News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Your welcome.

It will be a bit to get used to using the F key to get the right thatch roofs.
F key auto flip to the next variant after placing 1 piece and that can be a bit annoying if you want the same thatch but that is how F key works in banished.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

Beside some side stuff i am working on some hedges.

They are just basic and very low poly.
I think I end up with 7 different textures and some with some colored flowers like red, white and yellow.

1x, 2x, corner, 4 way, 3 way and end piece so far. I thinking about adding a gate piece as well.
The separate pieces look odd in the picture. This is because of backface culling.
As long as every hedge is closed by an end piece at the ends this will not be visible as the hedges will be closed.

A spoiler

elemental

Interesting direction to take. I love anything plant-related. My towns always have gardens. A gate sounds good. Maybe an archway of some sort, too?

Just looking at the pic, how about a set of those hedge stone garden beds without the hedge? How would they look with your flowers (or Kid's flowers)?

Gatherer

@embx61 Just for comparison here are the hedges from MegaMod Deco Pack as used in my Castle Rock XIII town:

In MM DP the individual one tile pieces do not connect well with each other. There is visible space between them. Luckily there is also a one tile piece included that has two ghosted half tile hedge protrusions on each side. So I could put this one in between two normal ones.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Quote from: elemental on November 13, 2018, 12:47:45 PM
Just looking at the pic, how about a set of those hedge stone garden beds without the hedge? How would they look with your flowers (or Kid's flowers)?

That's something I'd like to see as well.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

embx61

Easy enough to split the stone garden beds from the hedges and make a couple of extra ones.

All pieces are fitting nicely together so no caps.
I made a gate with a arch.
I probably making a double gate arch as well.

I also make one 2x piece but with half of it ghosted so hedges can be build right onto certain objects as the ghosted part can run through a wall for example.

embx61

Just released version 17001 of The Decoration hedges Set.

I decided to do the garden beds as asked for in a different mod and currently working on that set.

Also in the process of adding one (forgotten) roof thatch texture to the 3x4 and 4x4 wooden houses sets.

elemental

Your hedges look better in game than in your preview pics.  :)  The floral ones in particular look a bit messy in the pics but much better in game. CC has two hedges that are partly see-through, but I think your solid textures are much more realistic.

embx61

Just released version 17001 of the Small Storage Mod at a request from @Gatherer.

tuggistar

Hi embx61. I looked at you a lot of new stunning collections. When you can update the EB Unified Mod.

embx61

After i have finished adding one more forgotten Thatched roof to the 3x4 and 4x4 Wooden Houses I will update the Unified Mod.

You can just add the Hedges, House Addon Set and Small Storage together with Unified if you want to till I update.
Those three Mods are the only Mods not in Unified yet but should work with it separately.

I think sometime in the coming week I will update Unified.

brads3

EB can you make a random creamery with a stone roof? similar to the old dairy in CC that gives a random mixture of butter,cheese,and cream each year from milk.

embx61

Have to wait a bit brads.

I am busy with quite some projects all ready. But I will put it on the list for some later.

Working currently on the Garden beds. Looking at the meshes of flowers/trees elemental send me to see what I can do with them. This is quite new to me as I not made any trees yet.
Have to add 1x roof variant to the 3x4 and 4x4 wooden houses.

If that is done update the Unified Mod so it is current.

Working beside all the other stuff on a Jetty Mod.
First part will be the Jetty's and some 3x4 and 4x4 houses. Then later I add some more stuff like Fishing, Town Hall, Chapel, Trade port etc, to them.

Not sure it will be just one themed mod or released in stages. I think I will go for stages like Jetty Main, Jetty Production, Jetty Services and so on.
All will be under the same Jetty Themed toolbar though.

Spoiler

brads3

elemental

I thought you might be working on something new, you've been a bit quiet the last few days. Those jetty structures look good. More water stuff is always welcomed.  :)

Are those houses buildable on land too? That would be handy if the set could also be built on land as well as on water, with the jetty poles being completely hidden under the ground.