News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

3D Animation

Started by slink, October 16, 2014, 06:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Has anyone successfully opened the white chicken FBX file in 3ds MAX?  I get a lot of errors when I import it into the 2015 version of that editor.

Here is the log of the errors.

2014-10-16 08:30:45: ¼: Import: C:\Users\Sandra\Documents\3dsMax\Banished Stuff\WhiteChicken.fbx

2014-10-16 08:31:55: ÀG: [WARNING] BindPose - Incomplete BindPose [link nodes] - The following Link node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition. LeftLeg Spine2 LeftThigh Spine3 Head Spine1 LeftFoot RightLeg Hip RightThigh Tail RightFoot

2014-10-16 08:31:55: ÀG: [WARNING] BindPose - Incomplete BindPose [link nodes parents] - The following parent and/or ancestor node of the Link(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition. LeftThigh Hip root RightThigh

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

and same in Maya 2011

blender says nothing, but if you ask to preview the animation ..... you see nothing, niet.

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 16, 2014, 08:50:33 AM
and same in Maya 2011

blender says nothing, but if you ask to preview the animation ..... you see nothing, niet.

I've never been able to bring any of the example mod .fbx files into Blender, even if I have run them through the Autodesk FBX converter. Usually for the raw files from the mod kit I get an error message of something missing and for the converted files, well, as @RedKetchup says, nothing happens. I have successfully brought in other files from other sources using the Autodesk converter. Not that I know what to do with them yet, but there they are.  :(

RedKetchup

maybe Luke are doing them with SoftImage 3D, :P

slink

Hope he can decide to which package he is switching, after 2015.   :P

purringcat

FBX® 2013.3 Converter
Would this help?    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=22694909

I took 3ds max off my pc so can't check.

slink

It does display the animation, but when I try to convert it I get the error "Not enough parameters".  This error is mentioned in the conversion help, but there is no explanation.

purringcat

Looked for a solution and found this

Re: 3DS Model Fails to Convert
Options
08-11-2012 01:59 AM in reply to: Numerator
Hello Doug Rogers, I try to convert the file , and you are right, it cant be converted to fbx, but this issue is only with the 2013.2 Version of the converter, I try it with the 2012 version, and it converted successfully, from the code too, I think it is a bug in the 2013 version, hopefully not for all 3DS Files.

slink

FBX Converter 2012 says it does convert WhiteChicken.FBX correctly, but the result still gives the same errors in 3ds MAX 2015.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=18817304