News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Westward Ho - part 6 - Ghost Town - Story 30

Started by Abandoned, July 30, 2018, 12:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

That dude from the paint wagon must have a feeling the people would found out about his criminal past and decided to take a hike.
I get a feeling we not have seen the last of him.  ???

@Abandoned
Nice to read the story and while your stories were always good you found a way to put some plots into them and so are the stories even getting better and better  :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

Quote from: embx61 on August 09, 2018, 01:57:50 PM
That dude from the paint wagon must have a feeling the people would found out about his criminal past and decided to take a hike.
I get a feeling we not have seen the last of him.  ???

;D But wasn't it a nice looking wagon?

Thanks @embx61 I am glad you are enjoying story.  :)

embx61

Yes, Kid did a good job on the wagon and you came probably up with many ideas. :)
More the reason for Fred to show up again soon.
The whole set looks good and i bet you guys are busy getting some more stuff in :)

Abandoned

yes, @embx61 I give an idea and Kid gives back much more than I ask for.   :)  He is very talented.  And right again, we are working on a couple of things.  :-X

embx61

Yes, we all came a long way.
I remember still 2015 when i started Modding a little bit because my wife wanted a windmill in Banished so I told her maybe one of the modders at WoB make one but she said Nope, I want you to make me one.
I knew nothing about 3D Modelling and never made a 3D model in my life and I told her so but my wife told me "If one can learn/do it you are the one" :)

So I bought a cheap mesh and so i learned with that mesh to model a little bit.
Even when she knew nothing about it either she sat many times next to me to encourage me if I was frustrated and stuff but finally we pulled it off.

I think no one here of the Modders knew about 3D modelling before. Red was about all by himself in the beginning.

As long as it is fun I keep doing it and so far it is fun and have still quite some ideas in the pipeline. :)

Goblin Girl

@embx61 , knowing that about your windmill makes it really special.   :)

Abandoned

Yes, there has been so much improvement all around.  It is amazing and so many wonderful mods, so much to pick from and so much variety.  The contribution all you modders have made are much appreciated.  :) And it is so nice to have you back with us EB  :)

embx61

@Goblin Girl
My wife was very special in a very special way and I still miss her every day.
But I have to go on because that is what she wants me to do and modelling is a big part of my life.
If she never asked me to make the mill I probably never would have been modelling at all.

@Abandoned
Thanks, I am glad to be back.

Goblin Girl

@embx61
It does get a little easier with time.  You still miss them, but it isn't as sharp and painful. 
Peace to you.

Abandoned

Chapter 11

There was nothing we could do about the paint vendor leaving and not much more we could do without more paint.  No one saw him leave, if he went through town it was before dawn.  The weather had taken a sudden turn for the worse, it was freezing cold with blowing and drifting snow.  We hoped the wagon vendor was alright and would someday return.

Spring came and again Dom and I were awakened before dawn.  Don't these people ever sleep?  They had made a discover north of town.  We were always so busy elsewhere that no one had ventured very far in that direction.  The group waited outside the rooming house while Dom and I dressed.  The group then followed us up Main Street, past where the paint wagon had been, and through the small birch grove. 

Before us was what appeared to be a large private residence with outbuildings.  There was an old cottage perhaps for workers, a stone wall herb garden with an arched entrance, a ruined greenhouse, an old garden, a small barn, and a very large house.  As we approached the house we heard crying.  Who would be crying inside this boarded up old house?  Could a child have wandered from town and somehow gotten into the house? Unlikely since we had to pry away boards from the door to get in.  Our search turned up nothing.  The crying resumed when we left the house.  It would appear that our Ghost Town actually had a ghost.

Behind the house partially hidden in the trees near the lake we found a small family graveyard.  There were only 4 graves but many ghost flowers. The engraving on one of the two matching tombstones was done much later than the others which were quite weathered.  The names on the matching stones were Zeek and Sara.  The third stone bore the name Rebecca. It would seem that Rebecca was fond of plants and herbs and by the presence of the greenhouse was over indulged by her doting father.  In all likelihood she was the herbalist Doc referred patients to.  There was no name on the small white cross.

There were several strange dead trees around the grounds and as we passed by the one in front of the old cottage on our way back to town we notice a heart had been carved into that tree.  Inside the heart 2 names were carved "Freddy + Becky".  We could still hear the crying.

brads3

a ghost town with a real ghost... who would have thought it. nope i really didn't see that coming.<< slaps self in head    LOL

Goblin Girl

Quote from: brads3 on August 10, 2018, 10:14:47 AM
a ghost town with a real ghost... who would have thought it. nope i really didn't see that coming.<< slaps self in head    LOL
It's what I expected at first, and then I thought I was wrong...but clearly I was not!
I fully expect the paint to be malevolent in some way.
Edit: I wonder if Fred Farkus is Fred Krueger Farkus.  ???

Abandoned

:D yes, it appears Old West Ghost Town has a ghost.  :D 

Fred Farkus is more than likely a descendant of Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist  ;D from a very old Wild West computer game where if I am not mistaken he was trying to find a cure for his horse's flatulence. I remembered him when I was thinking of a good reason why weary traveler was so weary.  :)  The old game can be found on Good Old Game.  ;D

brads3

in all those buildings did you find a wagon store? you can't go west without supplies and wagons.