News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Irrelevant: Ferrumton - DS Industrial

Started by irrelevant, September 08, 2019, 01:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

This isn't going to be very detailed, as there really isn't much wisdom at this point I'd be able to add to what @Nilla and @MarkAnthony have already done. I just want to briefly document my town's progress so far.

Image 1: Year 5 - spend most of the game to this point figuring out the new and unfamiliar paths for iron and bronze. Some fun stuff here.

Image 2: Year 8 - discovered the Jetty and Bridge toolbar with its forge and glassmaker. Being able to make iron directly from ore is far preferable to building bloomery smelters. Not only less fussing around but more important far less wasteful of iron ore.  Just need to have tons of firewood, which is always my #2 priority in any case. And glass is needed for much of the construction that will be coming in a few more years. But I am surprised that charcoal is not an option as a fuel.

One thing that's puzzling me is why the professions panel shows that I have 16 builders' slots to fill. I've looked all around and I don't have anything much under construction, just the Byggen Town Doctor in this image.

Image 3: forest group. Just built the herbalist, seems to give a bigger health boost than it does in vanilla, but it hasn't been operating for very long.

Nilla

Do you have any charcoal piles or bloomeries under construction or demolition? I can at least see one. They occupy builders.

And yes, the jetty construction buildings are helpful. I used them in my first DSIM game too.

irrelevant

I figured it out, I had about half a dozen fuel carts all built on top of each other. It's fixed now.

My guys keep going back to the herbalist, gaining about a heart or so each time. That certainly was unexpected, after how useless the herbalist is in vanilla.

MarkAnthony

Late to the thread here since I just finished my last post. After reading your issue with mystery build projects I was also going to ask if maybe you had some DS Wagons set down waiting to be built - that tripped me up before since I wasn't able to see them, I didn't know they existed.

Seems it was. =)
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

irrelevant

Well, this should be interesting. I built my housing too slow, and I'm heading for a big die-off. It's been forever since that's happened to me. Going to be down to just two three ladies of child-bearing age, with five six guys for them, and a bunch of old farts. Oh well, at least there will be plenty of infrastructure and resources for them as they come back up. ;D

Building a stone mine while I still have the workforce to do it.

Nilla

My advice: CLOSE THE HERBALIST. ALL THIS WALKING AROUND MAY COST UP TO 90% OF YOUR PRODUCTION!!! (Or maybe not that much since your settlement is still small) They will soon lose that heart again and be back at the herbalist. A never-ending loop. Read my report on Marks thread!

irrelevant

@Nilla  yeah, I don't really see that things are much better with more hearts, although the lower chances of death in childbirth seems compelling. But there is no way I am ever going to get back up to five hearts or even four.

What is even the origin of this loss of health? All that is missing from their diet is grain....

irrelevant

Anvils seem to be pretty good for trade. Anything made from iron, really, iron fittings, stonemason tools.... And firewood is not bad even at 2, you can get 30 firewood from 4 logs if you turn it into timber first.

irrelevant

Is bronze useful for anything other than making tools?

brads3

Quote from: irrelevant on September 08, 2019, 04:25:08 PM
@Nilla  yeah, I don't really see that things are much better with more hearts, although the lower chances of death in childbirth seem compelling. But there is no way I am ever going to get back up to five hearts or even four.

What is even the origin of this loss of health? All that is missing from their diet is grain....

from what i read, the variety of food makes a difference. so not just 1 veggy and 1 meat but different types. i think their workplaces have a bigger affect too.

the others say it doesn't matter to production. to me that would be odd. i would try to have it drop slower. they seem to et it drop to 0 quick.
i am sure i have a mod holding my health higher. i'm down a heart and a half. i do have the ability to gather a variety of foods and have had some wild oats. my bannies do collect herbs in fall. so even without an herbalist they are stocked.

irrelevant

Built a Thompson seed dock, the first merchant brought wheat seeds, ordered flax. We'll see if that helps. A nice stack of anvils goes far in trading.

irrelevant

irrelevant

Quote from: MarkAnthony on September 08, 2019, 01:53:04 PM
Late to the thread here since I just finished my last post. After reading your issue with mystery build projects I was also going to ask if maybe you had some DS Wagons set down waiting to be built - that tripped me up before since I wasn't able to see them, I didn't know they existed.

Seems it was. =)
Funny we both did the same thing! ;D

Discrepancy

Thanks @irrelevant ,

I have not yet made any changes to the Jetty & Bridge mod (or others) to allow the use of resources that are added in this mod. I may look into doing this in the next version.

Currently Bronze is not being used for much but the tools and in the construction of some limited monuments and buildings.

irrelevant