News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Traders sailing right past docks?

Started by WaKitty, February 17, 2021, 07:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaKitty

I've had this bug happen with multiple games now - sometimes traders will just decide to sail right past a dock instead of actually visiting it.  The docks are accessible and they're definitely not going for a different dock (deleted or otherwise).  It's very annoying early game because a trading post can be a big investment.  I'm usually running with mods, but it seems to happen with different mod sets too.  Anyone have any ideas?

assobanana76

honestly it never happened to me .. but before yesterday I had only ever used trading post vanilla. now I have two CC trading posts under construction. I hope not to run into such a problem!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

WaKitty

I haven't played straight vanilla in ages.  But I've had it happen with both CC and The North.

assobanana76

Quote from: WaKitty on February 17, 2021, 07:19:10 AM
I haven't played straight vanilla in ages.  But I've had it happen with both CC and The North.

NO PANIC. NO PANIC.
OK PANIC!!!
;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

brads3

a list of mods and a pic of the trade posts would help. is it happening all the time or just vertain boats?

WaKitty

I'm not sure what list of mods to give you because I've had it happen with so many different mod sets.  Both MegaMod and The North seem to be affected, even when I'm not running any other mods other than an age mod.  It seems to happen all the time for a given dock.  So I'll have some docks that have traders visiting them and others that won't.  Current screenshot is below - the smaller docks from Kidd's fur trade mod works fine, but as soon as I built the big dock from The North then I started getting boats that would sail past my docks and never stop.  I still have boats visiting the smaller docks but none on the bigger one.

I've just had it happen in so many different configurations and with so many different mod lists that I'm not sure what to put as a list of mods!

brads3

do you have RED's trading post fix for the new limit flags??  wondering if it is happening due to the flag changes between the 1.06 and 1.07? maybe a boat isn't stopping with 1.07 goods at a 1.06 mod trade post. sure beats a crash if that is the case.

have only heard of merchants having issues with bridges or docks. sometimes these confuse the boats and those trade posts are skipped. your issue is unique.

banishedsanni

Is this the only map u experience this? I had this twice and removing the trading port or undo the terrain transformation fixed it for me. I once had a very big map with 5 trading post and after i built the 6. trading post none of my ports where visited by a trader. I then removed rhar last trading port and build it somewhere else. Tadaa! All worked again. Same for the second time where I heavyly modified the shoreline with the terrain mod (removing hills or widening the river).

Nilla

Look at the discussion here:
https://www.banishedventures.com/wiki/big-trading-dock/#div-comment-697

I have had this bug too but only on lakes and only if the merchant needs to make a turn in another direction than the river runs. I also had it with other mods than the North but it looks like Tom found something to fix this bug for the large Nordic port. Until then you can avoid this by building trading ports on the river.

WaKitty

Quote from: Nilla on February 18, 2021, 07:47:04 AM
Look at the discussion here:
https://www.banishedventures.com/wiki/big-trading-dock/#div-comment-697

I have had this bug too but only on lakes and only if the merchant needs to make a turn in another direction than the river runs. I also had it with other mods than the North but it looks like Tom found something to fix this bug for the large Nordic port. Until then you can avoid this by building trading ports on the river.

That seems to have fixed it!

TheOtherMicheal

I can confirm what Nilla mentioned and also confirm that it is not always caused by a mod conflict. I love maps with big lakes and I have found a few times that merchants will not use ports on the shores of a lake. This is because they are following the course of the river and not the shores of the lake (I believe this is because the lake expands outwards from the path of the river but the merchant AI does not recognize anything else except the path of the river).

The easiest solution is to build ports on only the river sections instead of on the lake sections.
However if you have the mods (like DS Jetties, Colonial Charter or MegaMod) you have the option to observe where the merchant travels on the lake and then build a port in that part of the lake using all the over-water buildings from those mods.

catty-cb

I haven't had this problem .... yet, but I do tend to stick to only building @RedKetchup canal traders using an existing stream and the only time I have issues with those is if I get the arrow direction wrong

First picture is after the first trader has been build, and the second after I've finished building over the existing stream and added a second trading post