News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Hulberona

Started by brads3, November 26, 2019, 05:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

good morning,NILLA. hope you are back for a while as i wind this map down.

all 3 railroads have their uses. i like the flexability of RED's for trading more things than just coal.but i like the looks of KID's stations and the sharper graphics and raised tracks from DS. if i can afford the computer memory,i'd keep both KID's and RED's in the mod tool box. on a mining map,KID's trains will get rid of coal. i did use RED's station and train before to move wool and built a building around the train so i didn't need the tracks.

how is your daughter fairing in Australia with all the news on this new virus? the news we get here is downplaying it considering the way China shut down soo many cities last week.

brads3

YEAR 85

RED has a huge, double 3 story, brick mansion on top of RED's mpuntain.it is near a spring fed pond with plenty of fish.the spring feeds the lush grass and flowers.the rear balcony overlooks a fodder meadow complete with a bee apiary,hunter tower and gathering hut.

the RK valley built a tavern to make mead from RED's honey.

pic 1:RED's mansion,double, 3 story, brick
pic 2:fodder meadow
pic 3:RED's trees, the new tree mod lilacs,and KID's roses and pond
pic 4: over view of RED's mountain
pic 5: RK corner tavern

brads3

YEAR 86 mine valley

we have a CC marble quarry that has been the main trade good for food. an RK random and stone quarry,a my precious mine for gold ore,a DS industry mine and coal bell pit.there is also a clay pit and EB sand pit.we used a KID tiny quarry and iron mine south of the start camp to access enough iron to get across the river.

there is a RK foundry to smelt copper in the north valley.an RK glass maker in the south valley made the glassware required by the RK corner tavern.we have a my precious smelter for the gold guilder.2 DS construction yards cut lumber as well as  KID's sawmill that has switched back and forth to firewood.2 DS open draft kilns have provided needed tiles,bricks,and glass.the DS candles are needed by the industry mine. alime kiln uses stone and coke fuel.we no longer need charcoal.it was needed to make some materials.the DS blacksmith and hearth  make tools and wagon parts.

the DS industy mod is huge and has lots more factory buildings that i did not use.we are trading coal with KID's railroad. bricks, pottery,gold guilder,and copper go to the trading posts as well as some excess goods. there is more work to getting the needed  materials to build the DS factory processors.the small open draft kilns aren't as efficient as the larger processors would have been,but thdey served their purpose here well. i do wish the candemaker employed 2 or 3 bannies to give more output.

the happiness and disease system of the DS mod i do want to look at more later.for now i can say  KID's education patch and TOM's norseman mod did override the DS mod. the only issue i had was at the start when the church was full.with the church yet these bannies function well. it really worked out well with the tweaking of the mods. that is an accomplishment. no game breaking issues.

i mentioned the struggle of keeping up with firewood and lumber over the many years. since the majority of houses are not from the DS mod,i am surprised the DS mod had that much affect. i don't think it is wrong however.i watched a TV show that took a couple groups of people and had them live like in colonial times. i think they did it from spring to fall but stocked supplies for surving the winter.the show emphasized how much firewood would be needed by each of the cabins.so the DS mod is historically accurate in pushing the firewood needs.

pic 1:north mines
pic 2: south mines
pic 3:north processors
pic 4: south processors
pic 5 and 6: over views 

brads3

END STATS

population just short of 500,97% educated.157 houses including 2 boardinghouses.a third of the work force is laborers due to the long distance and amount of materials being moved. we trade marble for much of our food from the trade posts. KID's railroad to the northeast trades coal and RED's to the southwest trades furs.

it took over 80 years, but we did get both railroad towns built.much of the DS industry mod was built thru the mine valley.KID's trapper mod was also built and tested. it did turn into a project, but i think it looks really good.

with some tweaking from some patches and other mods,the DS mod functioned without many issues. we had 1 work strike due to a crowded church. the happiness doesn't show progress.it is all or nothing for the bannies. we never had a huge outbreak of disease that killed off many at once.

the apple orchard forests have an issue with the soil. the trees bear fruit but the bannies seem to ignore them. i know this worked before.not sure what has caused the fruit not to be collected by the gatherers.i'll have to look back and compare the mod orders. 

pic 1: end stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:population and firewood graphs
pic 5:food and citizen graphs

brads3

HAPPINESS SYSTEM

where do i start this?  the DS industry mod makes this and the health a bigget part of the game.it also changes the need for firewood by the houses. according to other players, outbreaks of disease happen more often,especially early in the game. the need for balanced diets and city services is more critical.without these, the bannies will have issues or die off.

i have tweaked this system. KID's override uneducated patch mod and TOM's norseman mods have changed the affects of the DS mod. these bannies do not show any progress gain from city services.they show 3 stars or 5,no in between. i did not get concerned with workplace productions. i am sure these are not the most efficient bannies. we have not seen major outbreaks that killed many bannies. we did have some odd illnesses and a couple odd deaths but not widespread.

from the testing of this map with this mod order,the Ds mod works well with the RKEC and other mods.there has been no major issue. the bannies living far from services function as do those living closer to churches and schools.the bannies show happiness when alcohol is stocked nearby in a tavern. however,the amount of the alcohol doesn't seem to matter.alcohol in town markets does not help. note-not everything is modded the same. not all show the effects radius circles nor do all have any affect.not having a church works better than having a crowded church. theonly work strike occured when the pine church was crowded and there  was no other church built yet.churches became crowded after but  didn't affect the bannies since they could walk to another church.   firewood needs of all houses is higher.

i saw several players have troubles with the DS mod. all seemed to have die offs before they could get the diets balanced.they also had sickness early on partly due to the low health with the tweaking from KID's and TOM's mods,i did not see those die offs.yes there are some challenges that had to be overcome,but the map played quite well. that is an accomplishment.

the happiness and health affects that DS and TOM bring to the game do bring more challenges to the game.those are ongoing studies.i am sure we will see more changes to both systems.is it more realistic and how do other players feel about these changhes? a post should probably be started for those debates or discussions.

brads3

everyone plays different so i will look at my bannies and how i think they should react.  this has been a series of bannies that sailed across the ocean to America. the bannies originally settled and built a fort to send more groups out to explore and settle more lands. along the way i have built many different towns. some maps failed due to mod order issues,others were for testing new mods. some turned out better than others.not every mod worked and we did have failures.

the key here is most of the bannies come from the LANDING FORT.not all as we met the Indians and Mexicans as well as the French from Canada in our travels. so the bannies have some knowledge. many times the Fort sent miners or doctors to help build the towns. banished doesn't allow for nomads with education,not even the adults.KID's education patch solves this. the farmers having some education helps avoid food shortages. theory is the bannies would bne sent with some supplies,which the game doesn't allow for with the nomads. yet they do need to learn things as each map has differences such as climate,trees,terrain,etc. what trees will be the best for firewood,what plants shouldn't we eat,what type of fish live here,etc??

since these bannies escaped Europe,they are excited about their new lives.the women are watchful of the children since they are concerned about the bears, but still happy to explore. thou sad that they left their families,they are anxious for the possabilities that lay ahead.

O'K,so these bannies are not totally un-educated and they are not miserable slaves. yet,since we do not know the new areas well there should be a negative affect to health. some kid might get lost or bit by a poisonous snake.a flood might occur or a late snowstorm.cabins were drafty and young children got severe illnesses.so i do think i should adjust the mod order so the DS mod has more affects to the health. can i find a balance between the health affects and not offset the education and happiness?