News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

UI gripe

Started by irrelevant, June 08, 2014, 07:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariesalias

This is my mouse, basically (mine is a few years old).

I haven't used a basic mouse in years as they were causing my wrist a lot of pain. Even with this mouse after a 2-4 hour raid (constant use), my hand will usually ache, but at least I can still use it the next day. ;D  If I didn't raid in WoW, I could probably just use a regular mouse.  I can't really complain about the quality of this mouse, it has taken tons of use and abuse and stood up to it pretty well. My husband sticks to inexpensive regular mice and goes through 2-3 a year probably. I probably should just bite the bullet and buy a new one, but I hate spending that much money on a mouse. I'd like to at lest try to learn to use this joystick mouse though since I have it already.

I have not used a spreadsheet in many years. I am sure I could think of something comparative though. Thanks! :)

nmid

I was "smart" enough to figure out that I can enter numbers in the production limit tab or the trading tab... but I never figured out that you can change workers the same way, by entering numbers directly..

I remember 2 occasions while trying to reset all my workers jobs, I clicked down 500+ times and then clicked up 500+ times again.
Could have been 900 times each? Thankfully my brain prefers to forget exact details of self-torture.

snapster

Can you change the size of the in-game windows, for instance the Tools and Reports? Also, being able to modify what is displayed or how it is displayed could become very important with mods as more content is added.

slink

Quote from: snapster on October 22, 2014, 07:55:17 AM
Can you change the size of the in-game windows, for instance the Tools and Reports?
Options, User Interface Scale.

snapster

That isn't ideal but it appears to be the only option. Thanks. Why did he do it like this? Could a mod change this or is it out of bounds? How are complex mods in general supposed to incorporate the added complexity?

salamander

There are certain things in the mod kit that are hard-coded and can't be changed.  The UI Scale option is one of these, I believe.  Take a look at the Readme file included with the mod kit -- it gives an example of how existing things like menu options can be extended to acomodate mods.

snapster

The UI scale option aside, the question is whether windows can be made resizable.

Mahnogard

Quote from: snapster on October 22, 2014, 11:56:08 AM
The UI scale option aside, the question is whether windows can be made resizable.

There is a mod that makes the professions window more horizontal, so some things in that area are possible. I'm using it in the attached screenshot.

snapster

Where are these images hosted, by the way?

A Nonny Moose

I have used the resize option on the GUI with great effect since I have vision problems.  Thanks for that.

Generally people hose images on a specialized image site.  I use a paid account in imgur.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Mahnogard

Quote from: snapster on October 22, 2014, 12:18:34 PM
Where are these images hosted, by the way?

I just use the image attachment feature here on the forum. When you write a reply, there's a link below the text box that says, "Attachments and other options" - expanding that section by clicking that will allow you to attach images straight from your hard drive.

salamander

Or, you can upload images in the Gallery section of the forum and include a link in your post to the image file there.

A Nonny Moose

Wow!  Does the server have that much space?  Most sites encourage images from external sites.

salamander

I've wondered that, too, but it seems folks are encouraged to use the forum gallery for storage.  Must be a heck of a system the forum's hosted on.

A Nonny Moose

Hmmmm.  Maybe they are backing on to a cloud service??  Not my choice of smart.