News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - North Pole South Annex - Story 21

Started by Abandoned, December 08, 2017, 01:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Intro

This is the 21st story in the Smallville series.  The founders of this town did not come from Smallville but are descendants of those who did.  They came from the North Pole Fishing Hole of Story 5.  The residents of that settlement were having a hard time feeding themselves in that cold Nordic climate and were struggling to provide enough stocking stuffers to fill Santa's sleigh.  This group of Santa's elves traveled south of the North Pole to establish a village to produce enough fruits, nuts, cookies, and candy to fill the ever increasing number of Christmas stockings being hung by the fireplaces with care.  The supply needed replenishing after Saint Nicholas made his rounds on December 5th and before Santa took off with a full sleigh on Christmas Eve.

The Map is #592329066  Plain Arid, Small, Fair, Disasters Off, Easy Start

Mods and Load Order:

Starting and Map Changing Mods:  Banished UI Maps, Banished UI Mods, Labor Window, RKMinimized Status, RK Vanilla TP, CC Light Rain, Wild Oats

Tweak Mods: Better Fields, Bigger Wheelbarrows, Busy Laborers, Busy Pastures, Fishing Dock +25%, Hunting and Gathering, Hunting Season, Longer Living Orchards, Increased CC, 1:1 Aging, Rocks Respawn, Tool Value Up, Woodcutter +3

Main or Must Have Mods:  An Empty Square, Nomad Sign Complete, Kid-Alotofseeds Trader, Colonial Housing, Colonial Resources, Garden Shed II, Tiny Separate, Workplaces

Supporting Mods: Brads Smoking Shed, Christmas Mod, Colorful Little Houses, Fenceless Pasture, Kid-Bakery & Garden, NMT3 Deco Crop, Kid-Yard Cover, Nordic Houses, Nordic Log Cabin, Nordic Wooden Houses, Old Hunter Hut, Orchard Foresters, Red Creamery Cows & Main, RK Stockpiles, Storage Crates, Tjurko Mil, Warehouse Inc., White Picket Fence

So, weary traveler, I will tell you all about North Pole South Annex but then you must hurry home and hang up you stockings because:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysxlUmLOttQ

Abandoned

Chapter 1

Well, weary traveler, we wasted no time but got straight to our work.  We had a lot to do.  There were 22 of us, 12 adults and 10 children, which included a pair of twins and a set of triplets.  My husband, Garet, and I, Molli, had no children yet so we were put in charge.  We all took what supplies we needed and headed home before beginning our first day of work. 

We gathered what wild foods and herbs we could find, and began hunting when we spotted a large herd of deer southeast of town.  Meanwhile our 4 builders constructed an animal shed for our cow and chickens, and a pasture for the sheep.  A fishing pier was build in a prime location north of town.  A woodcutter and garden shed would supply us with logs and firewood.  A school was constructed and waiting for its first student.  A large field was cleared across from the sheep pasture and would be ready for spring planting.  We wanted our food supply to be well established before we began producing the needed stocking stuffers.

In late autumn, 4 babies were born, our first born son, Kellyn included.  Our population grew to 26. 

By winter we built a tailor and blacksmith workplace but had no blacksmith.  Brie began making hide coats, Dashade, her husband was teacher.  Ritch was forester and his wife Fannika was tending the cow and chickens.  Mauriel was woodcutter, Garet was fishing, and I was tending the sheep.  That left us with only 2 builders and 3 laborers but we were doing well.  At year end our storage barn was full to overflowing.

RedKetchup

thats a seed with alot of children (22 bannies total)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

I thought the same, a lot of little mouths to feed but it took a while to find a nice map with sheep and the river flowing in the right direction.  It would have taken me till Christmas to find perfect map.  ;D  Instead I added more tweaks to increase food production.

brads3

what mod did you get the cow shed from/ that is a nice looking building. you always find tidbits to use.

Abandoned

hi @brads3 the animal shed has cow and chickens on nest in yard - produces milk and eggs.  It comes in 2 colors, red & white and green & white.  Sneak peak at part of @kid1293 new Christmas mod - coming soon to a download section near you.  :)

kid1293

:)

I will upload soon, @brads3 !

@Abandoned - Nice touch to always use their names. Feels more personal. :)

Abandoned

Thanks, @kid1293 , I actually rejected on pretty good map because the names of the starting adults were so terrible.  ;D

brads3

i should have known you stole another 1 somewheres. at least now i know i didn't miss 1 somehow.do you have to feed it? NECORA's cow barns and rabbit pens, we feed corn to get the barns to produce.

kid1293

It is Christmas, @brads3 !
Don't be a Grinch :D Cow and chickens eat leftovers from some vegetarian BBQ!
I am sure they feel fine even if they don't move.  ;)

Abandoned

no @brads3 , no feeding, just a worker.  A nice amount of milk and eggs. I will keep showing production figures.

Abandoned

Chapter 2

By early spring of year 2 we had not even begun to clear the land for a crop field.  We only had cabbage and pepper seeds to plant in large fields so we decided to plant a small field of barley instead.  We needed grain as we had no one who could gather wild oats.  We also had no one who could use the small hunter cabin that was built.  We still had no blacksmith but our school now had 2 students and we looked forward to having educated workers to fill the needed jobs.

We were getting a small but steady supply of milk and eggs and the barley was doing quite well.  We would soon need tools, but other than that our inventory was in very good shape.  In fact, our storage barn, sheds, and crates were again full.  By summer of year 3, we had constructed a large storage barn.  By autumn we began clearing a large area for an orchard.

By Christmas we had a beautiful tree in the town square, our tailor and blacksmith had a yard cover to protect them from snow and rain, and a small walled garden was producing spices.  Our school now had 5 students.

Abandoned

Chapter 3

By Spring of year 4 our apples trees were planted and 13 elves arrived to help with all the jobs that needed filling.  We now had a hunter and a wild oat gatherer.  We built a beautiful mill to make flour but our miller said a large mill like that was suitable only to mill flour from wheat, corn, or oats.  As soon as we had enough housing built, we constructed a smaller mill near the spice garden and storage shed.  A bee hive had also been set up to produce honey.  Our food supply was good and there was still milk and eggs to be picked up and taken to storage.  We had plenty of herbs, tools, and coats.

By year end the North Pole Annex had a population of 42, 20 adults, 10 students, and 12 young children.  Our second son, Elissie was born back in late spring.

brads3

don't you hate when that happens. built the wrong mill. i have done that a few times. i still like the options though. it is neat to have different mills for different grains.

Abandoned

Hi @brads3, yes, hate when that happens but I still like the looks of that mill.  :)  I used Colonial mod for the red barns and red mill for Christmas but I soon realized I failed to update my mod notes when I updated from 106 to 107 version of Colonial, corn, wheat, and oats for mill.  I was just playing map and traded for wheat seed, now realized and made note that I must assign worker to that mill.  Glad you commented.  :)