News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Multiple starts + RKEC

Started by Jewelz, November 11, 2019, 08:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewelz

My favorite starting conditions come from mod Multiple Starts Version:  1.2  –  by Tikaszar, the Exoduses. I love them because I can by pass that slow 20 year growth and actually start building "real" buildings pretty quickly. Plus I enjoy the challenge of trying to keep 60 people from starving to death.

BUT, I get no bison or other awesome Redketchup game animals when I put it above RKEC in the mod load order. Any ideas on a way around this?

kid1293

RKEC and Multiple Starts references the same paragraph in the same game file.
There is no way around it. Either or.
Ask RK for an Exodus start.

Jewelz

Thanks, Kid! That was my suspicion. 

brads3

last time i tried the multiple starts, i had weird food outputs from crops. so far nobody has split the start coding into sections where we could control the poppulations and still have the start items and animals. you can use the DEBUG mod to add more bannies to the map. when you do remember to increase some food and tools. you could even quick build a boardinghouse using the DEBUG. it is a handy tool to set the map start to your preference.

Jewelz

Thanks, Brad. I actually just downloaded  a debug mod this morning. I was wondering if I could sort of "force" that start with it. I have never used one, so I'm a little intimidated by it!

brads3

it is a good tool to have when testing mod orders as well.  the last icon on the bottom adds population. there is a "enable zero build cost" button,to quick build or place constructed buildings. the star icon lets you see all the items for the map in the inventory. this can help find conflicts.think of it as a too not as a cheat.

Jewelz

I've crashed 3 times so far.  I have sound, and my mouse will move, but I can't interact with any buttons.

Can the debugger help me figure out why?

galensgranny

Jewelz, the debug menu won't help with your no sound, etc. problem. Try restarting your computer and see if that fixes the problems.

brads3

when enabling mods make sure to let the game reload and EXIT completely. then restart. that is the most common reason for crashes.the workaround to that is the mod manager.

Jewelz

Oh, I do reload, but I do not exit completely. You mean all the way out of steam?

brads3

thou i am not familiar with running banished on steam,yes i would exit the game completely and reload after enabling mods. check the build # as well it has to be the latest version 170910 for some newer mods.if you are freezing ike you say, i wonder if the steam is trying to update at the same time.

Jewelz

I think it's fixed! I was disabling DS UI mod, and reloading, but it wasn't shutting off. I exited all the way out and it stuck. I think the DS UI mod was fighting with RKEC.

galensgranny

The DS UI mod works with RK EC.  The problem would have been that you made a change in enabling or disabling and then did not completely exit out of the game, then restart Banished. The game doesn't work right if you enable or disable a mod while in the game.  Even if you hit the "quit" button in the menu, and then load a saved game, that is still not exiting the game totally.