News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice MOD 1.3.1 FULL

Started by RedKetchup, March 11, 2019, 08:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

only by destroying and rebuild make sure the stockpile is not too tight and have some space
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Vulgarian

So far I'm loving this mod. But I've encountered an oddity related to gems and jewelry. A Sapphire sells for 300 (I think) and a gold bar for 40-something. But a Sapphire ring (gold + sapphire) sells for only 230. Is it by design that the raw materials are more valuable than the finished product?

Since I'm being nit-picky, glass = 8 but glassware = 7.
Flowers = 1, Perfume (glassware + flowers) = 8.
So perfume has the same value as raw glass. (?)

The only thing I miss from CC is a smaller town hall and maybe a smaller wood chopper. This is a pretty damn good mod. And it loads WAY faster than CC.

galensgranny

This is a great mod, @Vulgarian .  Regarding a small wood chopper, I use Kid's Chop-Chop at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1930.msg50897;topicseen#msg50897.  It's a small wood chopper that can also make lumber.  It's a must for when starting out before building Red's large wood chopper and lumber mill.

Kid also made a small town hall at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=576

Vulgarian

Quote from: galensgranny on November 13, 2019, 03:26:12 PMRegarding a small wood chopper, I use Kid's Chop-Chop at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1930.msg50897;topicseen#msg50897.  It's a small wood chopper that can also make lumber.  It's a must for when starting out before building Red's large wood chopper and lumber mill.

Kid also made a small town hall at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=576

Thanks for that. I'll give them a go.

CookieBarrel

The production value is balanced! @Vulgarian, Look at the input & output of those buildings. It's not a one to one outcome.

RedKetchup

i think what you are forgetting when you count input-output: when you craft something, you dont just craft 1 unique item. you are creating more than one item at the time, depending what. also educ-uneduc modify the number created.

can be 1 to 2, 2 to 4, 2 to 5, 6-10, 12-24...... items created.

Vulgarian

Thank-you for clarifying. I hadn't noticed that it wasn't 1 output for each input.

Hildewulf

Thanks so much for making this mod! It has been one of my favorites for a long time. Really appreciate your work.

banner38

Vimes

I am new to Banished and thought that I would try the Ultra Light version of this mod, with minimal changes to the gameplay.
I hadn't realised that the UL version would also include the woodcutter needing fodder thatch only to make firewood.
I then read this on the first post, albeit about the full version.....

Tips: Requires 2 logs or 5 lumber or 5 fodder-thatch. Will create 5-8 firewood per job done. The menu by default is set to fodder-thatch because i want people notice that, you can this.

....... I am not sure that I understand  it means you have to use fodder thatch only and not also be able to use logs to produce firewood..?
As I see no means for the woodcutter to use logs I guess that isn't going to be possible..?

Thanks

Nilla

Look at the menu of the woodcutter. There are several options. You can use thatch, logs OR lumber as input. Just change the menu in the same way as you change the tailor´s or blacksmith´s  menu in a vanilla game.

I think Red set the thatch by default because he wants to make people aware of this rather unusual option. By the way; the RKEd woodcutter works a bit slower than his vanilla colleague but you can use I think 3 woodcutters at the same site.

Vimes

Thanks.

From what I read I assumed that should be the case. Just needed to check.

https://imgur.com/lKmEVSp

hopefully my screenshot will work.

for me I get zero choices for my woodcutter but only to use the thatch option, this is the UL version as noted, not the full one.
With the blacksmith I get a lot of choices, as expected with this mod. The same with the tailor.

I use very few other mods and this one is at the top of the short list.

I have now started another game without this UL mod and I now have the std option to use logs for wood.

Nilla

It might be that way in the UL-version, intended or not, I don´t know. I suppose there´s a lumber mill in that version, too. If you want to try this mod out and it works like in the full version, you can use it to make firewood from logs.

Vimes

Thanks, you could be right. I did ask over at Steam, as that it where I first found the mod, what gameplay changes there were with the UL version.
I wanted a pretty much vanilla experience, being new to the game, but with certain eye candy changes and good map generation etc etc.
As it is I'm quite enjoying my first attempt at playing the game without the UL version and I'll get to understand the vanilla game rules.
Redketchup has been replying over at the Steam mod page and kindly offered to check it out.
I started a new game with only the UL version of the mod used and still could not see an option to use anything other than thatch to create firewood. I just hope that I'm not missing something obvious here...!

RedKetchup

i download the XtraLight 1.3.1d version and i checked. effectively i dont see the menu to choose.

i ve check the code and i have no idea why :S
i need to send the file, the template to Kid so he can check... .cause i really see nothing. another pair of eyes are often useful.