News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4:Butterville

Started by brads3, February 20, 2020, 07:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

masks,goggles,and gloves and avoid people is all we can do. good if you can have supply delivered. i don't think my tiny rowboat will get me across the pond. i do wonder how long before we see more shortages of food and medicines. when you can i do say add some extra supplies for  safe keeping. this is far from a normal virus.

brads3

YEAR 50 to 52

we lost another founding father.Hobert has died of old age. he joins his wife in the cemetary. a couple has moved into the original EB house.
a merchant stopped by for more nutbread. he gave us some rasberries and some ruff wooden tools.

finally in year 52 ,we have a couple that graduate with no deaths. we can build a RK country house and plant the veggy seeds.the house has a pantry to store food. a garden shed and sorting station give a place to sort the veggies.

pic: veggy field and sorting station

banishedsanni

I am jealous of your snow! I choose the wrong climate for my map. I did not realize or better could not figure out by the description that i will never have snow.

R.I.P. Hobert

brads3

that is North snow. climate is with a nordic climate mod. so mild is actually closer to where i live. it works out to be harsher than a typical medium climate. it does make my growing season shorter. you might get snow on a normal mild now and then.

brads3

YEAR 53 and 54

we are at the edge of a population boom.we also need many things-food,tools,and logs. some limits are raised.we decide to extend the forest and add a hunter.hopefully, a good veggy harvest will increase the food enough. since we don't have a bridge an RK hunting tower will work between the 2 mini forests.our school is full so a forest school is needed also. 

the field produced 600 veggy's that need to be sorted into peppers,squash,cabbage,and pumpkins.a merchant traded us 50 rough tools. 

sadly the lady of the new cabin died during childbirth.

pic 1:RK tower hunter and 2nd mini forest
pic 3: FO school

brads3

YEAR 55 and 56

to increase the usefulness of the decorative animals,we'll need corn.the decorative field is worked. a 6x4 garden shed from KID's bakery garden mod is set under the oat field and corn replces the oat. these 2 garden sheds are micro-managed and disabled during the winter.this way we'll have corn to feed animals without taking away from the food reserves. NECORA's oats and RED's are different so we had to use corn for the stable barn.

some of our horses are moved to Necora's horse stable. the horses eat grain and multiply procducing domestic animals.

a second veggy field is planted. we built our 20th house.we finished the stable storage loft above the stables.this will increase our storage.
       we trade for strawberry seed and 200 tomatoes. 

note- oats would have worked if i had used the CC stable mod above the RKEC.

pic 1:feed corn, this will feed the stable
pic 2:Necora's stable barn, produces domestic animals
pic 3:2nd veggy field
pic 4: storage above stables

brads3

YEAR 57

we trade for 10 hardened tools. we do need to increase tool supply soon.while the builder works on fencing the new horse pasture,a mine needs dug and materials moved for houses. we are graduating students finally. KID's RKEC mine is dug. it will supply ores for the blacksmiths.we have 6 miners between the 2 mines.the new mine gives us copper for tools and the RK blacksmith can smelt some iron.we completed 2 more houses. 

pic1: plopable mine
pic2: new horse pasture fenced

brads3

YEAR 58 and 59

now that we have 50 working adults, we decide to build a townhall. we upgrade to a windmill since the water mill won't grind oats.we increase to 10 miners.2 more houses are completed.we traded for potato seed but it emptied the trade post.

by year 59,we realize we need to make several adjustments to increase supplies faster. we need tools,are tight on food and firewood,and need to improve our trading as well. 

a mini workshop will make leather coats. we plow another field and build 2 more RK country houses. an apple tree will give us more food and same beeswax.

a merchant sold us 150 iron ore.  everyone works hard and we have made some improvements.

pic 1:townhall
pic 2: mini workshop and windmill
pic 3: RK houses and beekeeper

brads3

YEAR 60 REVIEW

population 115, 58 adults,17 students,and40 children in 26 houses.little less than half educated. we have a townhall and a forest school was built. our mining has been expanded but we do struggle to find enough ores for tools. the new horse stable and pasture allow us to breed the horses. even with 2 deaths, population has grown by over 50%.

the speed has picked up.it is a steady growth.  the bannies have worked well together and been busy.hopefully we can avoid any more shortages. we need to improve trading. we do have some precious minerals and coal from the mines.

over the next 10 years,we will need another forest for more logs and hunting.we would like to get some pigs or beef cows.we still need a grain seed for larger fields.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: graphs

brads3

YEAR 60

we have grown enough to need a 2nd market.this will help move goods and keep everyone supplied. we added a fountain to the town center and a gazebo.
pic 1:colonial market will help move supplies
pic 2:town center parks started

brads3

YEAR 61

we need another ploppable mine to increase our tool outputs.1 will dig iron ore and 1 copper ore. the mini workshop is switched to rough tools to help make tools to dig the mine shaft. to help the woodcutters,we expanded the old market by adding a cart to haul logs.

we plowed another crop field and built our 30th house. even so,we need more. the pace has increased considerably.we even needed 2 builders.

pic 1: 2nd KID plop mine
pic 2: log cart
pic 3:house #30

brads3

YEAR 62

we have grown enough to need a new school. our town center is expanded. 

work begins on plantation farms to the south. grapes are being planted.2 fields are plowed.the main house and 1 worker house are completed.

we traded for grape seeds.     we still struggle to make tools.a 2nd worker is sent to the RK blacksmith.

pic 1: our 3rd school
pic 2: 1st plantation started

brads3

YEAR 63

we need to overcome this tool shortage.we had enough for most of last year. did we misplace them during the winter? we dig another mine,  a KID's tiny mine. this will dig iron. we will need a 2nd blacksmith shop to make better tools.

trades were 1000 eggs,3 chickens,and tomato seed.

time to clear a chicken run,took time away from building houses. we overcame the tool shortage. everything else is close to break even.

pic 1:tiny mine
pic 2: chicken run
pic 3: town center hedge

brads3

YEAR 64 and 65

we clear land for the 2nd RK blacksmith. 2 pairs of miners move closer to the tiny mine.  construction of the smith waits for iron ore. 

the plantation farm added a gathering hut for the grapes.a strawberry field was planted near the chicken run.

the new blacksmith will make steel tools. a miner moves from the RK random mine to being the blacksmith. a 2nd furrier hut is built near the forest to make pelt clothing.hopefully,we should see progress soon.

we have another childbirth death.we traded for 2000 food and 40 hide coats and wheat seed.

pic 1: 2nd RK BS will make steel tools
pic 3: fur hut to make pelt clothing
pic 3: grape gatherer

brads3

YEAR 66

before we can plant the wheat,we need more logs. a tiny forest is planned in a canyon to the north. a gathering hut and hunter will work there as well. the workers will stay in 2 CC cabins.

we trade for 125 venison roasts.

we tried to help the grapes by cutting logs out. was a tuff year but we survived.our founding bannies have all past away from old age.

i do think we have a mod issue. RED's orchard forests are affected by the setup for the pine mod. can be fixed by adding the CC orchard forest mod. for now we aren't getting grapes which is slowing our food production.

pic: tiny forest