News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Forest Outpost V2 fixed

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turis

Instead of a big hospital, it could be a house for the sick tended by one or two healers.

QueryEverything

@kid1293 will have a think.... 

I would ask, if you were to include a small church of some kind, one without a cross.  A gathering place more than anything else. 
Still acts like a church (Bannies have religion, don't get me started as to why they would need that for happiness (star points) ...  hahaha ..  anyway ... ) but, without the 'church feel' to it.

I was thinking for another mod, a May pole (or similar), with a Priestess (one of the outdoorsy ones maybe, like your Forest Deep maybe ... )  but, for a more 'outpost' feel setup, I don't think so.  And not sure a new profession would want to be added (If so, even just something like 'clergy' or 'cleric', or 'minister' etc). 

So far I've thought of the following ideas.  More on my Pinterest board (link in my signature)
* Shrine, chapel, meeting place, 'Service', ...  No cross, but ... flowers, wreathes, hanging lamps.
* In a building: this here (or here) is different!! Without the Cross here ; stunning architecture & yew trees ; Caen France (it's actually a photoshopped image of Saint-Etienne de Bourges) ; Sweet water level chapel ; more ; Stone Chapel ; Small Stone ; Small Mixed ; Grass Valley Church ; Old CHurch ;
* Basic outdoors area:  seating, flowers, lamps, small bonfire maybe?  (Outdoors view, in a forest maybe?) Perhaps like this?  Or, something like this? ;

With all of the above - plain buildings, spaces etc would be excellent as well, possibly a ghosted space, or LOTS of road tiles, that way we can decorate our sacred spaces ourselves :D (please :D :D :D )

As for other buildings:
--  Bathhouse or Medical area, healers house, which ever you would think on, it would be based on Health, hospice??
--  fishing spot, with the ability to decorate (using Necora's new mod), so road tiles / ghosting placement :D
--  Town Hall (Community Centre), I know you're not keen, so more like Town Watering Hole ;)  Or, meeting place, (an extension of the new Service Shrine (thingy), you could design both so that they can either be placed separately, or placed together, little modular building, with the ability to decorate them (forestry type), even a "Community Centre"
--  New houses, (angled, odd shaped, cool :) ) PLUS a 2nd storey one for the existing ones perhaps?  Or, a modular one that would fit to the new buildings you are making, or standalone.
--- houses: this could be placed at the edge of the stream ; multi-level ; fibonacci treehouse ; Angled ; Simple (could place on an angle); Really Angled ; Awesome! ;
--  Small 2 x 2 starter market
--  I would suggest storage items, little 'cellar' style ones, outhouses maybe, but it depends on your new storage mod idea you are designing.  Certainly storage that can fit up against the existing buildings & houses.
--  Small dairy (for those that don't have the workplace) & butcher

Something like this, waters edge, dock placeable, water placeable, multi-function :0)  Or, like this, where it can sit over the water (until someone works out how to build on hills ;) )

One of the things I'm really loving the idea of, is a house that can be built on the waters edge, so plenty of free hanging 'ghosted tiles', small (2x2) for the fisherman, and large, for 'holiday Bannis'.  Can build a dock right up against it, can build a fishing spot (as above, ghosted tiles to do so), a few lobster pots for the yabbies, water lillies and so on ...  a gorgeous little lake house retreat.  :D  (houseboats included, haha)

Ok ...  I think that's enough from me (for now, dinner is nearly ready).  If I think of more, I will come back.  There is nearly enough here for it's own new mod -
the River View Retreat mod.  With agnostic worship ;)  hahaha.

Sorry ... lots of ideas!!  :)  I'll add more to Pinterest if I think of them, rather than spam here. 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

Quote from: Turis on April 23, 2017, 12:55:00 AM
Instead of a big hospital, it could be a house for the sick tended by one or two healers.

Noted, and I like that.

Well @QueryEverything ...
First - most houses are too modern.
Second - Some of the old chapels got me ticking. :)
And a variant of them for house, doctor and (maybe) town hall.
I think I have got an idea now. You really helped me.

Last - I understand the need for decoration and combinations. But it is
hard to make 'intelligent' placement. It will have to be later.
For now I focus on small footprints with ample space around.

One more - Thanks for all these pictures. Very nice modern houses, not in this mod.

And yes - a simple Fishing Spot

Abandoned

@kid1293 just an added short note, nice simple fishing spot will fit in with the theme nicely.  :)  Nothing says small old chapel like a wooden cross.  Would it be possible to add a fenceless cemetery to go with it, maybe with simple wood crosses. There is a mod of simple white ones already.  Of coarse chapel and cemetery crosses are optional to use or not use. Roofs matching forest outpost or vanilla sounds good.  The small hospital will come in very handy. I think decorative items work better as separate deco mods.

Regarding tiny nomad well, I meant the nomad well attracts nomads without having to build the tiny town hall or any town hall at all.  Thanks in advance for additions to a favorite mod.  :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on April 23, 2017, 01:55:17 AM
Quote from: Turis on April 23, 2017, 12:55:00 AM

Noted, and I like that.

Well @QueryEverything ...
First - most houses are too modern.
Second - Some of the old chapels got me ticking. :)
And a variant of them for house, doctor and (maybe) town hall.
I think I have got an idea now. You really helped me.

Last - I understand the need for decoration and combinations. But it is
hard to make 'intelligent' placement. It will have to be later.
For now I focus on small footprints with ample space around.

One more - Thanks for all these pictures. Very nice modern houses, not in this mod.

And yes - a simple Fishing Spot

I like that fishing spot, the 1 x 3( ??? ) Same size as Tom's but with the dock section, which means it holds it's height and has form, so we can decorate around it, and use Necora's Riffle mod to adorn the surrounding water area, and make the lovely inland pond (only possible with a terrain tool), but lovely for the existing waterways!  :)

Yeah, some of those houses are, they were more to 'spur on' the sort of form houses could take, size and design, more than the texture of them.  The water side ones, and the tree ones.  I tried to find 'forestry' type ones, but the main ones I found were really hovel like, and too run down for what I had thought of.  As I find more I'll Pin them.  :)

Sounds great about the placement, with the deco mods that are coming now, we can really get into designing the atmosphere of a place, say for instance, the Worship / Shrine area could be surrounded by large trees, alongside a pond, with reeds & water flowers around it, creating a lovely earthy, ethereal feel to it. :)  with a lot of blank space, we can then finish what you start, design wise :) 

Hahahaha, last minute note - lol - create a "bar', forest mead hall, but instead of a Barman, set the profession to 'priest', a good barman knows how to take a confession and keep it to himself.  LOL  ...  Especially the older barman in more 'frequented' bars.  A fun little "easter egg' in a mod ... maybe, one day :D :D  *cheeky ;)

What about - hollowing out one of the houses, and using it as a 'storage' section, empty (like the middle sections of your storage in your Mission building), and we can place the new storage units in there (so, it would need to be all road tiles or ghosted), so, works just like your new storage shelters, but, smaller and fits in with the existing houses.  Just no walls :)

Could create a nice little row of houses, and with a couple on an angle, could make like the Row Houses (Angled), but with the Forest houses.  (I don't know how that would work, but, if you could add in 1 or 2 angled versions, it would in theory).

Ok ...  now I'm done, haha.  And any ideas not picked up, let's put a 'pin' in it for another mod, one day. 
(ever the optimist), lol. 

Now I'm done ...  night @kid1293 thanks for the inspiration :D :D :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

brads3

i'll add to QUERY's gathering happiness center without a church idea. how bout a hunting lodge styled building that acts as either storage or a market? impacts happiness and the bannies can idle around it. 1 and a half to double the size of 1 of the original houses.
  as to wanting different textures or styles, you could try searching for yurts,grass houses or sod houses.

QueryEverything

Quote from: brads3 on April 23, 2017, 09:09:51 AM
i'll add to QUERY's gathering happiness center without a church idea. how bout a hunting lodge styled building that acts as either storage or a market? impacts happiness and the bannies can idle around it. 1 and a half to double the size of 1 of the original houses.
  as to wanting different textures or styles, you could try searching for yurts,grass houses or sod houses.

I think you misunderstood @brads3 I do want a celebration building, something to gather around etc, but, old, ancient grass roots type of celebration, without the crosses, and piousness that is reflected in a lot of church architecture. 

A hunting lodge sounds good for a forest environment, can have it in a modular form where you can have part of it as a market, and the other part as storage :)  and an add-on for all the luxury items (whiskey for you??  haha)

brads3

shhh don't tell my secrets. you will ruin the plan.shhhhh

kid1293

I have read your suggestions, but there was one picture that
caught my attention. I think it was called 'Stone Chapel'.

I memorized it and made my version of it. No cross, no belltower.
With a lot of green around I think it can be rather nice.  :)

RedKetchup

i would rather do a funeral crypt ^^
maybe a church for terminal phases :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

They are expected to live in the forest.  :D

Nilla

Varför inte en liten Skånsk medeltidskyrka? Den tror jag alla skulle gilla.

QueryEverything

@kid1293 yes, that is the really sweet one, which I saw and thought "you could have a simple, elegant, earthy wedding there".  It is really lovely, thank you very much!!  :D  Think of all the scattered rose petals, and vines, and lush forest around it :)

LOL @ @RedKetchup & you, re the "live" in the forest ...  that did make me chuckle.  :)

kid1293

Quote from: Nilla on April 24, 2017, 02:11:59 AM
Varför inte en liten Skånsk medeltidskyrka? Den tror jag alla skulle gilla.

Fråga Tom om han kan tänka sig en skånsk variant.
Passar bättre i norden.

Turis

Both of you can speak Swedish all you want, but, it can be easily translated by Google.  :P