News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Here's a couple of mods some of you might be interested in.

Started by MarkAnthony, October 06, 2019, 12:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

I just came across these mods tonight over at BanishedInfo. They were uploaded within the last month and a half so they are fairly new-ish. Both of them are by Wanderer Reece.

doDaylightCycle 2019-08-21  <--- @Abandoned in particular might like this one
More Hard Starts 2019-09-17  <--- @Nilla in particular might like this one

That doDaylightCylce one is interesting really. Now, it doesn't actually change to day/night every day or night in game because if it did your screen would just flickering like crazy right, especially if one year = five? Talk about a headache or epilepsy-causer like first person shooters!  ???   Anyhow, it seems to lighten and darken the map a couple of times a month - it's pretty neat actually even if it's not accurate. I do very much like the change it makes; it's a nice visual ambience, especially when it's snowy!

The More Hard Starts is just that, hard starts like Adam and Eve (with or without kids), Jack and Jill (with or without kids) and other kinds too. Some of them sound extreme and I needed to mention this one for Nilla's sake.

Just thought I'd share.

EDIT: The screenshots for doDaylightCycle don't do the mod any justice, check it out in game! It looks better in game I think.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Nilla

I just looked. Didn´t know that there still was some activity on that page. Some of them sound as you say impossible in a vanilla game where you have no instant picking of wild food/instant hunting but not much different from the worse starts in the North or RKEd. Maybe I´ll take a look some time. Thanks. :)

Abandoned

Thanks @MarkAnthony for pointing that out   It looks interesting.  :) I have not checked out that site in quite awhile.

MarkAnthony

I gotta say, I'm really liking loving this doDaylightCycle mod and KidTreeTopper mod too! I started a new game about half an hour ago to try these both out for the first time and I've really taken a shining to these.  :)

I'll speak more about my newest game and other mods I am trying out for the first time as well in my other thread, "Mark's Ramblings".

Here are some screenshots from my newest game showing just three images of the night cycle.

Abandoned

elana

Is it safe to add the night night mod to an ongoing game?    :)
EDIT:  I think I tried this mod a year ago and it Nerfed my vanilla game??
Do as you would be done by

MarkAnthony

According to the date on the mod it was only uploaded 45-ish days ago. As far as if you can add it to an ongoing game, I would think it'd be okay but just to be safe, make a backup copy of your saved game files; that's what I'd do.

EDIT: This doDaylightCycle mod shows green in my in-game mods list of 70 enabled mods, so no conflicts for me. I think it would be hard to find other mods that changed/messed with the in-game color shaders; I know of only one that does --> The SeasonFX mod I think it was called. If you use that then I would expect conflicts or crashes but I've never used the SeasonFX mod myself so I don't know for certain.

MarkAnthony

I thought I'd resume the new game from this morning for a bit while dinner is cooking.

This will be the last of my screenshots for this thread topic; I just wanted to give a few examples of what the day/night cycles were like.  You'll find me hanging out at my other thread if you need me.  Just imagine how much nicer it'd all look if I actually played with shadows on!  I need a new computer; gimme yours! :P

Abandoned

@MarkAnthony Thanks again for bringing doDaylightCycle mod to my attention.  It is really cool  :)

Artfactial

That really does look good.:)
The mod was uploaded on the Steam Workshop in march: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1673402390&searchtext=night

I haven't tried it out yet since it's probably incompatible with Season Fx..but those screenshots do look really nice. Thanks for reminding!:)

elana

Thanks Mark.  I'll try the day night mod.  Apparently I was using a differet mod that tried to do similar things.  Happy gaming.
Do as you would be done by

Greedybugz

Hi, thanks Mark, it looks cool. I think i might give it a try.