News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Garden Walls: Utility for 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, March 10, 2017, 02:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

I don't mind the fodder values as they are, if the fodder becomes overpowering I simply build more buildings within the radius, making the usable space, less.  If I find then that I run low, I remove a building or 2 until I get the right balance. :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

i will probably upload an update tonight or tommorow :)

or maybe in 2 days ^^ (i have a building to do)

I lowered alot the fodder number produced.
I lowered a bit the number of fertilizer produced and put a bit more work to produce it.
i scared a bit the amount of hay on the ground, much nearer than a forest is producing.
i ve put a little bit bigger radius from 20 to 24.
now hay on the ground can spawn flowers in the holes. Flowers will change color and disappear in winter as they will float with wind.
the hay now will change color and disappear from sight in winters. they also will float with wind now.
Harvesting flowers will require a new building (project list to do) and will produce perfume with those essence of flowers.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

UPDATE 2.0 :

I lowered alot the fodder number produced.
I lowered a bit the number of fertilizer produced and put a bit more work to produce it.
i scared a bit the amount of hay on the ground, much nearer of a forest is producing.
i ve put a little bit bigger radius from 20 to 24.
now hay on the ground can spawn flowers in the empty tiles. Flowers will change color and disappear in winter as they will float with wind.
the hay now will change color and disappear from sight in winters. they also will float with wind now.
A new building: Florist will harvest these flowers and
another new building: Perfumery will produce perfume with those flowers.
Perfume is essentially a vendor product for the moment.

The update is fully compatible with old saves :)
Enjoy !

Nilla

Sounds very good. I will go away a few days but test it when I'm back! I liked this mod before and will probably like this version even more! :)

Paeng

Fantastic update!

Really like the way the fields vary in color from gold to green, plus the flower patches, very nice - they fit really well in the fodder fields...  so cool that now everything disappears in winter, too...

And I much prefer the new balancing ( waving at QueryE  :D )... it's not so easy anymore, my peeps need to work again for their food  ;) ... plus the perfume for export can make some money instead, so that's okay...

Great Show  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on April 10, 2017, 12:16:24 PM
Fantastic update!

Really like the way the fields vary in color from gold to green, plus the flower patches, very nice - they fit really well in the fodder fields...  so cool that now everything disappears in winter, too...

And I much prefer the new balancing ( waving at QueryE  :D )... it's not so easy anymore, my peeps need to work again for their food  ;) ... plus the perfume for export can make some money instead, so that's okay...

i am happy to know you are satisfied of it :)

i also put a very big range for the flowers harvesters so they arent obligated to be inside those fodder crops :) and with their long rang they can take care of 2-3 circles :)

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 10, 2017, 01:30:52 PM
Fantastic update!

i also put a very big range for the flowers harvesters so they arent obligated to be inside those fodder crops :) and with their long rang they can take care of 2-3 circles :)
That's an interesting and very cool idea! Having workers with the range to harvest 2-3 circles gives us a lot of flexibility when it comes to placing the circles.
This is what I find really interesting  with modding, people experimenting with what can be done and creating new ways to play the game.

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 10, 2017, 01:30:52 PM
Fantastic update!

Fantastic @RedKetchup what a great idea, will make use of it!!  :)

@Paeng here ...  let me find a raspberry for you ...  pfffttttt ;)  hahahaha :D    :P :P :P

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

wiscoke

is it possible to make those flower patches a decorative item, so you can place them wherever you want. I very much like it. also the grass of the fodder farms would be a nice decorative addition .

Karlieb

The flowers are a little large but I love this. Almost looks like home.

http://imgur.com/TSlK5kh

Either I'm too dumb to embed an image or I'm too new. ;)

asthehind

This mod is so pretty! But I can't get it to work. :( I built all the necessary buildings and put workers in. The well started making water immediately, and some was put in the greenhouse. The fodder farm sprouted all the lovely grass and flowers, but come late autumn it all disappeared and no fodder went into the stables or storage! For some reason the miscellaneous production level (while very high) was full and both the fodder farm and stable had warnings that they were at the production limit despite having never made anything. Increasing the limits made the warnings go away temporarily, but nothing was made. This is a new save running with Medieval Town, Colonial Charter, Natural Diversity Lite and a decorative plants mod that I forget the name of.

RedKetchup

i really dont understand why it doesnt work for you

the fodder disappear in winter but it is just "visual" they should continue to grow and harvest it like it was summer.
should take 1 or 2 years before it start to cruise.

dont you see any hay stack piles standing on the field, never ?
do you have the specific barn to stock it ?
which version of banished ? 1.0.6 or 1.0.7 ?

do you have last update about natural diversity ? is that mod on top of GW:Utility ? or Utility ahead of Diversity ?

QueryEverything

Quote from: Karlieb on April 23, 2017, 08:58:59 AM
The flowers are a little large but I love this. Almost looks like home.

http://imgur.com/TSlK5kh

Either I'm too dumb to embed an image or I'm too new. ;)

Wow, such a stunning picture @Karlieb :)  And welcome to the forum :)

Quote from: asthehind on April 23, 2017, 09:16:32 AM
This mod is so pretty! But I can't get it to work. :( I built all the necessary buildings and put workers in. The well started making water immediately, and some was put in the greenhouse. The fodder farm sprouted all the lovely grass and flowers, but come late autumn it all disappeared and no fodder went into the stables or storage! For some reason the miscellaneous production level (while very high) was full and both the fodder farm and stable had warnings that they were at the production limit despite having never made anything. Increasing the limits made the warnings go away temporarily, but nothing was made. This is a new save running with Medieval Town, Colonial Charter, Natural Diversity Lite and a decorative plants mod that I forget the name of.

@asthehind Can you please check your storage buildings?
Do you have the right storage (with the new game version 1.07 you will need new storage for these new mods (in some cases, depending on how @RedKetchup coded his).  Often times the 'limit' symbol isn't just about the Resources tab, but, about the storage for them - you may simply just not have the right storage laid out! :)

With Colonial Charter, as long as you have the new 1.75 version you should have an abundance of new storage buildings, as well as any Red has put in, I would suggest trying 2x2 squares of all the 'specialized storage', as well as putting down 1 each of the small storage units.

I didn't think NatDiv would have an impact, as it's for the starting conditions, but, ...  it is a new mod.

If possible, can you post a screenshot of your setup?  It may be easier to 'see' the bug :D

brads3

the only thing i can think of is he has the older NAT DIV mod. so the limit he is hitting is the thatch. i think the fodder is under  a MISC limit and nothing else i know of is except fertilizer which would be at 0 still and the flowers.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on April 23, 2017, 05:27:45 PM
the only thing i can think of is he has the older NAT DIV mod. so the limit he is hitting is the thatch. i think the fodder is under  a MISC limit and nothing else i know of is except fertilizer which would be at 0 still and the flowers.

thats what i think too : the NaturalResourceGrass.rsc changed from old NAT DIV version