News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Update to 1.04beta includes bug fixes!

Started by irrelevant, October 03, 2014, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

http://banishedinfo.com/forum/t/619-Beta-Bug-Fixes

* Fixed a crash when disabling mods that had new map types.
    * Fixed the toolbar showing empty buttons in certain cases.
    * The trade UI now dynamically resizes to make sure all items can be shown at once. This fixes crashes when the general merchant comes with many mods that add resources enabled.
    * Fixed a rare crash that was caused by closing tooltips in a particular way.
    * xWMAEncode now uses the /bin parameter to located it.
    * Fixed a bug that allowed combo box drop downs to stay up if the parent button went away.
    * Added an option to draw the mouse cursor in software in cases where DirectX fails to display the cursor properly.
    * Moved 'clip mouse to window' option from Game options to input options.
    * Added a cursor option that allows the resource to specify the hot spot of cursors. This also facilitates the software cursor.
    * Added a Reset All option to the game launcher. This allows the game to reset to default settings if a setting is causing a game crash. The command line option /reset also does the same thing. Note this will unset achievements in non-steam versions.
    * Adding an option to the game launcher to disable use of DirectInput. This should allow systems where the mouse doesn't move to work properly, however only the left, right, and middle mouse buttons will be available.
    * Roads will now always draw roads no matter how many there are on the terrain.
    * Misc fixes for rare crashes.

slink

RedKetchup

euh.... cant get my mods working now, and i cant even load the personal moddler one :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

RedKetchup

how i am presently ? i cant do nothing :(

my mods dont work anymore before/after recompile with 141001 Tools :S

slink

Neither do Luke's mods work now.  I can run overrides, but that is all.  Everything else is either carried over with no effect from the initial menu into a new game, or crashes an existing game.

slink

Pangaea

Potential problems like this is why I haven't yet updated the 'main' game to even xx925, but only the modkit version. I'll keep it that way as long as I'm still playing a 'serious' town there. Sounds like 1.0.4 will come out of beta in a week's time, so hopefully all will work then.

Doesn't it work to compile mods at all now? Path changes, anything like that the problem?

slink

Even the example mods would not load in an established game, before or after recompiling them with the new resources.  They loaded before I created a game and then they showed up on the mod list when I looked from inside the new game.  But they were not functioning, and if I tried to re-attach them to the game then once again the program crashed.  Only overrides still worked for me, such as a flat map, a Mediterranean climate, and the debug button enabled.

RedKetchup

but how to make the official version back to 925 ? and prevent steam to update it back to 141001 ?

slink

I just deleted all of the files except for data0.pkg, and recopied from the previous set of zip files.  I can do that because I am not using Steam.   ;)

Incidentally, I tried running everything from clean directories, building the resources and then building the examples.  There were absolutely no leftover old files involved.  Trying to load the apiary mod resulted in a crash.

Pangaea

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 03, 2014, 12:53:18 PM
but how to make the official version back to 925 ? and prevent steam to update it back to 141001 ?

That is one of the many disadvantages of steam, if you run into some type of problem, or don't want the latest patch for whichever reason. Steam auto-updates, and you can't do jack about it. Maybe you can try to download the non-shteam patch and see if it works to extract the files into the steam folder structure -- but you risk steam just auto-updating things again.

I've not even downloaded the patch yet, but is there anything in the README about mods that have changed?

RedKetchup

good service !

a patch to patch the patch LOL

http://shiningrocksoftware.com/forum/discussion/4363/crash-with-the-new-build-of-the-beta-141001#Item_7

QuoteShiningRockSoftware  3:42PM 

And that's why its a beta... whoops. Save games included plus list of mods enabled would be nice for reproducing the save game issues. Fix for things not showing up in the tool bar should be coming soon...

Mahnogard

Looks like the "patch-patch" just went live a little bit ago, and all the mods I'm using seem to be working again and showing up in the toolbar (including Ketchup's awesome goodies that I'm using). Loaded it with my previous (last patch) game and no crash. Yay!

RedKetchup