fun to exit (Wheee!) but I'm not sure that I could get up the ramps to get in.

slink

Well, to tell the truth, they all teleport from ground level into their houses.  For some reason the floors don't seem to work when the little people can walk right up to the correct spot displaced only along the Z-axis.  I suppose Luke built that into the game to keep the "use" spots from having to be so correctly on target in the models.

Mahnogard

Quote from: rkelly17 on November 13, 2014, 07:47:16 AM
These houses would be very fun to exit (Wheee!) but I'm not sure that I could get up the ramps to get in.

You know, my first thought was that, with as much ale as my Bannies drink, this can't be safe. :D

Neat idea, @slink - so can they only have 2 kids then? That could be useful for throttling the baby-making a bit at a certain point of the game.

salamander

Great ... so now even the Bannies have transporter technology.  ;)

All I want ... all I've ever asked for ... is warp drive for my truck.  Can I have it ... oh, nooo.

slink

I guess they can't have more than two kids if they live in these houses.  More than two can't live there.  I suppose if a couple somehow took over two houses then they could have their full complement of children.  Does it work that way with the normal houses?

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on November 13, 2014, 07:50:08 AM
Well, to tell the truth, they all teleport from ground level into their houses.

Ah, convenient. One of the powers I wouldn't mind having.

Quote from: Mahnogard on November 13, 2014, 07:51:14 AM
You know, my first thought was that, with as much ale as my Bannies drink, this can't be safe. :D

Indeed! A scene for one of those videos of people doing really dumb things.

slink

I want a phaser bank for my car.  Photon torpedoes would be too messy on the Interstate.   ;)

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on November 13, 2014, 07:56:26 AM
I want a phaser bank for my car.  Photon torpedoes would be too messy on the Interstate.   ;)

Yes! Get the dribblers out of my way!

slink

Here is the new look for the affordable housing.  It will match the small markets, when I redo those so that they have snow on top and no strange shadows.  You can compare it with the old look which is still on the second story in the background.

slink

Second story is now redone and the ramp has small treads for better footing.   ;)

Redoing of third story and second ramp is now underway.

RedKetchup

so finally , these are your "real" first draws with your 1400$ program ? :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 14, 2014, 06:07:20 AM
so finally , these are your "real" first draws with your 1400$ program ? :)
$4000.

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

at least :) thats a beginning :)

and how you like it ? putting down some lego bricks (boxes)?

and it was time :) at this price ^^
teasing you @slink <3