News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Going from CC 1.76 to MegaMod 8.

Started by theredguy, November 06, 2019, 05:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theredguy

I'm quite new to Banished and am loving it.

I've found loads of great advice on this and a few other forums but have a question regarding mods.

I am currently running CC 1.76 but would like to explore some of the extras in MM8 and would just like to know if its likely that I will run into any issues with current progress if I change over?

Many thanks.

:)

brads3

not sure what you mean by "progress". you will need to start a new map. 1 thing you have to consider is can your coputer handle the large fies of the MM? that is a huge mod made up of 100's of mods in 1. ake sure to check the blackliquid site on patches that might be needed also.

if your computer will not hande the large MM,you can make a list of what you want from it. you can add many small mods to the CC.you can pick and chose the parts you want to add and stay below the memory levels limits of your computer.

theredguy

Thanks for the reply.

I meant would it cause issue with the current map I'm playing if I stop running CC1.76 and change to MM8 but as you said I would need to start a new one so that's my answer.

I've had to move from my laptop to the pc as I can't deal with 18 fps anymore :)

Cheers

theonlywanderer

It's easy enough to just save multiple copies of your current map and then just try one with MM.   I'm not sure why there would be a problem since CC is part of MM anyway.   But it won't matter as long as you have other saves of the map.

brads3

yes and no. what would happen is anything added to the MM that spawns at the start would not exist. say the MM includes the pine od and new flora. those items would not spawn after adding the MM since the save was done with plain CC. any changes to the buildings he has built could cause a crash. only way to be sure the full MM is loading is to start a new map.

theredguy

In the end I chucked my latest save on One drive and transfered it to the pc. Once I installed MM8 I booted it up and everything was ok till I went to build something that wasn't part of CC then the game crashed, tried several times and got the same result so I guess for me the answer is a definite no.

Thanks for the info all the same.