Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Adriana's College v1.0 - Redketchup

Started by RedKetchup, October 10, 2014, 10:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Adriana's College v1.0 - Redketchup

Hello everyone !

This MOD : Adriana's College v1.0 is a special request from a friend :)

This mod introduce in the game a new building: College. This new building serves as a bigger and very cool looking new school. You need 3 teachers to fill this new high school and up to 100 students can go study in this building. It fills the request to add new building school in the game.

this big and expansive building has 10x7 footprint and cost 36 wood 84 stones and 32 iron. Teachers working are required to activate the teaching in this building.

I hope everyone will like this new building 100% built with my little hands ^^ Be indulgent about my draw skills ^^

Enjoy !!!

Magic Link will appear once you are logged ON on the forum !!
If you want to download it .... you need to register on our forum ! Once you have done that, the link will appear just below this green arrow :)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

gerns

as usual every thing you do blends in and is a perfect addition to the game .please stop defending your artwork its spot on and i for one will download any thing you make .kudos to you. ;D ;D ;D

missjennabee

I'm probably just completely missing it somehow, but I can't seem to find this building on any of the tabs lol. Anyone know whereabouts it's located?

rkelly17

Quote from: missjennabee on November 17, 2014, 07:58:38 AM
I'm probably just completely missing it somehow, but I can't seem to find this building on any of the tabs lol. Anyone know whereabouts it's located?

Same tab as town hall, school , chapel, cemetery.

missjennabee

Weird, I guess it's just not showing up for me then.   :(

salamander

Just a thought -- maybe the mod's no longer enabled in your game.  Though you probably already know this: from in-game, hit Esc, and click on mods to make sure it's enabled.

slink

Right, the mods that you enable from the initial menu don't carry over into loaded games.  If you started a game without a mod, you have to load it later and then save the game with that mod loaded.

salamander

@missjennabee -- I don't mean to be insulting, but not knowing how much experience you have with using mods in Banished, something else occurred to me.  If the above (un-enabled mod) turns out not to solve your problem, it may be that you have not installed the mod correctly for the game to recognize it.

Many mods, and definitely this one, are downloaded as .zip files.  The un-zipped contents of the .zip file, in this case college.pkm, need to be copied into the 'WinData' folder of your Banished game folder.  Any .pkm files in this folder should be available as mod choices when you start the game.

missjennabee

@ slink and salamander: I feel very silly now. I actually had no experience using mods with Banished as I just discovered they existed yesterday lol. I enabled them on the main menu without realizing that was going to have absolutely no impact on my existing save. Double checked once the game was loaded and they were indeed not enabled. Which probably goes a long way to explaining why they were not, you know, working.

Now they're showing up as intended  :)  Thanks for all your help!

salamander

Glad you got it straightened out.  And, welcome to the forum.   :)

slink

realm174

Just a quick question on the gameplay aspect of this mod.. Does that mean that children will go to "regular" school, then go to college? Or does that eliminate the need for the regular school?

As well, other than adding another (much nicer) building, does that make the students "smarter" in the sense that they will be more productive than if they had gone to regular school?

thanks

RedKetchup

no, we cannot make them 'smarter'. it is only an higher capacity (5X number of students) school for 1 building.

i didnt got it work as i intented it cause the game design bad programming. my idea was to have a capacity of 30 student per teacher, and each time you had a teacher in it (max 3) you would added 30 students till you hit 90 students.

but the game didnt react as intended.

so i placed the maximum capacity  at 100 students and you can assign up to 3 teachers. no matters number of teacher, it will educate 100 students. but , if you want to build another one, you ll have to fill it with required number of teachers before the other school will be 'staff'. the very good thing about it, if 1 teacher dies.... no students will be kicked out of school and go to the workforce. they will stay student :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

realm174

" the very good thing about it, if 1 teacher dies.... no students will be kicked out of school and go to the workforce. they will stay student"

I really really like that part!! :)

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 02, 2015, 10:22:41 AMthe very good thing about it, if 1 teacher dies.... no students will be kicked out of school and go to the workforce. they will stay student :)
and what they do ?? college party ??  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!